Animation Source Forums

=> Visit the Animation Source fansites!

Read the site rules!

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 125 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

What's your Favorite Balto Movie?
Balto 1 70%  70%  [ 102 ]
Balto 2 19%  19%  [ 27 ]
Balto 3 11%  11%  [ 16 ]
Total votes : 145
 Post subject: Re: Your Favorite Movie
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:40 am 
Beginner
Beginner

NattiKay wrote:
Did y'all know that Monday was World Grammar Day? XD

No I did not. Yay for World Grammar Day! XD

Seriously, I didn't. I must have missed that one, although, we did have one of those Spelling, Punctuation and Grammar tests on Monday (or was that Tuesday? XD) so that was probably our fill for World Grammar day.

As for the topic, Balto 1 all the way. No need to explain, it's clear to say.

Pat- No honestly, you don't have to.
Dog- You shall be rewarded with a position in the royal cave, as Sam's servant.
Sam- Father!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:29 pm 
Beginner
Beginner

the one with Sakura

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:35 am 
Famous one
Famous one

Press the Button wrote:
the one with Sakura

There IS no "Sakura" character in ANY of the Balto movies. :roll: Where in the world did you pull that one out from?

Avatar of epicness, and awesome signature image, by MightyBalto1925!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:27 pm 
Newcomer
Newcomer

Balto 1

If I was asked the same question 4 years ago, I would have said Wolf Quest. Not 100% sure why, but for a while I was obsessed with Balto 2. Now I can't even bring myself to watch it again.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:07 am 
Newcomer
Newcomer

It's balto 2 i really love that movie even do many people hate it i actually like it alot more then i should have

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:12 am 
Supervisor
Supervisor

aaronthewolf436 wrote:
It's balto 2 i really love that movie even do many people hate it i actually like it alot more then i should have

Please try harder to avoid making confusing run-on sentences, and learn to write properly.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:03 pm 
Newcomer
Newcomer

Definitely Balto 1. I don't know.. The beginning of Balto 2 was okay, but my personal opinion is that it wasn't that great. The plot just didnt interest me; the voices were okay, but I wish they could've kept the original cast. There are some parts that are okay, but mostly just annoyed me a bit. (Wasn't that great, but wasn't just extremely bad
In my opinion)

Balto 3... Well, let me explain..

1. Stella (took away a lot of the film for a seemingly useless character with no purpose at all.. Well, I guess they just wanted to add on to the 'Wings of change' movie, by making him Boris' afraid of flying.

2. Oh noes! The dogs might lose their job to deliver mail! I almost died at the cliffhanger in the trailer. (Though they DO wanna be sled-dogs and everything, but the plot was really.. Meaningless.

3. The dogs wouldn't help Balto (not even Kodi, who his father helped HIM but he wouldnt help back.)find Duke because he tried to take their job away. They won and probably wouldn't have another race, but no, they didn't really care that he might be dead/dying. (Not a big deal, but just kind of ticked me off a bit.)

4. I know that I already have mentioned Stella annoyed me, but the song she sang was absolutely terrifying. I feel like it should've been on a horror movie. It would've made people jump right out of their seats.

5. If you think about it, most of the stuff that they added weren't funny and took time away from the movie,
Stella (I'm guessing took around 20 - 30 minutes, maybe more; The two Moose (5
Minutes), Muk and Luk.. They were funny-ish (sometimes stupid) in the first film, a bit annoying in the second, and in the third, I just wished they weren't in it.

Basically, here's the story: Sled-dogs get challenged for mail delivery, Dogs win, and they look for Duke... Yeah, Kodi and the other Sled-dogs decide to come back for Balto and help him, but that does not redeem them! Well, I guess Jenna helped Kodi come to realization. Besides the small parts where Balto isn't sure if he can meet his expectations by beating the Bush plane, there really wasn't that much to it.

Sorry if I made that too long~. I'll give a cookie to whoever read all of that though.

In order:
Balto 1
Balto 2
Balto 3. I guess it wouldn't go well if they made a fourth, unless they made it about Balto's past.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:15 pm 
Famous one
Famous one

Keelix wrote:
Balto 3... Well, let me explain..

1. Stella (took away a lot of the film for a seemingly useless character with no purpose at all.. Well, I guess they just wanted to add on to the 'Wings of change' movie, by making him Boris' afraid of flying.

"Useless character with no purpose at all"? No. Wrong. And here's why (the relevant section of this post): http://www.animationsource.org/board/post1483955.html#p1483955. Though I would admit the whole notion of making Boris afraid to fly was weak. But a love interest for the character? HARDLY useless or purposeless.

Keelix wrote:
2. Oh noes! The dogs might lose their job to deliver mail! I almost died at the cliffhanger in the trailer. (Though they DO wanna be sled-dogs and everything, but the plot was really.. Meaningless.

Wrong again. The plot and direction this movie took, as I have said on this site a hundred times, has completely plausible foundations in the actual history of Alaska, and Nome, during that time period. And if you were aware of Alaskan history, you would know this rather than jumping to conclusions with a presumptuous posting.

Keelix wrote:
4. I know that I already have mentioned Stella annoyed me, but the song she sang was absolutely terrifying. I feel like it should've been on a horror movie. It would've made people jump right out of their seats.

That's a rather ridiculous over-exaggeration. In fact, NONE of the musical aspects (any characters breaking into song) of the sequels was tolerable. But "terrifying"? Give me a break. :roll:

Keelix wrote:
5. If you think about it, most of the stuff that they added weren't funny and took time away from the movie, Stella (I'm guessing took around 20 - 30 minutes, maybe more; The two Moose (5
Minutes), Muk and Luk.. They were funny-ish (sometimes stupid) in the first film, a bit annoying in the second, and in the third, I just wished they weren't in it.

Not "weren't". "Wasn't" (and, to a certain extent, I happen to disagree with you). In any case, that is a matter of your personal opinion, and you should state it as such, rather than suggesting that everyone else should "think about it". In any case, what so many Balto movie fans seem to forget is that these three movies were produced for, and aimed at, children primarily. If you were expecting War & Peace or The English Patient or some such thing, you're bound to be disappointed...and deserve to be.

Keelix wrote:
Basically, here's the story: Sled-dogs get challenged for mail delivery, Dogs win, and they look for Duke... Yeah, Kodi and the other Sled-dogs decide to come back for Balto and help him, but that does not redeem them! Well, I guess Jenna helped Kodi come to realization. Besides the small parts where Balto isn't sure if he can meet his expectations by beating the Bush plane, there really wasn't that much to it.

Repetitious and superfluous. And totally unnecessary to add that. And, as I said after the last quote above, you apparently set your expectations and standards way too high for a freaking children's animated movie. Neither reasonable, nor realistic, nor even very smart.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:37 pm 
Newcomer
Newcomer

It was obvious that it was my opinion. I didn't really set my standards high, but I did find it a bit annoying. I never said that it wasn't based on Alaskan history, but it doesn't necessarily mean that they needed to make that particular event, though I guess it's relevant to the sequels. It wasn't just an awful movie, though my small review would show that I completely hate it. It wasn't just the most boring thing as one might have thought from my post. Yes, I do agree that I was over the top and I should've given it a lot more credit, since it was aimed at children. I do apologize for my un-professional review

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:38 pm 
Newcomer
Newcomer

And the bit about the song being terrifying was more of a joke. It was pretty annoying though.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:49 pm 
Famous one
Famous one

Keelix wrote:
It was obvious that it was my opinion.

Not when you say things like this:

"Meaningless..." (a presumption of fact)

"If you think about it..." (a solicitation to others to accept your viewpoint regardless of their own)

Keelix wrote:
I didn't really set my standards high.

Seems to me you did. You were extraordinarily scathing and denunciatory throughout your posting.

Keelix wrote:
I never said that it wasn't based on Alaskan history, but it doesn't necessarily mean that they needed to make that particular event, though I guess it's relevant to the sequels.

Then what was this?

"Oh noes! The dogs might lose their job to deliver mail! I almost died
at the cliffhanger in the trailer. (Though they DO wanna be sled-dogs and everything,
but the plot was really.. Meaningless."

In any case, I wonder how it "doesn't necessarily mean that they needed to make that particular event"? Why is the plot they chose such a problem for you?

Keelix wrote:
I do apologize for my un-professional review

Do try to be more thoughtful next time.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:58 pm 
Newcomer
Newcomer

Quote:
In any case, I wonder how it "doesn't necessarily mean that they needed to make that particular event"? Why is the plot they chose such a problem for you?

Well, I didn't really care for it, that's all. I mean other people might enjoy it.

Again, I do apologize for my ridiculous review. You are right, and I really should be more thoughtful next time I post. :)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:02 am 
Living here
Living here

BALTOTLK wrote:
Balto 1 and Balto 2. Really disliked Balto 3. :P

Have you actually seen Balto 2 yet?

Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/BaltosVault
"Like" my page on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/BaltosVault

Http://fluke.theicecave.org

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 125 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next