Written by Karlamon :
The Fox and the Hound isn’t exactly the most fondly remembered film according to Disney, which explains the lack of proper behind-the-scenes documentary. Luckily though, a devoted fan by the name of Adam Zanzie emailed us his insightful video essay on the 1981 animated feature, which we are pleased to feature on the site (embedded below).
Zanzie was originally going to make this a feature-length documentary, but a expensive rights price prevented this. Nevertheless, this 15-minute video details the film’s intense and troubled production cycle, based on conversations he personally had with people who worked on the film. These include director Richard Rich, executive producer Ron Miller, screenwriter Steve Hulett, animators Randy Cartwright and Gary Goldman, and others. Along with the production, Zanzie also details the conparasions between the 1981 film, and the original 1967 novel of the same name by Daniel P. Mannix.
For those who are are fan of the movie or/and the book, this essay is a fascinating watch to understand all the liberties that Disney had to go through to release the movie we all know and love today. Enjoy!
Register on the site!
TaleSpin reads and more
- Which characters should have their own spinoff show? nose dive - 2 days
- TaleSpin Shout Out on JK Studios nose dive - 15 days
- Characters you like to see punished or bump off? nose dive - 15 days
- Should I write a fanfiction about Karnage getting married? nose dive - 28 days
- I would love to see my own fan fiction story, The D.A. Heart become pa...kitcloudkicker52885 - 144 days
- Couldn't people upload screenshots themselves, to save you the time? ...storyseeker1 - 328 days
- Well, there was Aunt Louise... :icon334: ann29 - 345 days
- I now have all except for Negaduck. Hoping for a Kit Cloudkicker in th...kitcloudkicker52885 - 365 days
|+ 23 other visitors|