Animation Source Forums

=> Visit the Animation Source fansites!

Read the site rules!

All times are UTC - 6 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: VS Episodes
PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 7:19 pm 
Offline
Advanced
Advanced
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:53 pm
Posts: 208
Gender: Male



VS Episode List



Tentative list:
(All titles are just place holders until real titles are assigned.)
  • 2nd Pilot (4 episodes) - Baloo enters an air race to win money to buy back the Sea Duck and quit Higher for Hire. Meanwhile Rebecca invests a large sum of H4H's money with an investment firm, but all is not as it seems.
  • Mollyzilla - Molly (or Wildcat) becomes 50 feet tall due to a series of events possibly involving magic or one of Buzz's inventions... Needs more development, feel free to contribute ideas...
  • Return of the SkyRaker - With help from H4H, Lilly finds her father (who is alive) and the microfilm that contains the blueprints for the SkyRaker. Despite their best efforts, Khan and Kargage both find out about the plans and desperately want to acquire them for themselves. Baloo, Kit, Lilly and her father now must keep the plans from falling into the wrong hands lest it be turned into a weapon.
  • Broadcast Spigot - Spigot captures Broadcast Sally and holds her prisoner in Thembria causing Baloo and company to come to the rescue. However, while the rescue attempt is being mounted, Spigot finds that he likes having his own radio station. Unfortunately non-state radio is forbidden in Thembria, so Sally may not be the only one who needs to be saved.
  • Don Karnage the Ex-Pirate - Don Karnage possibly has a mid-life crisis and suddenly comes to regret his pirate ways. He even turns himself in to Cape Suzette authorities, saying he has changed and wants to repay society for his crimes. But has Karnage really changed...or is it all part of an elaborate scheme to get his air pirates into the city?
  • Rebecca the Apprentice - Rebecca convinces the H4H team to enter a "The Apprentice"-style competition for small businesses, but she is not happy when she finds out her old rival from business school is also in the competition. Rebecca's drive to beat her old rival lands the gang in deep trouble, and it's up to Baloo and the rest of them to save her from herself.
  • Wildcat and Clementine - Opus's idea... undeveloped at this point... Wildcat and Clementine from Citizen Khan get together... That's about all I know.
  • The Thembrian Playoffs - Cape Suzette has a baseball team, who signs H4H as their cargo service. Everything works out well...until the team is matched up against Thembria in the playoffs. Baloo and the Sea Duck end up in danger when the Thembrians try to cheat (and shoot) their way to victory!
  • Baloo the Manager - Rebecca loses her voice and cannot continue being H4H's manager because so much business is conducted on the phone. Left without another option, she lets Baloo temporarily take over as the manager of H4H while she flies the Sea Duck on deliveries with Kit. Over the course of the story, Rebecca and Baloo get a new respect for each other's jobs and each other.

The episodes and the order isn't set in stone, so feel free to make suggestions on both. A thread will eventually be created for each story as we get to them.

_________________
Check out the TaleSpin Virtual Season section of the TSS site for news and information about the project!


Last edited by 0x7B on Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: VS Episodes
PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 8:46 pm 
Offline
Animation Source is my home!
Animation Source is my home!
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 9:26 pm
Posts: 25329
Location: Making new friends
Gender: Male
Intresting ideas. But what about my idea with Jarrett and Griffith returning? You gave me the go ahead to make it and everything...

Also, sense most of the recurring villains we're using were in the series, would it be possible to make Griffith and reccuring villain? I mean more than just the two ideas we have? Reason being he seems like he could be a personal nemisis for Rebecca since his grudge is primarally against her for being the main one to ruin his con and, though my memory of the series isn't what it used to be, I don't think she actuelly had a personal nemsis through the series. Just a suggestion.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: VS Episodes
PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 9:09 pm 
Offline
Advanced
Advanced
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:53 pm
Posts: 208
Gender: Male
Godzillawolf wrote:
But what about my idea with Jarrett and Griffith returning? You gave me the go ahead to make it and everything...


Don't worry, we can still do it as part of the next VS. With only 13 episodes in this VS, I'd hate to rely so much on any one or two characters, especially non-canon characters.

Godzillawolf wrote:
would it be possible to make Griffith and reccuring villain? I mean more than just the two ideas we have? Reason being he seems like he could be a personal nemisis for Rebecca


Possibly... As long as his appearances are broken up by at least ten or twelve episodes. (I don't want to wear him out too soon.)

_________________
Check out the TaleSpin Virtual Season section of the TSS site for news and information about the project!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: VS Episodes
PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 9:34 pm 
Offline
Animation Source is my home!
Animation Source is my home!
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 9:26 pm
Posts: 25329
Location: Making new friends
Gender: Male
Sounds good to me. I'm fine with that. Though that'd mean we'd need a logical explaination for his surviving his second appearence.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: VS Episodes
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:13 pm 
Offline
Animation Source is my home!
Animation Source is my home!
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2004 2:14 am
Posts: 5763
Location: France
Gender: Male
That's a good list; although, as I stated in a earlier post, I think we would need more comedic episodes. What about the "Godzilla Wildcat" idea we talked about?

Quote:
Broadcast Spigot - Spigot captures Broadcast Sally and holds her prisoner in Thembria causing Baloo and company to come to the rescue. However, while the rescue attempt is being mounted, Spigot finds that he likes having his own radio station. Unfortunately non-state radio is forbidden in Thembria, so Sally may not be the only one who needs to be saved.

Did you discuss about this in details somewhere? I think there would need to be a VERY good reason for Baloo and co to rescue her. I mean, as much as Baloo cares for his friends, he's still a lazy bear who needs to be "involved" in the situation first before doing anything, and Broadcast Sally is hardly a "friend". But that would be an interesting episode.

Quote:
Rebecca the Apprentice - Rebecca convinces the H4H team to enter a "The Apprentice"-style competition for small businesses, but she is not happy when she finds out her old rival from business school is also in the competition. Rebecca's drive to beat her old rival lands the gang in deep trouble, and it's up to Baloo and the rest of them to save her from herself.

Good, I can really see that happening :lol: This would need some more development though, I guess.

Quote:
Don Karnage the Ex-Pirate - Don Karnage possibly has a mid-life crisis and suddenly comes to regret his pirate ways. He even turns himself in to Cape Suzette authorities, saying he has changed and wants to repay society for his crimes. But has Karnage really changed...or is it all part of an elaborate scheme to get his air pirates into the city?

Unless I'm mistaken, this is one of the fanfics from Ann29?

Quote:
Baloo the Manager - Rebecca loses her voice and cannot continue being H4H's manager because so much business is conducted on the phone. Left without another option, she lets Baloo temporarily take over as the manager of H4H while she flies the Sea Duck on deliveries with Kit. Over the course of the story, Rebecca and Baloo get a new respect for each other's jobs and each other.

Wow, that was based on my idea? Sounds great! Her losing her voice is something both credible and a hard handicap. And the fact they exchange their jobs would be something very interesting to see.

_________________
Webmaster of Animation Source, and more


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: VS Episodes
PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:07 pm 
Offline
Advanced
Advanced
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:53 pm
Posts: 208
Gender: Male
steet wrote:
I think we would need more comedic episodes. What about the "Godzilla Wildcat" idea we talked about?

Ok, that's fine with me. Sorry, I'm just partial to action-adventure oriented stories, but I do agree that there needs to be a variety of story types. Feel free to post the episodes/order that you would like. For now I'll go ahead and insert the giant Wildcat (or Molly or whoever we decide on) story in after the 2nd Pilot.

steet wrote:
Did you discuss about this in details somewhere?

Yes, in the ideas and brainstorming thread in the management section. Of course I didn't really have too many more details there either.

steet wrote:
I think there would need to be a VERY good reason for Baloo and co to rescue her. I mean, as much as Baloo cares for his friends, he's still a lazy bear who needs to be "involved" in the situation first before doing anything, and Broadcast Sally is hardly a "friend".

Maybe so, but this is a minor problem. A possible solution could be: Sally hires H4H to fly her and her radio equipment somewhere (that passes over Thembrian airspace) and they're forced to land in Thembria for a checkpoint or something. Sally's equipment is confiscated and she get arrested for trying to get it back (bribing a guard or something). Baloo thinks basically "Oh well, too bad for her" and is about to leave but Rebecca forces him to help her. (Rebecca could come with them for some reason that I haven't thought of yet...) Anyway, an episode like this could have a lot of potential for comedy because of the banter between Baloo and Sally, a well as elements of action adventure. These are just ideas off the top of my head, so obviously more development is needed.

steet wrote:
Good, I can really see that happening :lol: This would need some more development though, I guess.

Yes, but I don't think this would be that hard to develop. This seems like the kind of story that would practically write itself.

steet wrote:
Unless I'm mistaken, this is one of the fanfics from Ann29?

Yes, I noticed that too... The fic is For Better Of For Worse I believe. Maybe we could do a variation on it or something...

steet wrote:
Wow, that was based on my idea? Sounds great! Her losing her voice is something both credible and a hard handicap. And the fact they exchange their jobs would be something very interesting to see.

It looks like Ann beat us to this one as well...
"Trading Spaces: Two weeks after their wedding, Baloo and Rebecca are back to fighting, as usual. Can trading jobs for a day give them each a new respect for the other?"
Ok, so not exactly the same, but pretty similar... Maybe we should make a note of Ann's Fics so we'll know what stories have been done already...

Wow Ann, leave some for us! :lol:

_________________
Check out the TaleSpin Virtual Season section of the TSS site for news and information about the project!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: VS Episodes
PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:05 am 
Offline
Animation Source is my home!
Animation Source is my home!
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2004 2:14 am
Posts: 5763
Location: France
Gender: Male
I don't think the fact that some ideas were already used as fanfics is a problem. After all, we said at first that maybe we could use some fanfics to get the writing go more quickly.
However, if we're sticking with these ideas, whoever will write it should avoid reading Ann's fanfics - they may get developed in a totally different way, which could be interesting too :wink:

The current list is fine with me, of course I guess it will change a lot while the ideas get developed.

_________________
Webmaster of Animation Source, and more


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: VS Episodes
PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 7:53 pm 
Offline
Beginner
Beginner

Joined: Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:32 pm
Posts: 89
0x7B wrote:
Wow Ann, leave some for us! :lol:


Can do. I'm pretty much done with writing full-length fanfics due to work and health problems, though I do have a few more ideas that I might write out someday. We'll see. Maybe you guys will beat me to them. :)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: VS Episodes
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:06 am 
Offline
Advanced
Advanced
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:53 pm
Posts: 208
Gender: Male
Ann29 wrote:
I do have a few more ideas that I might write out someday. We'll see. Maybe you guys will beat me to them. :)

Maybe so... Also, I hope your health improves!

@JerRocks2day:

Have you had a chance to develop that "50 foot tall Molly and/or Wildcat" story anymore? It looks like we're writing it next.

_________________
Check out the TaleSpin Virtual Season section of the TSS site for news and information about the project!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: VS Episodes
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:59 am 
Offline
Beginner
Beginner

Joined: Sat Jun 06, 2009 12:39 pm
Posts: 118
Ann29 wrote:
0x7B wrote:
Wow Ann, leave some for us! :lol:


Can do. I'm pretty much done with writing full-length fanfics due to work and health problems, though I do have a few more ideas that I might write out someday. We'll see. Maybe you guys will beat me to them. :)



Best wishes ,Ann. I hope you get well soon.


I cannot think about ideas for the mollyzilla episode, but I'll post something when I have the time.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: VS Episodes
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:01 pm 
Offline
Animation Source is my home!
Animation Source is my home!
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 9:26 pm
Posts: 25329
Location: Making new friends
Gender: Male
I know we decided we don't want to over use him, but I seem to keep thinking of Griffith when I see the Apprentice episode idea. I mean I keep thinking it may help for him to be involved in some way, partly due to the busness aspect and partly due to it revolving around Rebecca and I invision him as a personal nemisis for her. I'm not thinking like a physical appearence, just maybe pulling the strings from behind the scenes and the characters never realize he did (like at the end it cuts to him in a jail cell being reported to somehow that it failed or something). Maybe not even be revealed in that episode, just that someone was, then in his next appearence its revealed he was behind it. I know this may not be what you're thinking, but I'm just thinking it may fit his character if done correctly.

If you don't think that works, perhaps Perry would make a possible villain for it, being he's also got a grudge on Rebecca and is a businessman. The reason I don't say go with Khan is he's not a complete sleesy villain, the second pilot shows at the very least he has a sense of honor in a way. Using an actual underhanded villain gives more possbilities to that particular type of plot.

About the 'Mollyzilla' episode, we could always do a reference to the ending of Honey I Blew Up the Kid, have Molly need to be calmed down by having Rebecca grown to giant size (proportionally the same size as she is normally to Molly), maybe to get her down from climbing a tall building and geting hurt.

I have an idea for ether the Don Karnage Ex-Pirate ep or another episode of its own, maybe have something like having Karnage somehow getting split into two versions of himself, a good one that is guility and wants to repay for his former deeds and a pure evil version of him that's far more dangerous and compatent and creates a way to get into the city with the Sky Pirates while the good one is trying to get redemption for his crimes. And in the end, the good one willingly recombines with the evil one to save Cape Suzette (basically he and the H4H crew realize that the normal Don Karnage is far better than a pure evil and extreme dangerous one). Would that work? Also, if something like that already happened in the series, I apologize.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: VS Episodes
PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:18 am 
Offline
Beginner
Beginner
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 12:46 pm
Posts: 114
Location: at Higher for Higher
Gender: Female
So some idol, magic stone, or machine splits his personality in half?

_________________
PrtyWatrPrincess


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: VS Episodes
PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:38 am 
Offline
Animation Source is my home!
Animation Source is my home!
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 9:26 pm
Posts: 25329
Location: Making new friends
Gender: Male
PrtyWatrPrincess wrote:
So some idol, magic stone, or machine splits his personality in half?


Yeah, pretty much. So then there'd be two of him, one the good aspects of him the other all his evil aspects with no good ones to balence him out.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: VS Episodes
PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:56 pm 
Offline
Advanced
Advanced
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:53 pm
Posts: 208
Gender: Male
Godzillawolf wrote:
I seem to keep thinking of Griffith when I see the Apprentice episode idea. I mean I keep thinking it may help for him to be involved in some way, partly due to the busness aspect and partly due to it revolving around Rebecca and I invision him as a personal nemisis for her.

I suppose we could use him in that episode... To tell you the truth, I'm not that crazy about Griffith. I think he's OK, but just OK. To me, he seems kinda generic and not very memorable. Maybe if he had some kind of defining characteristic... For instance, like the suggestion you made about Jarrett not bathing after winning a race... Something unique like that. (Fyi, I'm thinking of adding the 'Jarrett not bathing' thing to the 2nd pilot to better round out his character.)

Godzillawolf wrote:
About the 'Mollyzilla' episode, we could always do a reference to the ending of Honey I Blew Up the Kid, have Molly need to be calmed down by having Rebecca grown to giant size (proportionally the same size as she is normally to Molly), maybe to get her down from climbing a tall building and geting hurt.

That is a possibility, as long as it's different enough from the movie as to not seem like a rip off of the movie. (I know it probably won't, so I'm not really worried about it.)

Godzillawolf wrote:
I have an idea for ether the Don Karnage Ex-Pirate ep or another episode of its own, maybe have something like having Karnage somehow getting split into two versions of himself, a good one that is guility and wants to repay for his former deeds and a pure evil version of him that's far more dangerous and compatent and creates a way to get into the city with the Sky Pirates while the good one is trying to get redemption for his crimes.

I hate to say it because this is a good idea, but this is basically what happened on Darkwing Duck to create Nega Duck. While I won't rule out doing a story like this just yet, I definitely want to keep our options open on this.

_________________
Check out the TaleSpin Virtual Season section of the TSS site for news and information about the project!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: VS Episodes
PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:52 am 
Offline
Animation Source is my home!
Animation Source is my home!
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 9:26 pm
Posts: 25329
Location: Making new friends
Gender: Male



We could make a larger diffrence between Griffith's 'evil' real personality and the disguise personality he uses to trick people, like almost a split personality. And maybe something else, like a habit of cracking his neck or some wocky personality trait like being abcessive with some certain thing, like something he can't do anything else unless he has in order, like sense he's such a greedy man, he always has to finish counting money if he starts. Anyway, do you think Perry may make a better fit for that episode?

True, but isn't one of our entire episodes almost a copy of a plot from another show if I remember? I don't really see the connection between one specific 'evil twin' senero.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2008 phpBB Group