While Luca and Allie continued their journey with their new companion and positive attitudes, back home in the Isu Keeney pride things weren't all that cheerful. Prince Kaleb's condition had taken a turn to worse; His fever was rising, his breathing had gotten slow and raspy, and it was a struggle to get him to stay awake for more than 5 minutes. All in all, the prince was in a very weak shape. His parents were of course heart broken, and they had no idea how to help their son, they could only stay by his side and keep up hope, which was slowly starting to fade. Sera particularly was nearing a break down, and the fact that their daughter was still missing certainly didn't help...
- Hey, how is he? asked Roscoe, returning to the den and to his mate, who sighed.
- He's been sleeping all day again... I've tried talking to him, but I don't know if he can hear me, she said with a desperate voice.
- I'm sure he can, said Roscoe, who walked over to his mate and sat down beside her.
- I think it's important that we keep talking to him... to make sure he knows we're here for him, Roscoe spoke with a quiet and calm voice, and Sera sighed, lowering her head.
- Oh Roscoe... How much more heart ache can this family take? We can't do anything to help Kaleb, and we don't know where Allie is... her voice began to tremble, and she closed her eyes, as a small tear rolled down her cheek.
- Hey, hey... Roscoe quickly rushed to comfort his mate, and nuzzled her.
- Listen... our son is a fighter, just like you and me. I know he'll pull through this, but he needs our support, he said, and Sera sniffed and leaned towards her mate.
- As for Allie, you don't have to worry about her, she's safe with Luca. Or rather, he's safe with her, Roscoe tried to jokingly lighten up the mood, with a smile, and Sera let out a small chuckle, and buried her face into his mane. Her mate always knew what to say to cheer her up and make her feel better, but still, Sera's heart was restless and filled with worry - and as if things weren't stressful enough, she was also quite literally carrying a secret she hadn't told anyone yet, not even Roscoe... she was pregnant. And she had no idea how to tell him...
Sera (c) Bulbasaur
Roscoe, Kaleb (c) Me
Original images (c) Disney