Here are some memorable quotes from Ice Age 2. The following quotes were obtained from the movie's Wikiquote page.
- [when a male anteater asked him when it was the last time he saw another mammoth] Mammoths can't go extinct! They're the biggest things on Earth!
- (referring to Ellie) Do you believe her? (imitating) "Bravery is just dumb. Maybe, you should run away more." She's infuriating and stuborn and narrowminded!
- We're gonna live! [Water rapidly rises around them] We're gonna die!
- [Cholly the Chalicotherium farts on him] Phew! Well, don't that put the "stink" in "extinction"?
- [singing] Stop, hey, what's that sound, all the mammoths are in the ground! (Parody of Buffalo Springfield's "For What It's Worth")
- [singing] If your species will continue, clap your hands.
- Hey, can you guys slow down a little? I'm dying here! [Vultures stare at him] It was just a figure of speech!
- [after an elaborate dance sequence with the mini-sloths which ends in him getting tied up] This is either really good or really bad.
- Yep, tomorrow's the day the scary vulture said we're all gonna die. [Immediately starts snoring]
- [After dodo bird gets fried by geyser] I just did something involuntary.... and messy.
- [After Manny suggests that Ellie's "tree" doesn't go "all the way to the top branch"] Manny, brink of extinction is a bad time to be picky.
- [After Manny threw him away while inside a tree; while referring to Manny] I think I'm starting to get through to him.
- [After he and Sid are humiliated by Crash and Eddie] If anyone asks, there were fifty of them. And they were... rattlesnakes.
- Then the hungry tiger ate the pesty little kids [roars]
- [To Sid] Congratulations. You're now an idiot in two languages.
- [after Sid ate some blueberries and licked on his claws] Hey, if you ever master hygiene, try working on sensitivity.
- (reffering to Ellie) She's not half bad. Crazy and confused but ... sweet.
- [repeated line; falls down after losing his acorn] Aaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh!
- [Mother condor towers over Scrat] Peep.
- It's the end of the world!
- You, ma'am. You look like a fat, hairy beast! How would like to lose a ton or two?
- [After Manny mentions he would sell his mother for a grape, due to his greediness] Are you making an offer? I MEAN NO, I would not!
Crash: [As Diego is about to bite Crash's head] You know the best part? We're carrying diseases!
Eddie: [To Diego] You want a piece of us? Let's go!
Eddie: Crash, Crash, don't leave me! Who's gonna watch my back? Who's gonna be my wingman of mayhem? Who's gonna roll in that dung patch with me?!
Crash: [awakening] Dung patch?! Wait! My legs... I can stand.
Eddie: He can stand!
Crash: I can run!
Eddie: He can run! It's a miracle!
Vulture: Do not leave your children unattended. All unattended children will be eaten.
Manny: [goes over to Crash, who is standing on a small tree] So what do you want me to do?
Crash: Pull back the tree and shoot me into the pond.
Manny: [looks from the tree to the pond] I don't know...
Crash: Well, if you're too lame to do it, we can get Ellie.
Manny: No, no. I can do it. I can do it. [pulls the tree back with his trunk]
Crash: Farther... farther...farther...
Manny: Have you done this before?
Crash: Ha! Only a million times. Farther... farther... farther... [Manny pulls it back so far that the end of the branch is resting on the ground] Perfect! FIRE!
[Manny let go off the tree; Crash goes soaring through the air]
Crash: Yeah! I can flyyyyy! [singing] I believe I can fly... [rams headfirst into an oak tree, and falls to the ground, unconcious, leaving behind an impression of himself in the trunk]
[Diego is seen panting, running from the water, holding onto Manny.]
Manny: Uh, Diego? Retract the claws please.
Diego: Oh... Right... Sorry.
Sid: You know, if I didn't know you better, Diego, I'd think you were afraid of the water. [chuckles until Diego grabs him by the throat] Okay, okay, good thing I know you better!
[Sid realizes Manny has found another mammoth]
Ellie: Wait a minute, I thought mammoths were extinct. [pause] What are you looking at me for?
Manny: I dunno, maybe because you're a mammoth?
Ellie: Me? Don't be ridiculous. I'm not a mammoth, I'm a possum!
Manny: Right, good one. I'm a newt. [points to Diego] This is my friend the badger. [points to Sid] And my other friend, the platypus.
Sid: Why've I gotta be the Platypus? Make him the Platypus! [points to Diego]
Crash: [Pointing to Manny] This guy givin' you trouble, Sis?!
Manny, Diego and Sid: [shocked] Sis?!?
Ellie: That's right. These are my brothers. Possum, possum, possum.
Manny: I don't think her tree goes all the way to the branch.
Manny: [referring to Ellie and her bizarre antics] So, you think she's the girl for me?
Sid: Oh, yeah. She's tons of fun, and you're no fun at all. She... completes you!
Ellie: [when she recognizes a familiar place] You know, deep down, I knew I was different. I was a little bigger than the other possum kids. Okay, a lot bigger. Oh. Now I understand why the possum boys didn't find me appealing.
Manny: Well, that's too bad. Because as far as mammoths go, you're uh ... you know ...
Manny: Well, uh ... attractive.
Ellie: What about me is attractive?
Manny: Well, uh, I dunno. That's your... butt.
Ellie: What about it?
Manny: It's... big?
Ellie: [sincerely] Oh, you're just saying that.
Manny: No really! It's huge! Biggest darn butt I've ever seen!
Ellie: Oh, that is really sweet! What a crazy day. This morning, I woke up a possum. And now, I'm a mammoth.
Sid: Maybe we could rapidly evolve into water creatures.
Diego: That's genius, Sid.
Sid: Call me "Squid".
[Sid and Diego are tangled up after trying catch Crash and Eddie]
Sid and Diego: Never!
Crash and Eddie: Cool!
[Crash and Eddie shoot out of their holes]
[Crash and Eddie rapidly shoot pepples out of the blow-dart shooters; Sid and Diego fall onto the ground]
Diego: If anyone asks, they were 50 of them, and they were... rattlesnakes.
[Crash and Eddie climb down a tree and taunt Diego]
Eddie: Here, kitty, kitty!
Diego: Big mistake, you miscreants!
Eddie: Miscreants? [starts laughing along with Crash]
Sid: Diego, they're possums.
[Crash and Eddie act like chickens until Diego runs after them]
Crash: Retreat! [hops into Eddie's arms and Eddie runs away]
Dung Beetle Dad: [rolling a ball of dung] Do we have to bring this crap? I'm sure there's crap where we're going!
Dung Beetle Mom: Ugh! That was a gift from my mother!
Sid: Manny, who do you like better, me or Diego?
Manny: Diego. It's not even close.
Diego: [smug] Heh, told ya.
Ellie: Manny! You can't choose between your kids!
Manny: He's not my kid. He's not even my dog. If I had a dog, and my dog had a kid, and that dog's kid had a pet, that would be Sid.
Sid: Can I have a dog, Manny?
Sid: Ellie, can I have a dog?
Ellie: Of course you can, sweetie.
Manny: Ellie, we have to be consistent with them.
Sid: Look! I opened my camp- Campo del Sid. That means 'Camp of Sid'.
Diego: Congratulations. You're now an idiot in two languages.
Sid: [tied up] This is either really good or really bad. [looks down to see a lava pit underneath him] No, no, no. Me fire-king. Why kill fire-king? A thousand years bad juju for killing fire-king!
Chief Sloth: Super-heated rock from the Earth's core is surging into the crust, melting ice built up over thousands of years.
Sid: You're a very advanced race. Together, we can look for a solution!
Chief Sloth: We have one: sacrifice the fire-king!
Sid: That's not very advanced.
Chief Sloth: Worth a shot!
Macrauchenia: Look, some idiot's going down the Eviscerator!
Manny: [to Diego; sighs] Please tell me it's not our idiot.
Sid: [on the top of a glacier] Okay! I'm gonna jump on the count of three! One... Two...
Manny: Sid! Don't move a muscle. We're coming up!
Crowd of animals: Jump! Jump! Jump!
Diego: [joining in] Jump! Jump! Jump! [Manny glares at him] Sorry.
Sid: [readies himself to jump off the Eviscerator] two and three-onethousandths, two and four-onethousandths...
Manny: Sid, what are you doing? Get down from there!
Sid: No way! I'll be the first to jump of the Eviscerator, and then you guys have to start showing me some respect!
Manny: If you jump off this, the only respect you're gonna get is respect for the dead!
Diego: Come on, Manny, he's not that stupid. [Sid is about to jump off the Eviscerator] But I have been wrong before.
[Ellie storms into the campsite]
Ellie: Okay, let's go! We traveled with you all day, now you're coming with us at night.
Manny: But we can't see at night.
Ellie: Then enjoy the flood.
Eddie: I can't even look at him!
Crash: Pervert! [makes the 'I'm watching you' gesture towards Manny]
Sid: [sarcastically] Makin' friends. Everywhere you go, just makin' friends.
[The herd is about to move]
Eddie: What if we're the last creatures left alive? We'll have to repopulate the earth!
Crash: How? Everyone's either a dude or our sister.
[Sid, Diego and the possum duo are fighting when they heard ice cracking]
Manny: Okay, thanks to Sid, we're now travelling together. And like it or not, we're gonna be one big, happy family! I'll be the daddy, Ellie will be the mommy and Diego will be the uncle who eats the kids who get on my nerves! Now let's move it before the ground fall out from under our feet! [walks away]
Ellie: I thought that fat guys are supposed to be jolly.
Manny: I'm not fat! It's this fur! It makes me look big! It's poofy!
Ellie: Well, okay. [to Crash and Eddie] He's fat.
[the herd is trying to hold balance]
Manny: [To Ellie] You just overreacted. That's all.
Crash: Take it back!
Eddie: There are many lives at stake here!
Sid: Wait a minute! He's got a point!
Crash: He's got nothing!
Sid: It was a misunderstanding!
Eddie: It was insensitive!
Manny: Why me?! She overreacted!
Diego: Just apologize!
Diego: Do it!
Ellie: OKAY! I'M SORRY!
Ellie: He's right. I overreacted!
Manny: You mean that...
Diego: Not another word or I'll come down there and push you over myself!