Animation Source Forums

=> Visit the Animation Source fansites!

Read the site rules!

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: War Thunder does an April Fools TaleSpin....
PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 12:49 pm 
Beginner
Beginner

https://warthunder.com/en/news/7112-eve ... he-game-en

Quote:
The skies over Cape Somerset bay are restless again - opposing clans from the Republic of Air Pirates decided to find out who should be the master of the region of the magical Soaring Rocks. Become one of the dashing air corsairs in the epic battle between pirate squadrons! Prove your skills to the clan and get new, even more powerful aircraft!

To win a mission, destroy enemy planes or bomb the zeppelin mothership!

Sound familiar?

Post subject: Re: War Thunder does an April Fools TaleSpin....
PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 6:16 pm 
Beginner
Beginner

Somebody's obviously a TaleSpin fan. :)

Cape Somerset = Cape Suzette
Stalinia = Thembria
Sly Duck = Sea Duck

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 7:23 pm 

This was such a cool surprise (free to play, too), and so sad that it only lasted five days. I tried it out and played a handful of matches; pretty much got my tail-section handed to me, but I was thrilled with the concept and greatly appreciated the game devs paying homage to TS like this. They based all of the planes in this event on planes in the cartoon, with the starting plane being Daring Dan's stunt plane. Get enough kills, you unlock the next plane, which was pretty much the Thunderyak (which had a bear pilot! :D). That's only as far as I got in the game, but other planes are clearly identifiable as the pirates CT-37s, Karnage's tri-wing, and Khan's attack planes. The airships you shoot at definitely have some inspiration from the Iron Vulture, too.

And how awesome is the Sly Duck? I've got a new desktop background thanks to that site. I saw a lot of players didn't "get" what this was based off of, but also saw quite a few "hell yeah TaleSpin!" kind of comments.

I would've gotten more invested in the game if this event wasn't over so soon. I'm not holding my breath that it'll ever be back again, but I hope they do. For what it was worth, I'm grateful War Thunder did this.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 2:14 am 

I am a really big fan of TaleSpin. I still remember I used to watch this cartoon at my friend's house. Balu is my favorite character and I really love his driving skills. I used to wake up early in the morning to watch this cartoon. My parents won't allow me sometimes to watch this cartoon because of my pending assignments. But then I found out my problem solution on https://edubirdie.org/edubirdie-legit/ site after knowing they are legit. Because of them, I always completed my assignments in the given time which gives me a lot of time to watch TaleSpin.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 7:16 pm 

NicholasCDesrosiers wrote:
I am a really big fan of TaleSpin. I still remember I used to watch this cartoon at my friend's house. Balu is my favorite character and I really love his driving skills. I used to wake up early in the morning to watch this cartoon. My parents won't allow me sometimes to watch this cartoon because of my pending assignments. But then I found out my problem solution on https://edubirdie.org/edubirdie-legit/ site after knowing they are legit. Because of them, I always completed my assignments in the given time which gives me a lot of time to watch TaleSpin.

Lots of good memories too growing up watching the show and eating junk on my grandmother's couch after school. Thanks for sharing.