Written by Karlamon :
The Fox and the Hound isn’t exactly the most fondly remembered film according to Disney, which explains the lack of proper behind-the-scenes documentary. Luckily though, a devoted fan by the name of Adam Zanzie emailed us his insightful video essay on the 1981 animated feature, which we are pleased to feature on the site (embedded below).
Zanzie was originally going to make this a feature-length documentary, but a expensive rights price prevented this. Nevertheless, this 15-minute video details the film’s intense and troubled production cycle, based on conversations he personally had with people who worked on the film. These include director Richard Rich, executive producer Ron Miller, screenwriter Steve Hulett, animators Randy Cartwright and Gary Goldman, and others. Along with the production, Zanzie also details the conparasions between the 1981 film, and the original 1967 novel of the same name by Daniel P. Mannix.
For those who are are fan of the movie or/and the book, this essay is a fascinating watch to understand all the liberties that Disney had to go through to release the movie we all know and love today. Enjoy!
Register on the site!
TaleSpin reads and more
- Official Roleplay Guide Of Animation Source (3 guides) followersitaly - 5 days
- Tale Spin Fanfic idea daviding888 - 7 days
- Talespin parody Kae1990 - 10 days
- Cute animated avatars from TaleSpin ezraudeleon - 20 days
- Very clever. I did one where Rebecca :icon348: is working in a modern ...tpirman1982 - 71 days
- I like you my friend Ol Baloo. Oh Gosh Thank Gee.Isaac M Perez - 111 days
- That's 'cause Clementine was voiced by Kath Soucie. She also voiced Fi...tpirman1982 - 144 days
- The Unofficial Kit Cloudkicker website has a list. http://cloudkic...ann29 - 219 days
|+ 30 other visitors|