Animation Source Forums

=> Visit the Animation Source fansites!

Read the site rules!

All times are UTC - 6 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Was Kevin Bacon embarrassed to play Balto?
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 1:33 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2016 3:40 am



Someone told me around '96 people would stop him on the streets about it and he was actually coerced into playing it.

That's a pity if he was. Balto is a great movie and the character is quiet but relatable to fellow shysters or just people who have identity problems. :)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Was Kevin Bacon embarrassed to play Balto?
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 8:22 am 
Offline
Famous one
Famous one
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2010 5:44 pm
Posts: 1948
Location: USA
Gender: Male
There is no point in listening to rumors and scuttlebutt until you have seen some official and verified statement from either Kevin Bacon himself, or someone connected with the production. There is absolutely no evidence of this, and nobody has ever mentioned it here (or anywhere else that I've ever seen) before.

If you believed every rumor that floats around concerning Hollywood and its many odd personalities, you wouldn't know which way was up.

_________________
Want to learn more about the real Balto, Togo, etc.? Please visit my website! (Click the image below)

Image

Avatar of epicness, and awesome signature image, by MightyBalto1925!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Was Kevin Bacon embarrassed to play Balto?
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 12:36 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2016 3:40 am
Okay :mrgreen:

Well, whoever they got to voice Balto in the second and third film didn't sound very excited. I guess maybe Kevin was voice Tremor 3...? I dunno.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Was Kevin Bacon embarrassed to play Balto?
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 9:26 am 
Offline
Famous one
Famous one
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2010 5:44 pm
Posts: 1948
Location: USA
Gender: Male
Frankly, Kevin Bacon is not known for emotional range in his voice acting. He's very deadpan. Almost as bad as Kevin Costner. I think Maurice LaMarche, who played Balto in both sequels, emoted better than Bacon did. Much better.

I don't know where you're getting this notion that Maurice LaMarche "didn't sound very excited". What was he supposed to be doing? Sounding ridiculously-giddy? That would have ruined it. LaMarche is a veteran voice actor. He knows how to emote with his voice, and make it sound realistic instead of cartoony (unless cartoony is the intent of a character he's playing. And cartoony definitely WASN'T what they wanted for Balto).

And what is "Tremor 3"? What are you talking about? If you are referring to "Tremors 3: Back To Perfection" the movie, then you'd be mistaken...no matter which "voice" you were referring to (and, since this was a live-action movie, I don't know why you'd be referring to a "voice"): http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0259685/fullcredits?ref_=tt_cl_sm#cast

_________________
Want to learn more about the real Balto, Togo, etc.? Please visit my website! (Click the image below)

Image

Avatar of epicness, and awesome signature image, by MightyBalto1925!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Was Kevin Bacon embarrassed to play Balto?
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 1:36 pm 
Offline
Animation Source is my home!
Animation Source is my home!
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2006 4:35 pm
Posts: 3694
Gender: Male
I've never understood his mindset toward that role. I guess his priorities are different, but personally I can't see anything I'd rather do than inspire the next generation (well, maybe one thing), and that's what Balto did.

_________________
Image
Image
Image
Sig and userbars created by Bastet :spiderman:
Body piercing saved my life
my-book-t30672.html Click here


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 12:06 am 
Offline
Living here
Living here
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2005 1:16 pm
Posts: 977
Location: United States
Gender: Male
BaltoSeppala wrote:
Frankly, Kevin Bacon is not known for emotional range in his voice acting. He's very deadpan. Almost as bad as Kevin Costner. I think Maurice LaMarche, who played Balto in both sequels, emoted better than Bacon did. Much better.

I don't know where you're getting this notion that Maurice LaMarche "didn't sound very excited". What was he supposed to be doing? Sounding ridiculously-giddy? That would have ruined it. LaMarche is a veteran voice actor. He knows how to emote with his voice, and make it sound realistic instead of cartoony (unless cartoony is the intent of a character he's playing. And cartoony definitely WASN'T what they wanted for Balto).

And what is "Tremor 3"? What are you talking about? If you are referring to "Tremors 3: Back To Perfection" the movie, then you'd be mistaken...no matter which "voice" you were referring to (and, since this was a live-action movie, I don't know why you'd be referring to a "voice"): http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0259685/fullcredits?ref_=tt_cl_sm#cast


Dont kill me old post is old I know I know. BUT I WILL SAY this is 100% on point with my own opinions about the casting throughout the entire trilogy. I agree completely and totally that LaMarche was WAY WAY better in this role than Kevin was and Kevin Bacon's one of my favorite actors of all time but just not in voiceover work.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:53 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 22, 2014 2:02 pm
Gender: Male
Gemini Syndrome wrote:
BaltoSeppala wrote:
Frankly, Kevin Bacon is not known for emotional range in his voice acting. He's very deadpan. Almost as bad as Kevin Costner. I think Maurice LaMarche, who played Balto in both sequels, emoted better than Bacon did. Much better.

I don't know where you're getting this notion that Maurice LaMarche "didn't sound very excited". What was he supposed to be doing? Sounding ridiculously-giddy? That would have ruined it. LaMarche is a veteran voice actor. He knows how to emote with his voice, and make it sound realistic instead of cartoony (unless cartoony is the intent of a character he's playing. And cartoony definitely WASN'T what they wanted for Balto).

And what is "Tremor 3"? What are you talking about? If you are referring to "Tremors 3: Back To Perfection" the movie, then you'd be mistaken...no matter which "voice" you were referring to (and, since this was a live-action movie, I don't know why you'd be referring to a "voice"): http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0259685/fullcredits?ref_=tt_cl_sm#cast


Dont kill me old post is old I know I know. BUT I WILL SAY this is 100% on point with my own opinions about the casting throughout the entire trilogy. I agree completely and totally that LaMarche was WAY WAY better in this role than Kevin was and Kevin Bacon's one of my favorite actors of all time but just not in voiceover work.

But only in live action.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Was Kevin Bacon embarrassed to play Balto?
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 5:23 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 23, 2016 7:46 pm
Gender: Male
We all know that the startalents are not very good idea for the interpretation of the voices of an animated movie characters, Although there are exceptions, Kevin Bacon is a good actor


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Was Kevin Bacon embarrassed to play Balto?
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:53 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 22, 2014 2:02 pm
Gender: Male



AlexKaltag92 wrote:
We all know that the startalents are not very good idea for the interpretation of the voices of an animated movie characters, Although there are exceptions, Kevin Bacon is a good actor

But not a good voice actor.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 

Advertisement


All times are UTC - 6 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2008 phpBB Group