Written by steet :
What comes at a total shock for me, totally unexpected coming from Disney, is the confirmation that Disney will be making a whole new series for "Ducktales", coming on Disney XD in 2017!
The official press release states that the new series is a reboot, while keeping the same main characters and even side characters (Gizmoduck, anyone?)
For the youngest readers here who don't know about the series, this is the most cult and most popular animated series of Disney in the 80's/90's! It's a series based on the famous comics released by Carl Barks, which focuses on Uncle Scrooge and the nephews. (putting aside Donald, only making some cameo appareances)
Unlike nowadays series, Ducktales had a very large target audience : young kids to adults!
No word yet on the animation style that will be used (please no CGI, no Flash style... keep the traditional 2D art style, please please please!).
No word on if any of the original authors will be working on it either.
The original DuckTales is currently available on an official app : "WATCH Disney Channel" (can anyone and see if other Disney Afternoon series are available?!)
Does this give a slight chance for other Disney Afternoon series reboots? The most probable would be Darkwing Duck, considering the links between them, but who knows if we couldn't get some slight TaleSpin revival along the road?...
NB : I know this news is two days old, but I couldn't post it earlier. It's still a breaking news!
|November 10, 2016|
|March 02, 2015|
Register on the site!
TaleSpin reads and more
- Where can I find Talespin comics that aren't on the forums Mighty - 23 days
- What kinds of planes would like to see in Talespin? nose dive - 30 days
- Region 2 DVDs TellyWeb - 108 days
- New Ducktales give props to Talespin and DA! Gregory Weagle - 155 days
- I now have all except for Darkwing Duck and Negaduck. Hoping for a Kit...kitcloudkicker52885 - 6 h
- I found another commercial with original animation, it features WildCa...osoaviador - 22 h
- I read somewhere in the long flight home that Molly's father is dead. ...nose dive - 5 days
- I saw the theory on youtube but it makes no sense. I don't take it ser...nose dive - 10 days