About Hidden Mickey's
OK , This is my first article. I've noticed, in quite a few Disney films, They have hidden Mickeys : That is, Hidden mickey mouse outlines in every film. Here are a few.
- There is a hidden Mickey that can be faintly seen in the clouds, on the left side of the cover of the Lion King, just below baby Simba's feet.
- I was surfing through Disney's website and linked to the Lion King page. There's a tri-circle Mickey at the bottom of the page where you can link to other Lion King sites. It's on the book icon to link to 'story'
- During the opening song, as the camera scrolls to do an overhead view of several lakes, watch closely to see one,in the upper left-hand corner of the screen, to see a lake that looks a lot like Mickey's head!!!!!
- As Mufasa is explaining to Simba that 'The kings of the past' watch over us from the stars, the camera is slowly pulling back to reveal the upper left corner of the star field. In the letterbox edition, there is a full form Mickey outline watching over them, which is fully revealed just before the shot ends. Note that this may not have shown up in the VHS editions because of cropping in the video transfer.
- After Mufasa talks to Simba about 'the kings of the past', the movie shows Scar and the hyenas. After a short while Scar starts to sing and the song begins with some 'Humms' On the 3rd Humm look at the green poof of smoke on the left hand side towards the middle, you will see a Mickey head.
When Scar is about to sing 'Be Prepared' there are four poofs of green smoke. I can confirm that there is a definent Hidden Mickey formed in the third poof. It is a side view, and the nose is pointing to the right.
- In the beginning, the part where the birds are flying (some are closer than others), they fly over some islands, one is shaped in the Mickey head pattern, it's not that circular, but it's big.
- A Hidden Mickey is in the 'Just can't wait to be King' scene. A monkey pulls a cracker from behind Zazu's head. The cracker is shaped like a Mickey.
- At the part where Simba is singing 'I just can't wait to be king..' When the part with the animals all whispering to each other, to the girrafe to the monkey etc... At the monkey, pause and advance frame by frame.. the next scene is one of Zazu (the dodo) brushing himself off, and then getting lifted up. Look carefully at the dust that he brushes off himself on the RIGHT SIDE OF THE SCREEN.. The dust clouds form the head and two ears and one little cloud floats up and joins them to become the nose, and forms an UNDISPUTABLE PERFECT HALF-FRONT HALF-PROFILE HIDDEN MICKEY FOR ALL TO SEE. for about 1-3 frames. YAY!!!!
The Lion King 'EVERYBODY LOOK LEFT,EVERYBODY LOOK RIGHT' scene there is a Mickey on one of the vines on the ground some berries one the right hand side make a Mickey one red berry and two yellow berries make a Mickey.
- In the scene right after CYFTLT, Simba and Nala are standing on a fallen log. There is greenery in the background and behind that, a waterfall. You can see the waterfall through an opening in the greenery above and behind them that reminded me a lot of Mickey's head.
In the scene where Mufasa appears on the night sky. The clouds forms a hole that looks like Mufasa, and to the right you can see Mickey's head.
- During 'I Just Can't Wait To Be King' when the monkeys are picking fluff out of Zazu's hair a small yellow hidden Mickey is there.
- When Scar has finished telling Simba that a supposed secret is 'to die for', in the gorge, before the stampede, the camera angle switches to a bird's eye view of the gorge, and as it pans out, you can see that the top of the tree forms an upside down Mickey head. Not the most circular one you could find, but, there nonetheless. I'm surprise no one has spotted this one yet! :)
- In the elephant graveyard scene, the eyes of the elephant skull seem like two Mickey ears without the head. Most of the elephant skulls after this also look like this. The one where the hyenas come out is the most noticeable.
- The shadows between the 2 skeletons on the far left when the hyenas start to chase after simba form the 'classic' Mickey shape. it's undeniable!
- Has anyone seen Ed's tongue? It has three spots on it, and every once in a while, they make a Mickey!
- After Simba talks to Scar and before he talks to Nala, he runs down a rock path toward his mother, Nala, and Nala's mother. Right before it goes to a closeup of Simba talking to Nala, in the backround, there is a very, very faint outline of a Mickey face.
- When adult Nala meets adult Simba in the jungle, they go down to a water fall. She drinks from and when it is a side view the ripples come out from the water when she drinks it inside the ripples appear 2 smaller circles which creates a tri-circle on the ripples this happens twice.
- In the scene after Simba runs away, he is lying under the sun. If you look closely, right before Timon and Pumba show up, there is a hidden Mickey in the bottom left hand corner made
- Right after Simba leaves Timon and Pumbaa he lays down and blows some milkweed away, if you look hard enough you can see a hidden Mickey!
- When Timon reaches into the tree and all the bugs start pouring out, one of the ants is wearing Mickey Mouse ears. (This is really hard to see because the ant is small).
- When Timon reaches into the tree and all the bugs start pouring out, one of the bugs is red and on his back is the three black circles that form Mickey Mouse.
- The waterhole during Hakuna Matata looked like a Mickey head. I'm not sure about this one.
- Just as Scar hits Simba's mother and she goes flying and hits the ground, her head is in a Hidden Mickey. It is messed up a little but if you look at it, it is an outline of Mickey. Her head is directly in it as she is lying on the ground.
- Just as Simba looks up into the sky and the 'storm' is happens and just as Mufasa is appears in the clouds, look to the left of his head. The Hidden Mickey appears twice that I saw. It appears black and then goes away and then reforms in the clouds, of course. Just to the left of Mufasa's head as he starts to form and speak a Hidden Mickey forms twice in the clouds. It comes up black then goes away and then reforms again.
- Look directly off of Simba's nose in the scene where Simba says to himself, 'It's all my fault.'
- The moon had a Mickey's ear cut out of it. Twice they showed this same moon in the movie.
- I saw a Mickey's head when Simba and Nala hug during 'Can you Feel The Love Tonight' you can find it just by looking to the right on Simba's mane. It is very visable
- Also a few more parts where stars are shown, it looks like stars outline a Mickey's head.
I found the Mickey head mentioned made out of three stars at the end, when Simba looks into clouds and see the stars (clearing up). This one is very small and it's sideways. The brighter star is the head.
The stars above Simba and Mufasa form a Hidden Mickey. It is in the scene where Simba and Mufasa are walking home from the Elephant Graveyard
Anyone got any theories/other HM's ???
Ps I DO NOT CLAIM CREDIT FOR FINDING THESE. THEY WERE SUBMITTED BY A NUMBER OF PEOPLE.