Some pages from the first version of the script
This is the first script version of the episode, after it's been renamed (see the "Bedevilled Egghead" article)
I won't be describing the differences this time, it's quite fun to watch the episode and read the script at the same time to notice them so I'll let you do it!
Click on the pictures to expand them!
I can just state some major differences :
- A few lines with Broadcast Sally!
- There's supposed to be a storm and the sea duck is forced to land. Doesn't happen in the episode.
- Jymn (?) apparently didn't want to make the show too "cartoony", take a look at the notes about the sandwich for example.
- Some of Jymn's corrections made into the final episode, some didn't. For example, Jymn prefered Baloo to put his suit over his flight shirt, but in the final episode, Baloo takes off his shirt.
- He also doesn't want to give precise dates. "That was 1928" was replaced by "5 years ago". (yet no reference to the date is made in the final episode at all)
Unfortunately, this is only 14 pages, which is about 5-6 minutes of the episode. So obviously there's probably another version for the missing parts with other differences - which I don't have. (But I do have another script version which is almost final, and will be posted later)