Animation Source Forums

=> Visit the Animation Source fansites!

Read the site rules!

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 125 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

What's your Favorite Balto Movie?
Balto 1 70%  70%  [ 102 ]
Balto 2 19%  19%  [ 27 ]
Balto 3 11%  11%  [ 16 ]
Total votes : 145
 Post subject: Re: Your Favorite Movie
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:04 pm 
Living here
Living here

BALTOTLK wrote:
i like balto 1 and 2. but balto 1 is my absolute favorite film. balto 2 is good even though i've never seen it , only seen the trailer , but i liked it. and balto 3 i would own , but i absolutely hated it , and would only watch it if i was board.

If you had actually watched Balto 2 then you might change your mind some what...

Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/BaltosVault
"Like" my page on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/BaltosVault

Http://fluke.theicecave.org

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:46 pm 
Living here
Living here

BALTOTLK wrote:
i like balto 1 and 2. but balto 1 is my absolute favorite film. balto 2 is good even though i've never seen it , only seen the trailer , but i liked it. and balto 3 i would own , but i absolutely hated it , and would only watch it if i was board.

* bored

And this makes no sense. You can't judge a movie JUST on the trailer. Seeing only very small snippets from a whole movie won't give you the same idea of what the movie's like/about unless you've seen all of it. See the whole movie THEN say which you like better.

-

And if you want to know why everyone hates the sequels, WATCH THEM. It should be obvious then to see why they're so bad, even more so to the (young) adult audience. I don't know how old your sister is, but I'd guess young. The older audiences can just look at the different styles of story and animation between the first movie and its sequels and know that 2 and 3 are terrible. I'm not saying so to be mean, but generally a younger audience sees flashy animation and talking dogs and it's insta-love. I was in that stage once myself, but watching them again when I was older it was like getting hit in the face with a brick.

.: sig is mine | avie is mine :.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:57 pm 
Famous one
Famous one

Roiffalo wrote:
BALTOTLK wrote:

* bored

And this makes no sense. You can't judge a movie JUST on the trailer. Seeing only very small snippets from a whole movie won't give you the same idea of what the movie's like/about unless you've seen all of it. See the whole movie THEN say which you like better.

-

And if you want to know why everyone hates the sequels, WATCH THEM. It should be obvious then to see why they're so bad, even more so to the (young) adult audience. I don't know how old your sister is, but I'd guess young. The older audiences can just look at the different styles of story and animation between the first movie and its sequels and know that 2 and 3 are terrible. I'm not saying so to be mean, but generally a younger audience sees flashy animation and talking dogs and it's insta-love. I was in that stage once myself, but watching them again when I was older it was like getting hit in the face with a brick.

And please...in the name of all that's sensible and decent in this world, correct your terrible grammar and lack of capitalization of the first-person singular pronoun. For the love of Pete...

Avatar of epicness, and awesome signature image, by MightyBalto1925!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:09 pm 
Living here
Living here

^ Yes, and this.

Did you know when I first joined, I actually never capitalized anything either? I thought it was 'cool', but in the end I realized it only made me look like an idiot. :lol:
Bad grammar is excusable if you're still learning, but to try to be correct anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:10 pm 
Living here
Living here

Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/BaltosVault
"Like" my page on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/BaltosVault

Http://fluke.theicecave.org

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:22 pm 
Famous one
Famous one

Roiffalo wrote:
^ Yes, and this.

Did you know when I first joined, I actually never capitalized anything either? I thought it was 'cool', but in the end I realized it only made me look like an idiot. :lol:
Bad grammar is excusable if you're still learning, but to try to be correct anyway.

Which is why I am so unforgiving of native English speakers who can't spell or construct a proper sentence. Because, for MOST of them, it has nothing whatsoever to do with the learning curve (unless they actually are total idiots :lol:)...for MOST of them it's a combination of exactly what motivated you once upon a time: "I thought it was 'cool';" and then just plain old laziness. Either laziness in that they "can't be bothered with caring because this is 'just the internet, and who really cares anyway?" or because they were too absorbed in gaming during class time, and then they definitely deserve the label "idiots".

:lol:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:08 pm 
Beginner
Beginner

I really liked the first and second Balto. The first just seemed really good, mainly the part when Balto sees the white wolf. I like the second because I am a big fan of Aleu and I think Balto and jenna have really cute pups.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:37 pm 
Animation Source is my home!

Quote:
shesh just give me a chance to watch this movie

No one is stoping you from watching it. They just told you not to judge a movie before you watch it. You can't really say that you like first movie the best if you never watched the other ones and just assume it from other's opinions.
For example way so many people say that Avengers or Hobbit were great. Well, I didn't like those movies that much. See, each person have a different opinion.

no one is being harsh, they are just beinng higlhy annoyed by your lack of grammar knowledge, especially that you are a native speaker. You are 14 and by your age you should know the basics. The basics of your own language that foreginers know in primary school... And when I was 14 I knew how to capitalize letters...
Just learn how o spell correctly dammit. It's your own language!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:27 pm 
Living here
Living here

BALTOTLK wrote:
ok you guys are kinda being harsh. so what my grammer stinks. it'll get better. at least i spell alot of things right. and have you ever thought that i also don't get alot of time on the computer ? as for the movies , balto 3 WAS horrible and my sister is 11 , therefor , she should be old enough. and as for balto 2. shesh just give me a chance to watch this movie , and then i'll reply with what i thought of it as i'm 14.

Not having a lot of computer time is a poor excuse. I don't often myself and I always try for proper grammar.

And, no, 11 is too young. 14 is too really. I'm talking about late teens is when people usually start to see such differences that I spoke of. Course I did say "usually", so this doesn't apply to all. Basically, it's growing up. But don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with being a kid still. However do try to act more mature when people try to give friendly advice please. It's really in your best interest and not meant to hurt you. And yes your grammar is a bit better in your last post. Keep trying to improve yourself though.

Another tip (off topic), try unticking the box "Disable BBCode" under your signature settings.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:28 am 
Famous one
Famous one

BALTOTLK wrote:
ok you guys are kinda being harsh.

No, we're really not. We're being realistic and expressing frustration with the poor excuses you have been giving, for this problem, for over a year now. "Computer time" is irrelevant. It's about paying attention in class and applying yourself to what is a ridiculously-easy concept for a native speaker. A kid HALF YOUR AGE knows that he or she ought to capitalize the beginning of a sentence (unless he or she's being lazy or making excuses...or trying to "be cool").

BALTOTLK wrote:
Don't think i can't read small print...

She said (and she's RIGHT):

Troll Berserker wrote:
no one is being harsh, they are just beinng higlhy annoyed by your lack of grammar knowledge, especially that you are a native speaker. You are 14 and by your age you should know the basics. The basics of your own language that foreginers know in primary school... And when I was 14 I knew how to capitalize letters...
Just learn how o spell correctly dammit. It's your own language!

---------------

BALTOTLK wrote:
And how's my grammar now ? better?

No.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:51 am 

Did y'all know that Monday was World Grammar Day? XD

Hidden text : click to show

Under this spoilertag, BALTOTLK, is a post that I made in another topic when I was 14 myself. I was your age, but I still used proper grammar. It's really not that hard.

Like has been said, "computer time" is completely irrelevant. For the past few days I've had less than an hour of time on the actual computer simply because my schedule's been so busy. Yet I still use proper grammar--seriously, it takes a fraction of a second to push that shift key and capitalize a letter. I've also been able to make posts from school via iPod, on which I have to deal with a tiny keyboard as well as the curse of auto-correct...yet I STILL use proper grammar.

Unless you are either a non-native speaker or have learning disabilities, you have NO excuse.

.oOo.
Do YOU want to make a good character?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 125 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next