Animation Source Forums

=> Visit the Animation Source fansites!

Read the site rules!

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: What sort of NIMH critter would you be?
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 7:30 am 

Now here's a forum question I'm pretty sure is kosher with Animation Source.

What type of NIMH critter might you be, or choose to be, and why?

For me the answer is simple, and that I'd be a Norway rat much like Nicodemus, Justin and Jenner, captured by NIMH, and to follow along the rest of Nicodemus' quote, "Put in cages and submitted to various test to satisfy some curiosity..." In my own head-canon I'd come from a different batch than Nic, Justin or Jenner, yet be subjected to similar experiments from NIMH, and I've even mentioned this on other art sites I frequent, even if I have not yet written a fan fiction regarding these facts...

As to why I've chosen to be a NIMH rat? Well that question isn't as simple.. I suppose I could see myself as a NIMH mouse, similar to Ages and Jonathan, but my scampy personality seems better matched by a rat than a mouse, so a NIMH rat is what I'll be. And another factor for my choosing a rat over mouse would be the fact that I rather dislike the way many stories portray rats as being filthy, scheming, obnoxious and generally untrustworthy vermin... save perhaps for O'brien and Bluth's spin on the rat archetype with NIMH, hence I'd rather be a rat and try to show that we're not all that bad!

And finally why a NIMH rat and not a mouse? Well being a fan of another animated story regarding a bunch of heroic rodents (Rescue Rangers) Miss Gadget Hackwrench has the brainy inventor / aviatrix mouse schtick covered, and I can't compete with that, so instead I'll just be a space age NIMH rat with mastery of Space/Time that'd rival the good Doctor. :D

So yeah, what sort of NIMH critter would you be, and why?

Post subject: Re: What sort of NIMH critter would you be?
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 1:42 pm 
Famous one
Famous one

I've thought on this issue occasionally, and I always figured that, were I an animal character in the NIMH world, I would like to imagine myself either as one of the NIMH rats, or perhaps some native animal of Thorn Mountains National Forest. Not sure which, and I need to think some more on it. But it is an interesting thing to cogitate on...

...perhaps, after I give that some more thought, I'll post my ideas...

Avatar of epicness, and awesome signature image, by MightyBalto1925!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 4:08 pm 
Newcomer
Newcomer

I'd probably be a mouse. I'm really quiet when around other people.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:23 pm 

I'd probably be one of the mice who got left behind in the vents at NIMH. I always feel left behind in a lot of things haha.