Every now and then, even those of royalty deserve a day off and a moment to catch up between father and son. So, one hot day, Simba and Thabo decided to head over to a near by oasis and soak themselves in a small hot spring.
- This is the life, right, Thabo? Just the two of us, father and son, in a nice, relaxing hot spring, Simba said, smiling at his son who returned the smile.
- Yeah, you said it, Pop, replied Thabo, and then, both of them inhaled deeply and sighed, leaning back closing their eyes with relaxed smiles on their faces.
- So, tell me, Simba begun, opening his eyes and breaking the silence, and Thabo opened his eyes as well.
- Have you started searching yourself a mate yet?
Thabo opened his eyes properly, and laughed.
- Me, a mate? Nah! I haven't had the time for that kind of stuff.
Simba fixed his posture a bit, and raised an eyebrow, clearly preparing himself for a "dad-talk".
- Now, son, you know you can't just run around as a bachelor and have fun for the rest of your life. Eventually, you're gonna have to settle down.
- Yeah, yeah, I know. I just want to relax and enjoy my life while I can, you know, without any attachments, Thabo replied with an easy going smile and raised eyebrows.
- But hey, don't worry, I'll find a mate when it's the right time.
Simba's face turned into a sneaky grin, and he raised an eyebrow.
- Say... have you seen Ayana lately? I hear she's grown into a beautiful lioness.
- Yeah? So?
- I'm just saying, maybe she could... you know, make for a suitable bride for you, he said, with a teasing tone in his voice, and Thabo chuckled loudly.
- Oh, yeah! Good one, Pops. Since she's always hated my guts, I'm sure that'd be a dream marriage!
After this, both of them started laughing, and Simba reached out to ruffle his son's head with his paw.
Thabo (c) Me
Simba, original images (c) Disney