Written by HBG :
I don't know if this has ever been shared on here before, as it isn't the latest in animated news, but last night I came across the Mickey Mouse animated shorts on Twitter. If you're not familiar with this series, it first released on June 28th, 2013 on the Disney Channel. The series is produced and directed by Paul Rudish, a man known for cartoon series such as Dextor's Labratory and The PowerPuff Girls. For the past four seasons of the series, seventy or so episodes have been released. These episodes can be found on the Mickey Mouse YouTube channel.
I personally quite like this series. While I enjoy the classics as well, what I like about this series is the 70s era style of backgrounds and character designs. Yes, the character designs. From around the 1940s onward, Mickey, in my opinion, took on a rather odd style. The tan fur made him look more like he had human/plastic skin, and the more detailed eyes just seemed out of place. In the 2013 series, he's reverted back to his late 20s and early 30s style. And while it appears Mickey never had the pie-eye styled eyes, I think it's a nice touch. Then again, that could be due to the fact that I'm a fan of a horror game called Bendy and The Ink Machine, which uses this style for their characters. Either way, these eyes look quite nice on Mickey. The only thing I personally don't like are Mickey's pants. I don't understand how they don't simply fall off of him.
Here's one of the animated shorts that can be found on YouTube:
What do you think of this series? Leave your comments bellow!
Register on the site!
Zootopia reads and more
- What did Bellwether mean by, "I Framed Lionheart"? dan1966 - 52 days
- Share Your Zootopia Puns Jake Razor - 723 days
- Favorite Characters? BuffyWolfie - 733 days
- Nick and Judy: Pairing or Friends? Jake Razor - 757 days
- :wildwolf: Submitting my latest Zootopia "Cop-fiction" A script for a ...dan1966 - 52 days
- Ah, she's up and she's amazing!! You did a fantastic job with her :ver...Wild Wind - 249 days
- Such a heart touching character. You did an excellent job, and I can t...Wild Wind - 270 days
- Very nice work on this character. The part about her past and her boy...Jake Razor - 283 days