Animation Source Forums

=> Visit the Animation Source fansites!

Read the site rules!

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Time Travel?
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:58 am 
Beginner
Beginner

What do you think of the idea of bringing up Time Travel in Talespin? For instance, what say Professor Buzz invents a time machine, out of an aircraft and call it 'the Time Plane.'? Or do you think topics such as Time Travel should be avoided in the universe of Talespin?

*The Time Plane concept was originally used in the original story of Trouble Shooters, before I started reworking the concept and story on that. And it was suppose to be the Conwing L16[aka Sea Duck], modified by Professor Bumble.

Post subject: Re: Time Travel?
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:06 pm 
Animation Source is my home!

I think it would fit with the series. Not all episodes are realistic, and that could be interesting to see.
Once again...another idea that needs development. (sorry, I'm not really helping there...)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:33 pm 
Beginner
Beginner

The time travel idea worked for me in "No Time Like the Present". Of course, that was a time traveling watch, not a plane, so it would be different.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:43 pm 
Beginner
Beginner

I was thinking that the speed should be 88 miles per hour, like BTTF. Also, clock hands would replace the propellors, a possibility.

I had a thought, but I'm not sure if it's a good idea, if Baloo went back in time [back to the Plunder and Lightning days], to prevent his Delivery Service turning into H4H, and to stop Becky from acquiring the Sea Duck, only to flop at every chance he has, as the events themselves play out.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:18 am 
Beginner
Beginner

This would only prove to Baloo that FATE had brought them together! {Dramatic music in the background}

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:27 pm 

JerRocks2day wrote:
I was thinking that the speed should be 88 miles per hour, like BTTF. Also, clock hands would replace the propellors, a possibility.

I had a thought, but I'm not sure if it's a good idea, if Baloo went back in time [back to the Plunder and Lightning days], to prevent his Delivery Service turning into H4H, and to stop Becky from acquiring the Sea Duck, only to flop at every chance he has, as the events themselves play out.

Actually, I think it'd be a better episode to have him succeed and when he returns to the future, it turns out that, because that never happened, something like Don Karnage winning and having his way with the city because he wasn't there to stop him (since his business was successful) and that his life, while successful, is boring and monotonious, as well as Kit and him having never met. So he ultimately goes back in time and returns everything to normal.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:54 pm 

Quote:
Actually, I think it'd be a better episode to have him succeed and when he returns to the future, it turns out that, because that never happened, something like Don Karnage winning and having his way with the city because he wasn't there to stop him (since his business was successful) and that his life, while successful, is boring and monotonious, as well as Kit and him having never met. So he ultimately goes back in time and returns everything to normal.

I have to agree. Sure, it's not like this idea hasn't been done before, but that would be very interesting to see character-wise.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:30 pm 

Yeah, though I think things would progess, he's no longer in CS and doesn't know what happened there (he knows about the time travel though), first he finds Kit isn't in his life anymore and it's overall boring. Then he returns to CS, not knowing what happened, only to find Karnage and his pirates are running rampant in the city (probably the military would be long since gone), that everyone, even Khan (who in this future would likely have lost everything) are miseriable. But probably the kicker would be seeing Rebecca and Molly's lives in shambles and Kit probably still with the pirates (or worse, depending on how dark we're willing to go).

Only thing is how to play with this, does he defeat Karnage in this alternate present and save CS before fixing the past or does he just go back to stop it from ever happening in the first place? As to why he'd do that first is maybe a scientificly orinanted character would explain even if he changed the past, the future would merely exist in a seperate timeline. The reason for this is Baloo would ultimately HAVE to atone for what he did instead of getting off easy simply by pressing the reset button. This would be even more effective if he had a particularally selfish motivation for returning to the past (Rebecca getting on his nerves, getting fed up with his pay, something that fits Baloo but is still a big enough cause to warrent this). It'd also make it that much more emotional when he returns to the true present and apologizes to the others for how he acted, some mild comedy stimming from the fact they don't know what he's witnessed.

What I would like about this is it'd give us a chance to do a more dark episode, every series has some, that's a fact, with a strong moral, be careful what you wish for and don't belittle what you have.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:54 pm 
Newcomer
Newcomer

I would love to see a time travel episode on TaleSpin.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:29 pm 
Beginner
Beginner

Great idea!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:14 am 

Me and JerRocks2Day fleshed out the idea in PMs, here's what we ended up with.

Part 1

- Baloo and Rebecca open having a fight, which apparently has been a frequent occurrence recently.
- Baloo is severely frustrated and wishes he’d never lost his business to Rebecca right in front of her and Molly, then storms out, Kit following to try and calm him down.
- Baloo discovers that Professor Buzz has built a time plane and is looking for a pilot for the first real trial run.
- Baloo ponders the idea of going back and preventing him from losing his business to Rebecca, just to see what its like.
- Kit doesn’t like the idea, but Baloo convinces him it’ll work out ok because if they don’t like the result, they just go back and stop it from happening, it’s time travel after all.
- Baloo applies and manages to get the test pilot job and goes back prior to the events of Plunder and Lightning and prevents himself from losing his business to Rebecca and also has his past self attempt to cash in on the stone along with Kit, seemingly averting the events of the episode and H4H being created.
- Baloo, satisfied with the result, leaves back to the future, but not noticing that his past self used the money from the stone to move his business to a better location away from CS, and that his actions in the past resulted in Don Karnage getting the stone.
- Baloo returns to the future to discover he now lives in another, bigger city and is very successful, but Kit had returned to CS due to Baloo’s alternate self getting caught up in the business.
- Baloo finds his new, successful life boring and misses Kit, but decides to head back to CS to see how the other’s lives ended up.
- Upon arrival, Baloo discovers, to his horror, CS is now a near ghost town with the Sky Pirates running rampant, the military having been unable to stop them when they finally attacked without Baloo’s help.

Part 2

- Baloo, unable to leave due to needing to hide out from Karnage’s pirates, finds Rebecca and Molly living on the streets in poverty along with Wildcat and that even Khan is left with almost nothing, as the Sky Pirate’s activities killed his company.
- Baloo is further horrified to find Kit’s fate in this alternate timeline is even worse (as to what, we need to decide, maybe he is held captive by Karnage, maybe its implied he died trying to help stop them).
- Baloo decides to return to the past and change it back, only to find from an alternate version of Buzz that this timeline has been created and will exist regardless of changes to the past now, all Baloo would do is return to the original timeline.
- Unable to leave things as they are, Baloo decides to liberate CS from Karnage’s grasp and convinces his friends to help him do so.
- Baloo manages to rally the remaing residents of CS to stand up to Karnage and Baloo manages to make his way to Karnage in the dogfight.
- To Baloo’s shock, even Karnage is miserable, as with no one to challenge him and having finally reached CS and had his way, Karnage is left completely bored and is actually glad Baloo rose up a challenge.
- Karnage’s ship is ultimately shot down it its own lightning gun and Karnage and his pirates are arrested (I know that never happens in the real timeline, but we never see this timeline again, so might as well tie up the loose ends).
- Baloo, having control over his company, donates a large sum of money to rebuilding CS and gives Rebecca the means to open H4H. Taking pity on Khan, he makes him a high ranking member of his company.
- Baloo, having tied up the loose ends, uses the time plane to travel back in time and ensure he loses his company to Rebecca and everything continues as before.
- Baloo returns back to the present and tells Kit he was right, and that he shouldn’t have tried changing the past
- Baloo returns to H4H and apologizes to Rebecca, apologizing for how he acted earlier and telling her his life would be miserable if she’d never bought his business, and the Sea Duck.
- The episode ends with Baloo land Rebecca making amends, then realizing Wildcat was gone, Rebecca saying he went to go take up a test pilot job with Buzz.
- Scene ends with Wildcat doing another test flight of the time plane, ending up in the dinosaur age. Ending the episode on a comical note.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:35 pm 

Quote:
- Baloo and Rebecca open having a fight, which apparently has been a frequent occurrence recently.

I would like to know the exact reasons :P It must really be important to make Baloo THAT upset.

Quote:
- Baloo is severely frustrated and wishes he’d never lost his business to Rebecca right in front of her and Molly, then storms out, Kit following to try and calm him down.

Emotion filled, good!

Quote:
Baloo discovers that Professor Buzz has built a time plane and is looking for a pilot for the first real trial run.

It's strange to see how so many recent fanfics have been using Buzz...Then again he's an inventor so that opens to a lot of potential stories. And the only secondary character to appear in more than one episode.
But isn't Buzz working for Shere Khan? Remember "Baloo Thunder", I'm not sure SK would allow that.

Quote:
Baloo ponders the idea of going back and preventing him from losing his business to Rebecca, just to see what its like.
- Kit doesn’t like the idea, but Baloo convinces him it’ll work out ok because if they don’t like the result, they just go back and stop it from happening, it’s time travel after all.

Kit would NEVER agree to that. He would know too much that it would mean him not meeting Baloo, not being saved by him, not meeting his "new family" and everything.
There's no way Baloo would convince him. But maybe if he did that without telling Kit...

Quote:
Baloo applies and manages to get the test pilot job and goes back prior to the events of Plunder and Lightning and prevents himself from losing his business to Rebecca and also has his past self attempt to cash in on the stone along with Kit, seemingly averting the events of the episode and H4H being created.

How does that work? Can he speak to "himself"? (that could be funny)

Quote:
Baloo, satisfied with the result, leaves back to the future, but not noticing that his past self used the money from the stone to move his business to a better location away from CS, and that his actions in the past resulted in Don Karnage getting the stone.

Baloo returns to the future to discover he now lives in another, bigger city and is very successful, but Kit had returned to CS due to Baloo’s alternate self getting caught up in the business.

OK...That means Kit DID meet Baloo in this alternate future? Confusing.

Quote:
Baloo finds his new, successful life boring and misses Kit, but decides to head back to CS to see how the other’s lives ended up.

Upon arrival, Baloo discovers, to his horror, CS is now a near ghost town with the Sky Pirates running rampant, the military having been unable to stop them when they finally attacked without Baloo’s help.

Ok. But did the Air Pirates really stop with Cape Suzette then? Wouldn't they have done the same to other cities? Why would they still be there?

Quote:
Baloo, unable to leave due to needing to hide out from Karnage’s pirates, finds Rebecca and Molly living on the streets in poverty along with Wildcat

Believable...

Quote:
and that even Khan is left with almost nothing, as the Sky Pirate’s activities killed his company.

UN believable. Khan is way too clever to be ruined like that, besides I think his company reaches beyond just Cape Suzette. (I always assumed that it was worldwide)

Quote:
Baloo is further horrified to find Kit’s fate in this alternate timeline is even worse (as to what, we need to decide, maybe he is held captive by Karnage, maybe its implied he died trying to help stop them).

I may have an idea on how to do this. Why not just make it that Baloo CANT find Kit anywhere? Just like he had disappeared from earth. After all, that's probably what would happen (he doesn't have any friends, no family, and apart maybe from the air pirates, no one would remember him or could even tell where he's gone) That way you don't have to solve that issue, and that leaves a little mystery. The simple fact of Baloo getting all alone, in a very dark CS, should be enough "misery"...

Quote:
Baloo decides to return to the past and change it back, only to find from an alternate version of Buzz that this timeline has been created and will exist regardless of changes to the past now, all Baloo would do is return to the original timeline.

Why not.

Quote:
Unable to leave things as they are, Baloo decides to liberate CS from Karnage’s grasp and convinces his friends to help him do so.

Friends? He hasn't met any of them in this alternate world. They're hardly friends. I think he would have to do that on his own...Or maybe some help from Khan. But he would be hard to convince.

Quote:
To Baloo’s shock, even Karnage is miserable, as with no one to challenge him and having finally reached CS and had his way, Karnage is left completely bored and is actually glad Baloo rose up a challenge.

Karnage’s ship is ultimately shot down it its own lightning gun and Karnage and his pirates are arrested (I know that never happens in the real timeline, but we never see this timeline again, so might as well tie up the loose ends).

Why not...

Quote:
- Baloo, having control over his company, donates a large sum of money to rebuilding CS and gives Rebecca the means to open H4H. Taking pity on Khan, he makes him a high ranking member of his company.
- Baloo, having tied up the loose ends, uses the time plane to travel back in time and ensure he loses his company to Rebecca and everything continues as before.

OK (though predictable)

Quote:
Baloo returns back to the present and tells Kit he was right, and that he shouldn’t have tried changing the past
- Baloo returns to H4H and apologizes to Rebecca, apologizing for how he acted earlier and telling her his life would be miserable if she’d never bought his business, and the Sea Duck.

Mmm. I think that if he would explain the whole thing to Becky, she would NEVER believe any of it. But she would be glad of his change of mind anyway :wink:

Quote:
The episode ends with Baloo land Rebecca making amends, then realizing Wildcat was gone, Rebecca saying he went to go take up a test pilot job with Buzz.
- Scene ends with Wildcat doing another test flight of the time plane, ending up in the dinosaur age. Ending the episode on a comical note.

Hey, why not!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:46 pm 

steet wrote:
Quote:

I would like to know the exact reasons :P It must really be important to make Baloo THAT upset.

Quote:

Emotion filled, good!

Quote:
Baloo discovers that Professor Buzz has built a time plane and is looking for a pilot for the first real trial run.

It's strange to see how so many recent fanfics have been using Buzz...Then again he's an inventor so that opens to a lot of potential stories. And the only secondary character to appear in more than one episode.
But isn't Buzz working for Shere Khan? Remember "Baloo Thunder", I'm not sure SK would allow that.

Quote:
Baloo ponders the idea of going back and preventing him from losing his business to Rebecca, just to see what its like.

Kit would NEVER agree to that. He would know too much that it would mean him not meeting Baloo, not being saved by him, not meeting his "new family" and everything.
There's no way Baloo would convince him. But maybe if he did that without telling Kit...

Quote:
Baloo applies and manages to get the test pilot job and goes back prior to the events of Plunder and Lightning and prevents himself from losing his business to Rebecca and also has his past self attempt to cash in on the stone along with Kit, seemingly averting the events of the episode and H4H being created.

How does that work? Can he speak to "himself"? (that could be funny)

Quote:
Baloo, satisfied with the result, leaves back to the future, but not noticing that his past self used the money from the stone to move his business to a better location away from CS, and that his actions in the past resulted in Don Karnage getting the stone.

Baloo returns to the future to discover he now lives in another, bigger city and is very successful, but Kit had returned to CS due to Baloo’s alternate self getting caught up in the business.

OK...That means Kit DID meet Baloo in this alternate future? Confusing.

Quote:
Baloo finds his new, successful life boring and misses Kit, but decides to head back to CS to see how the other’s lives ended up.

Upon arrival, Baloo discovers, to his horror, CS is now a near ghost town with the Sky Pirates running rampant, the military having been unable to stop them when they finally attacked without Baloo’s help.

Ok. But did the Air Pirates really stop with Cape Suzette then? Wouldn't they have done the same to other cities? Why would they still be there?

Quote:
Baloo, unable to leave due to needing to hide out from Karnage’s pirates, finds Rebecca and Molly living on the streets in poverty along with Wildcat

Believable...

Quote:
and that even Khan is left with almost nothing, as the Sky Pirate’s activities killed his company.

UN believable. Khan is way too clever to be ruined like that, besides I think his company reaches beyond just Cape Suzette. (I always assumed that it was worldwide)

Quote:
Baloo is further horrified to find Kit’s fate in this alternate timeline is even worse (as to what, we need to decide, maybe he is held captive by Karnage, maybe its implied he died trying to help stop them).

I may have an idea on how to do this. Why not just make it that Baloo CANT find Kit anywhere? Just like he had disappeared from earth. After all, that's probably what would happen (he doesn't have any friends, no family, and apart maybe from the air pirates, no one would remember him or could even tell where he's gone) That way you don't have to solve that issue, and that leaves a little mystery. The simple fact of Baloo getting all alone, in a very dark CS, should be enough "misery"...

Quote:
Baloo decides to return to the past and change it back, only to find from an alternate version of Buzz that this timeline has been created and will exist regardless of changes to the past now, all Baloo would do is return to the original timeline.

Why not.

Quote:
Unable to leave things as they are, Baloo decides to liberate CS from Karnage’s grasp and convinces his friends to help him do so.

Friends? He hasn't met any of them in this alternate world. They're hardly friends. I think he would have to do that on his own...Or maybe some help from Khan. But he would be hard to convince.

Quote:
To Baloo’s shock, even Karnage is miserable, as with no one to challenge him and having finally reached CS and had his way, Karnage is left completely bored and is actually glad Baloo rose up a challenge.

Karnage’s ship is ultimately shot down it its own lightning gun and Karnage and his pirates are arrested (I know that never happens in the real timeline, but we never see this timeline again, so might as well tie up the loose ends).

Why not...

Quote:

OK (though predictable)

Quote:
Baloo returns back to the present and tells Kit he was right, and that he shouldn’t have tried changing the past

Mmm. I think that if he would explain the whole thing to Becky, she would NEVER believe any of it. But she would be glad of his change of mind anyway :wink:

Quote:
The episode ends with Baloo land Rebecca making amends, then realizing Wildcat was gone, Rebecca saying he went to go take up a test pilot job with Buzz.

Hey, why not!

Yeah, I have a way, but it'd involve spoilers for the Pilot which hasn't been fully released to everyone yet.

Thanks, that's what I had in mind.

It was JerRocks2Day's idea, he'll need to explain it.

Yeah, good point, I like the idea of him doing it behind Kit's back, it'll work.

Yeah, that'd work.

I thought he got the stone from Kit. Or am I mistaken?

That'd probably work, they're just using it as their base of opperations.

Ok, then probably just his CS activities are ruined.

Yeah, that works much better, I like it.

Yeah, easy to work with.

He meets Rebecca, Molly, and Wildcat...Maybe he tries himself first and they come to help him when they see he's trying to fix things?

I just thought it'd be intresting that even the villain is miserable in the new timeline, it seems to drive the point further home that Baloo seriously messed up.

True, but what else could we do? Just give Rebecca the alternate Sea Duck?

That's kinda the point, she wouldn't understand what happened but be kinda touched he's apologizing (and probably apologize some herself since they were both in a rather pointless fight).

Yeah, I felt like that'd be a good way to end a rather 'dark' episode.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:06 pm 
Beginner
Beginner

Now that i'm looking back, I'm not sure Khan would be ruined. Unless of course, the air pirates steal a large sum of money from SK, causing his company to dramatically decrease in profit (they'd still be in business, but not as strong anymore).

Quote:
But isn't Buzz working for Shere Khan? Remember "Baloo Thunder", I'm not sure SK would allow that

Maybe we could create an original character scientist that knows stuff like time travel. Although, Buzz did create some crazy experiments (you can tell when you look at the beginning of Bullethead Baloo, that he had a monster in his closet XD).

Quote:

Well, keep in mind in the ep 'Stuck on you' Karnage did manage to save Baloo from being exposed in the end. Then again, after they shook hands, Karnage warned him to watch his back.

As for the dinousaur ending, the original idea behind that was regarding Baloo, Wildcat, Buzz, Molly and possibly Oscar from 'Captain Outrageous' (Molly would befriend him at some point), traveling in time through a flying house (yup, reference and influence from the Christian anime), but wind up stuck to the days of dinosaurs. The ending's doable and fun though. ;)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:43 pm 

Sound great. Maybe a lot of fans should create a time machine based on a plane or watch. These ideas are great. Maybe perhaps going back into the past or future would sound fine to me. Maybe we should have several people working on that kind of idea.