Animation Source Forums

=> Visit the Animation Source fansites!

Read the site rules!

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Watershippings? xD (Series)
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:32 pm 
Advanced
Advanced

Hey there.

FV up in here to ask opinions about the character shippings of Watership Down, mostly the series (Even more S3) since that's where most of the shipping's at.
Which ones do you love? Which ones do you hate? And which ones would you have liked to see happen? And anything else related to shipping can be talked about too.

ANYWAY
AS I WILL DEMONSTRATE,
this isn't just for canon ships. LET ME BEGIN...

"Battleshipping": Bigwig/Spartina
Not as big a fan. Whilst S3 Bigwig had something of a nice design(not a fan of his facial structure but it doesn't bother me), a nice lilac thing goin' on, Spartina was so boring to look at - in fact, she was NOT pretty, she had a camel face. Beyond that, though the colors complimented nicely, she was supposed to be very clever and whatnot, but found the idiot ball more than once and picked it right up. She probably should have known to listen when Granite warned her about not speaking to the prisoners. All the same, she seemed a pretty bland character and to be frank, not good enough in my mind for my favorite character. Granted the dynamic was decent... I just wish she had more to her.

"Autumnshipping:" Hazel/Primrose
Don't like it. Prim's manipulative. I don't like her. Hazel was a good guy who I honestly don't think deserved someone like her. There needed to be a Thethuthinang charrie for me to ship him with.

"Summershipping:" Hawkbit/Clover
When did this happen?? When Hawkbit decided there were no does left and he wanted one, and she was the only option. So... I don't really like the ship.

"Cross-shipping:" Blackberry/Campion
They had moments... cute ones. But to be honest, I don't like it as much as I liiiike....

"Fireshipping:" CAMPION/SPARTINA.
I shall gladly dance across into crackshipping now. This is my favorite with zero support, consisting solely of the line, "I'll stay and fight with you, Campion." But they looked good when she said it and she sounded good sayin' it. The best shipping ever.

With this merry thought, it's your turn. Shipping thoughts?

Post subject: Re: Watershippings? xD (Series)
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:46 am 
Newcomer
Newcomer

Not a big fan of BigwigxSpartina,like you.Spartina seemed too...well...Sharp xD Rough,battle like warrior who didn`t seem to have any romantic feelings for anybody.She looked too much like a weasel in my opinion.Bigwig needed somebody gentle (anybody else thinking INKBERRY?) and nice.Spartina-not perfect,but I have doubled feelings for them two.
HazelxPrimrose-He saw her once and fell in love.Whut?o.O They had nice moments,and I don`t mind this pairing.
HawkbitxClover-Seriously,when does Hawkbit look does? Their hmm...moments were funny sometimes,but I don`t know what to think.They could do better.
CampionxPrimrose-Just no.
CampionxBlackberry-I ship it because it`s the only one that makes some sense.But they fell in love way too quickly.Seriously,one look again?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:14 am 
Advanced
Advanced

I honestly don't think I'd mind Camp/Prim as much as you, if only because it did feel like he had feelings for her and there was time there for them to develop. But yeah, next to the Prim/Hazel moments and Blackberry/Campion moments, I don't think it'd be as nice a pairing.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:16 am 
Animation Source is my home!

I have a strange feelings that all pairings are so rushed. I dunno why, as TV series, they had many times to develop better love stories.

Official pairings:
HazelxPrimrose - I don't mind it but I don't necessarily like it.
CampionxBlackberry - The begining was really rushed. they saw each other once and suddenly they are deeply in love. But as it developed in 3rd season, I liked it.
BigwigxSpartina - I kinda like them, but I think Spartina has very boring and ugly design. And it's a bit shame that most of the love moments happened off-screen. If someone redesigned Sparina to be pretty and more rabbit-like than maybe it will be better xD
HawkbitxClover - Like everyone said... WHEN?! This pairing was pretty unecessary and random. The series could be good without this one.

Unofficial:
CampionxPrimrose - When I was watching 1-2 series, I thought Campion really had some feelings for Primrose. They showed to care a lot for each other, even in they were at opposite sides. even if I don't see them as a pairing anymore, i still consider those two to have a special bond

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:43 am 
Newcomer
Newcomer

Bigwig/Spartina
I like this pairing. Maybe, there isn't much romance, but well... both are warriors. They fit together.

Blackberry/Campion
As said before, the beginning was really rushed and imo only to make Campions "funeral" more dramatic. But in season 3, I really like the pairing. Especially, because Campion tries to hide from Blackberry in the beginning.

Clover/Hawkbit
Redundant, but not annoying. Of course, the question is: When did it happen? But there are some nice scenes in season 3 (Hawkbit and the voles :D)

Hazel/Primrose
Agree with Troll Berserker. I don't mind. It's not annoying and we got a nice junior owsla in season 3 (imo).

Heather/Moss
We know little about Heather and we see this couple not for long, but I think, both fit good together. I like the rivalry between Hawkbit and Dandelion for her.

Hickory/Marigold
I like this pairing. Both stand together, even in hard times. Both enjoy their live in freedom. OK, Hickory gets manipulated by Woundwort later, but he has no evil intentions (Hickory, I mean).

Kehaar/Gluck
Well, let's... forget this. We got some nice scenes with Gluck ("What's that terrible noise?" "That's the sound of true love!" "Then remind me to avoid true love." "That shouldn't be hard for you, Bigwig"). But I was glad, when they where gone.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:24 pm 
Advanced
Advanced

(It's Indi-rah, by the way, Darkling! ;) )

I for one didn't even see Gluck because I didn't watch the filler episodes. I didn't like Series-Kehaar so I hardly noticed him missing xD

But the Junior Owsla... Egh... Nah, I didn't like it too much but I understand why it was there. Relatable to the kiddies, I guess.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 3:15 am 

I skiped the filler episodes too, but I can say I dislike KehaarXGluck. Like all the filler characters, she was really unecessary and annoying.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:35 pm 
Advanced
Advanced

Indeed! There were plenty of characters I was not fond of for being useless. I mean, some of the "Canon foreigners" were great, but I'll pass 100% on those who had no notable effect on the plot. I don't know that I ever saw Gluck, but that lamb was uninteresting and only used to deliver the "different isn't bad" aesop(A good one, just... not original.)

ANYWAY. Crack pairings are always good fun too. Discuss?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:34 pm 
Beginner
Beginner

Although there are some things that seem a bit funny and/or typical about the pairings, to be honest I'm totally happy with them all. :)