Animation Source Forums

=> Visit the Animation Source fansites!

Read the site rules!

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Unexplored romance storyline
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:18 pm 
Newcomer
Newcomer

I've been thinking of a storyline focusing on Prince Neverhas-Bin-Brok, the one-shot character from the episode "I only have ice for you."

The story will involve politics, drama, obvious upsides and surprising downsides to being royalty. From his only true appearance, he seemed to be like a very sunny but clearly eccentric man that pretty much lives like his namesake and can be assumed that he can have serious trouble in seeing life from the perspective of one that has to struggle and work hard to gain the lifestyle one wishes to live. It is also an inspiration of the musical and screenplay, "The King and I."

The plot is about a woman, Leena Roxen, a prominent and well-respected schoolteacher that has taught in third-world countries and impoverished nations. She has been contacted by a sickly king of a small nation to educate his big broad of children of the world beyond their home along with guiding the heir to the throne, Nevahas-Bin-Brok, on the right path to being a better ruler and a better person. However, the prince falls for her at first sight and begins to try to gain her affections by showering her with jewels, gold, and the finest clothes money can buy but none of these things interest Leena at all. She is very obvious to the prince's affections mistaking his actions of her being thankful for being in the palace to help his family and tries to teach him that money and material possessions is not the way to gaining one's true respect or admiration.

So far, the story is a one-sided romance.

Attachments:
scan0001.jpg
scan0001.jpg [ 243.48 KiB | Viewed 1775 times ]
 Post subject: Re: Unexplored romance storyline
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:15 am 
Advanced
Advanced

This is awesome idea - I've never seen any fic with the one - shot character :)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:28 am 
Advanced
Advanced

This'll creak me up! Plus it'll probably be forbidden love as Eastern royals (or any for that matter) have strict rules in place. Heck the British one just ended the Catholic ban.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:49 am 
Newcomer
Newcomer

Wait. It was forbidden for British royalty to marry a Catholic?! Wow.

But you do got a point, GroundAviator. The life of royals can be socially and even geographically restricted.

Did you know that French Queen Marie Anitonette never saw the sea in throughout her whole life of living?

The royal life may look plush and carefree on the outside but inside, its a completely different story.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:03 pm 
Advanced
Advanced

BBgirl626 wrote:
Wait. It was forbidden for British royalty to marry a Catholic?! Wow.

Just untill recently, it wasn't really thought much of as it hadn't happened (was largly forgotten) and only came up now when Kate (she isn't for the record) and Will tied the knot as one of the ruels and was removed a few months ago, all the commonwealth countrys agreed without a thought!

Quote:
But you do got a point, GroundAviator. The life of royals can be socially and even geographically restricted.

You should watch "The Kings Speech".

Quote:
Did you know that French Queen Marie Anitonette never saw the sea in throughout her whole life of living?

Not suprised, been too Paris and it's far from the coast.

Quote:
The royal life may look plush and carefree on the outside but inside, its a completely different story.

Yep, my grandmother knew Indian royality in the 20/30's and it was all like that.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:29 am 
Newcomer
Newcomer

Ora....In response to what you said about one-shot characters, I DID write about one of them once (As the father of one of my major characters but I can't say who. Spoilers!!!!), but I don't want to elaborate beyond that ;)