Animation Source Forums

=> Visit the Animation Source fansites!

Read the site rules!

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: TS Role Play: A New Life
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:27 pm 
Animation Source is my home!

"You're going to see that soon enough." replied Baloo, annoyed.
A few moments later, the Sea Duck landed at Higher for Hire.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:47 pm 
Newcomer
Newcomer

Baloo hopped out to secure it to the dock, then he and Kit started to slowly make their way into Higher For Hire. Baloo reached for the door and paused for a moment as if gathering his strength, then finally pushed the door open and walked in. Kit followed him inside, preparing for the inevitable firestorm. Rebecca was busy at her desk in the office, hammering away at an adding machine. Molly was playing quietly in the corner, trying her best to let her mother work without interruption.

Baloo stopped in the middle of the office, a good ten feet from the desk and addressed Rebecca.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:46 pm 

Baloo : "Hey, Becky! Err...We're a bit..."

Before Baloo could continue, Rebecca interrupted :

"Late! FOUR hours late!!!"

Baloo : "Well...only three and a half actually..."

Rebecca : "Whatever! What IS your excuse this time? Hurricane? Air pirates? A storm?"

Baloo is taken off-guard and wonders how she could have guessed his answer before he could even say it : "But there really was a storm this time, I tell ya! We had to make a large detour to..."

Rebecca started to yell : "WRONG! The weather was perfectly fine all day! I thought even you wouldn't be dumb enough to give such a dumb excuse, but I guess I underestimated you! This is ENOUGH!!!"

Noticing Molly and Kit staring at her, with a worried look, she lowered the tone.

Rebecca : "You see, Baloo...I made Louie admit that you were there for lunch the first time."

Baloo : "Uh, the *first* time?"

Rebecca : "Yes!!! There's no use to saying the opposite." Taking a deep breath, she added : "Being late is one thing I'm willing to tolerate. But lying to me? I REFUSE to accept that".

Baloo : "I wouldn't have to LIE to you if you weren't working me too hard! But no! All you care is money and money! You don't know the slightest thing about the difficulties of being pilot!"

Rebecca : "And you have no idea how to run a business! You're my employee! I'm doing my job and you're supposed to do yours! If I were listening to you, Higher for Hire would already have closed ages ago! If you keep on being so lazy and unreliable, this is what will happen!"

Baloo : "And why should *I* care?"

Rebecca : "Should I remind you that we might end up losing the Sea Duck as well? Talking about this...I have taken a decision. From now on, I will raise the price of the Sea Duck $50 every time you're late for a delivery."

This had the effect to make Baloo furious : "Oooh, great. Just when I thought you couldn't make this harder."

Rebecca : "Be glad that I'm not firing you!"

Baloo : "Well OK. I promise you, I will never be late for deliveries again - not because of this, but just to prove you wrong."

Rebecca : "Fine. Then I guess this discussion is over." She gathered her things, and prepared to leave to her apartment for the night.
Molly asked : "Mom, can I stay at Higher for Hire for the night, so I can play with Kit? Pretty please? "
Rebecca : "I'm sorry sweetheart. But I just can't leave you with these irresponsible two."
With that, she stormed off, taking Molly with her.

Baloo sighed "Yeah, yeah." while leaving the room to go upstairs and take a rest. "That gal...Argh! And me doing so much efforts for her...business."

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:12 pm 
Newcomer
Newcomer

Kit stood and walked towards the stairs. "Whoa! Where ya going, little britches? Don't ya want to play cards or checkers or something before we hit the hay?" Baloo asked.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:45 pm 

Kit looking tired, only answered "Nah...I'll pass." before starting to go upstairs.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:30 pm 
Newcomer
Newcomer

Baloo," Good night, Kit."

Kit went upstairs, leaving Baloo alone in the office.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:54 pm 

Baloo stayed up for a while, thinking again about what happened.
He couldn't tell whether he was more annoyed of the disrepectful way Rebecca treated him, or because, somewhere deep inside him, he knew she was (slightly) right and just couldn't accept it...
An half hour later, he finally decided to move upstairs and call it a night.

The next morning, while still deeply dreaming about sleeping on a delightful island with pretty girls around, he was suddenly interrupted by Rebecca calling - no, yelling - his name.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:08 pm 
Newcomer
Newcomer

"Alright, alright, I'm coming!" Baloo griped. He wondered what delivery scheme she'd cooked up this time as he got up out of the bed and made his way down the stairs.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:24 am 
Newcomer
Newcomer

Since I got invited and we're taking off, I will attempt to do Rebecca and Wild Cat.

Standing impatiently in the office, Rebecca Cunningham angrily tapped her foot against the wooden floorboard. She was tired and irritable, clutching a small dossier of papers in one hand and curling the other into a fist against her hips. As Baloo trundled down the stairs, she crossed her arms and stopped tapping. Even when taking his place next to Kit, Rebecca continued a hard eyed stare out blood-shot eyes until she was satisfied all attentions were upon her.

"You have six stops to make in the course of seven and a half hours."

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:27 pm 

"Six st..." Baloo stopped before she could hear. "This time, Becky's really gone bonkers." he thought.

Saying out loud : "OK...So where are we headed this time?"

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:42 pm 
Newcomer
Newcomer

Rebecca inhaled deeply and tapped on the Dossier.

"You take off in 10 minutes with 12 crates of pitch. Deliver these to the Annabar Whaling Outpost. Annabar has 48 drums of whale oil that need to go to Prannama City which is pratically next door. At Prannama, you take on 40 boxes of fresh apricots which must be delivered to Nekked Jays' here in Cape Suzzette by 1130. You get a half hour to take lunch in the city before you must return here and pick up 8 large crates of Showoffinous Crystal Glasswear. You take that to Herdy Gerdy in Spittoon province where 12 alpacas await transport to Struddel, an hour away. Once in Struddel, I have arranged for you to pick up 57 bolts of Angora as well as raw wool and Emu feathers. This last delivery from Struddel is bound for Hoot N Annies Haberdashery in downtown Cape Suzzette. The business closes at 5 o'clock which means you cannot be any later to their door than 4:30."

Rebecca stepped forward and gave the Dossier to Kit who took it under his arm.

"I have also taken the liberty of informing Thembria of your flyover between Herdy Gerdy and Struddel. You have a permit pending in Herdy Gerdy so pick it up when you land and have it ready for their air patrols. Additionally," Rebecca said as she began to slowly approach Baloo, "I have checked in with every radio broadband weather outpost stationed in all of your stops. No one is reporting the possibility of storms, pirates or anything else that could ruin your deliveries."

Then, seldom as angrily as she did now, Rebecca stuck out her index finger and jabbed it toward Baloos face, "This means that outside of the perfect disaster, there is NO WAY you can worm your way out of being late with these deliveries!"

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:03 pm 

"Heeeyy! No need to get so worked up, lady. We'll do it, and on time! Right, Kit?"

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:44 pm 
Newcomer
Newcomer

"Right. Whatever you say," Kit said.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:27 pm 
Newcomer
Newcomer

"Good," quipped Rebecca. She turned about and sat down at her desk.
"Wildcat should be done loading that pitch onto the Seaduck. Good luck with your run."
Rebecca then took a document from her inbox and poured over the figures, ignoring Kit and Baloo as they left the office.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 3:58 pm 
Young pup

This is very good. I'll tell all my friends to check this out if thats ok with you. Keep the good work up.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next