Animation Source Forums

=> Visit the Animation Source fansites!

Read the site rules!

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: What are your favorite episodes from The Series
PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:30 pm 
Beginner
Beginner

I will say that I am a fan of the Series and I've even done a review of it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5UZB6_ZkN8

And with every TV show they have there best episodes, so I thought about listing my Top 10 favorite. Now this is not in any order and I am going to resons why I like them. It would be great if you can list some of yours too.

Sidekicked-I think this was one story idea that the creators knew that fans wanted to see. Putting Itchy & Killer was something that need to happen, since both of them have the same type of characteristics but are complete oppasites of each other, so its fun to see two characters that never see each other. This time around we get to see just the sidekicks and the episode is nothing but just them and with two guys like Dom DeLuise & Charles Nelson Reilly, that just spells out G-o-o-d
o-l-d f-a-s-i-o-n f-u-n

Kibbleland- Kibbleland is a little bit of a guilty pleasure for me becuase the concept is so wacky, puting the characters in a dog version of candyland :lol: . Thats not to say that the whole episode is completey silly, there a shot of a pig's head thats actually scary looking. But I like how its a morally set up for Charlie and how Belladonna & Anabelle have this God and the devil thing going since there looking down at the action. This is also a episode that is a good example that no matter the plot they can still fine the potential in a idea.

Mutts Ado About Nothing- This was an episode that had a genius set-up, have Charlie and Itchy switch bodys to stop fighting but also have them go on a double date with Bess and Sasha, its a idea that sounds funny before you even see anything. It was fun to see how Charlie and Itchy acted at one another and the whole thing just spelled out Situational comedy. Itchy telling his cat joke (in Charlie's body) was funny, even if no one said anything, making it more funny and this was a episode that was thinking outside the box.

Agent from F.I.D.O- Taking on James Bond and the whole spy genre, the show points out all the clichés and dose it in a tongue-in-cheek way. It seemed that every character was a perfect fit for there role and I would say that Sasha redefined the sexy russian accent. It's one of the best adventure story of the series and you can tell that the people that made this had a good time. Speaking of James Bond, its funny how Sheena easton reference her own song in a episode that has to do with spys.

Miss Guidance- We finally see Sasha go on a misson and the whole show is center around the old idea of "Boys vs. Girls". I think that this show was important for two resons, it was a good set-up for Sasha & Charlie's relationship to show how they should act for the other and to also show how boys or girls are not better then the other which is a good message for kids about gender. P.S. Sasha says "sexist" in this show! Who didn't call the FCC ? :shock:

Haunted Is as Haunted Does- Not one of the absolute best in the series, but I do give it credit for going into a story about ghosts. I thought it worked and felted like two shows in one, Casper meets All Dogs. This also is other show that has a scary image in it, the monster in this didn’t look that scary but the sound it made, I wonder how little kids who saw this the first time got over that.

The Perfect Dog-One of the few personal favorites of fans of the series. Now a lot like this one because it’s funny and some see it as the main Charlie & Sasha episode, now it is funny but as for me I see this as a vision of Charlie & Sasha’s relationship working out fine. I think the reason why the creators give them a off & on relationship is because people would find that more interesting. But clearly this episode shows that there still fun when there together and are at each other. Even when you like at other episodes with them, they are enjoyable & fun. So why they couldn’t make more shows that help there relationship and makes us happy….?

The Big Fetch- Yet again, another episode that is put in fan’s Top 10, even Top 3. The Big Fetch is great in every way for a few reasons, it had a idea that fit the characters and a story that is the base of All Dogs, its a story that really benefit’s the episode because it’s a story that has a lot of potential and because the creators did such a get job it makes the show’s pacing feel longer for a half-hour show, and the last thing is that it has a story that really got you hook from beginning to end. To also note, the story idea for this show was the original story idea for All Dogs Go To Heaven 1, so we got to see the original idea in a different way.

Bess and Itchy's Dog School Reunion- I like this episode since its one of the few shows that centers around itchy and also that its just a very down to earth story that doesn’t have to with anything magical. This might be the one episode that shows Itchy character best and it would be the last time we would see the likes of Bess. I just like it because I think its one of those moments that happens in everyone’s life, so it speaks vibes.

He Barked, She Barked-Out of every episode in the series, this one is my absolute favorite. Much like “The Big Fetch” every element is well thought-out, everybody get’s as much time as the next guy, it’s a mystery story that has you hook and it feels like so much is happing in the episode, showing the sign of good pacing again. It also has a lot of styles in it as well, the part where there telling there side of the story is hilarious, Carface doing the Snidely Whiplash thing has me on the floor every time I see it and Charlie side of the story was told in just ten seconds. There a lot of tension going on because we just don’t know what is going to happen to Charlie. We even get a music number by Sasha in the show. The episode just has so much going for it and you should see if you haven’t yet.

So those are my top 10 favorite, I would also like to say that I think that the first episode was a good opener for the series and that the show is one of the best of it’s type, plus it did a few different things that other shows didn’t do (Which I all talk about in my review).

Last edited by dpstq on Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:23 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject: Re: What are your favorite episodes from The Series
PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:01 am 
Advanced
Advanced

Agent from F.I.D.O. is definitely up there, simply due to the sheer number of bad James Bond puns that make it a hilarious episode.

He Barked, She Barked a great episode to wrap up with the series and it was rather creative, I was a bit confused about how Belladonna was able to get any leverage over Charlie though.

The Big Fetch I'm a sucker for Film-noir style anything so this episode was just great, with a twist ending no less!

I don't know what it was about the series that really made me dislike some of the episodes and really love others.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:11 pm 
Animation Source is my home!

My favorite episodes from the series are: The Rexx Files, Kibbleland, Mutts Ado About Nothing, Miss Guidance, Kibbleland, and Cyrano de Barkinac.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:09 pm 
Advanced
Advanced

Agreed with He Barked She Barked being at the top.

Huge fan of courtroom dramas on TV, and I love how hilariously the characters were depicted in the other characters stories (Kindface... heh).

The song was a catchy number too.

I liked "The Big Fetch", "The Perfect Dog", "Miss Guidance" as well. The episodes that had Sasha featured prominently in them rank amongst my favorites, she was underutilized in the series I think.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:41 am 

I can't remember many episodes, but I did enjoy La Doggie Vita, probably because it introduced Belladonna, whose among my favorite villains of all time and the closest the series really had to a main villain (of season 2 anyway). The series was pretty cool though and had lots of cool moments. Kibbleland, from what I remember, was pretty cool.

By the way, does anyone remember how many episodes Belladonna even appaeared in? I know she was in La Doggie Vita, Kibbleland, The Big Fetch, and He Barked, She Barked and was the main villain each time, but were those her only appearences?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:04 am 
Beginner
Beginner

i cant really tell i watched all of the series too and i think there all great too see.

Post subject: My favorite episode of All Dogs Go To Heaven the series
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:23 pm 
Young pup

My favorite episode of All Dogs Go To Heaven the series was Agent from FIDO.
I loved how Sasha looked with that Blue top, White Gloves, and Sunglasses.
She looked so hot, I created a Fanfic where she's wearing those clothes while using her new Elasticity and Shape - Shifting powers.
Attachment:
File comment: does she look hot or what
Sasha's Uniform.jpg
Sasha's Uniform.jpg [ 117.66 KiB | Viewed 1185 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:00 am 
Beginner
Beginner

what are my favorites episodes well ok here they are (in order from the series) mutts ado about nothing, the perfect dog, magical misery tour, the rexx files, heaven nose, trading collars, whacked to the future, and dr.beagle and mangy hide.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:33 am 
Beginner
Beginner

i've watched the series again and now i two more favorite episodes to add to my favorites list. they are the doggone truth and fearless fido.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:40 am 
Beginner
Beginner

My favorites would be He Barked She barked, Charlies Cat Astrophe, Field Trip, La Doggy Vita, Heavenly Nose, Dog Eat Dog, The Perfect Dog those are my favorites

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 8:53 am 

My favorite episodes were "Kibble Land" a parody version of the JUMANJI films where innocent victims playing the game get warped into the real thing and must try to survive and escape before being killed or destroyed so to speak. Kibble Land was just like that in many ways with Charlie, Itchy and Sasha defeating the game and escaping back to the real world safely, with Belladonna warning her twin sister-cousin "This isn't over, sister. I'll be back for a rematch" then vanishes as Annabelle says "Good work, Charles" smiles to herself and vanishes too.

The other episode "He Barked, She Barked" reminds me of the Judge Judy television series where the Chief (we never see who he really is) portrays Judge Judy Sheindlin going over the case with Charlie, Itchy, Sasha and Annabelle as the defendants and Belladonna, Carface and Killer as the plaintives.

Just wanted to let you know this, hope it cracks you up somewhat. By the way, I am "Space Ace" the character of the Don Bluth laser-disc animated videogame "SPACE ACE"