The foulest stench is in the air
The funk of forty thousand years
And grizzly ghouls from every tomb
Are closing in to seal your doom

And though you fight to stay alive
Your body starts to shiver
For no mere mortal can resist
The evil of the thriller

Disclaimer: I do not own the lyrics to the song "Thriller" quite obviously, XD. If I did, I'd be a very wealthy woman.

It's getting close to Halloween, so I thought it was time for some spooky role-play!

------------------------------------

Plot:

On the afternoon of All Hallow's Eve, a slight air of unease can be felt everywhere. A full moon will be in the sky that night, and with the usual hype of the holiday, people can't help but get that tingling sensation crawling up their spines. And they're right to feel that way - because this Halloween terror will strike and no one will be safe. Monsters of all kind will rise up, and the challenge will just be to survive the night! -Work in progress, ish. More details will be worked out as time goes.-

So here's the deal as far as the plot goes - this rp is going to be a little different. Other than the initial circumstances once the monsters start showing up (and we'll have every single monster under the sun) I'm leaving the rest of it up in the air, to be planned or not planned however it should turn out. Whether your characters survive, get mauled, and/or find out the cause of their terror (this one will have to be discussed via pms a little if we decide to flesh it out), will be up to you!

The Rules:
1. Follow all of the regular rules.
2. No God playing or auto-hitting.
3. Characters will probably be killed, so don't use your absolute favorite character ;) This is a horror/thriller.
4. No killing someone without their permission, even though the rule above exists.
5. Absolutely no one-liners or posts with fewer than 5 sentences.
6. Monsters will be utilized mainly to make things easier. They will still be under the same rules as normal characters, but less strict an you may play them and/or slay them with their owner's permission.
More may come later :)

The Characters:
Fill out the form for your characters. If you choose to play a monster, you don't have to fill out the form (unless you want to of course!) just tell me what it is. Devin's twin brother is available for play.

-Character Form- (This form may be tweaked and added to, but don't take anything away!)

Code: Select all
Name: 
Nickname/Alias: 
Race: 
Personality: 
Hair Color: 
Eye Color: 
Height: 
Build: 
Weight: 
Extras: 
Parents: 
Siblings: 
Closest Friends: 
Crush:
Dating: 
Back Story: 
Anything else?

-Victims-
Devin - Aniu Caelestis
Darius - Windancer
Rose - Black Rose
Cody - Skip

-Monsters-
Zombie with a traffic cone on head - Aniu Caelestis
Shape shifter (Raven) - Black Rose
Vampire (Rebecca) - Daltona
Vampire (Griffin) - Hunter

My Profiles

-General Info-

Name: Devin
Nickname/Alias: Dev
Race: Human
Personality: To come

-Physical Traits-

Hair Color: Red. Very red. Not natural, obviously, XD
Eye Color: Green
Height: Roughly 5' 6"
Build: Thin, but not overly.
Weight: Roughly 130 lbs.
Extras: None at the moment

-Family Info-

Mother: Not important
Father: Not important
Siblings: Twin brother, Darius
Closest Friends: Brother
Crush: No one
Dating: No one

-History-

Back Story: Devin and her twin brother just moved to the town in question and neither of them are happy about it at all. Before people meet her she is often mistaken for a boy because of her name. More to come.

Last edited by Anayu on Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:29 am, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject: Re: The Thriller [Semi-Advanced]
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:33 pm 
Famous one
Famous one

The topic is now ready, you may post your profiles and join :)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:46 pm 
Animation Source is my home!

Name: Darius
Nickname/Alias: Even though he is teasingly called Dare at times, he normally goes by his full name.
Personality: Darius is a social guy, who enjoys company and hates quiet. He often gets in trouble for his large mouth, and inability to keep a secret. He isn't exactly all that brave, even though he acts like it sometimes, but his family is put before himself. Despite his other faults, he is a good person at heart, being loyal and friendly. It doesn't take much to earn his trust, but it is easy to break it down. Even though he does have a record of many detentions, he isn't a rulebreak naturally. These were earned through talking, mainly. He can be viewed as overly protective at times, but that's part of his stubborn nature, and his love of his family and friends.
Hair Color: He keeps it closer to his natural shade, a dusty brown color, with a few blonder highlights in it being the only change.
Eye Color: The same as Devin's, a deep green.
Height: A bit taller than his twin, standing around 5' 8"
Build: He is heavily built, yet tall, almost like a stereotypical football player, though he is a natural klutz.
Weight: About 150 lbs or so.
Extras: As mentioned before, he is a big klutz.
Parents: Not Important
Siblings: Devin, his twin sister.
Closest Friends: He does have quite a few friends, but none as close as his twin.
Crush: None
Dating: None
Back Story: As mentioned, he has recently moved into a new town along with his family, and doesn't enjoy it much. He has moved quite a bit in the past, but always hates it, even though he knows he will quickly make friends, due to his social nature. He is very protective over Devin at the moment, which is annoying to most people. He tries to let go a little bit, but he finds himself unable to do so.
Anything else?: Nope

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:50 pm 
Famous one
Famous one

Sweet! Accepted :)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:06 pm 

Thank you, Aniu. I've seen your skills, and I have to say, I'm excited to roleplay with you.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:50 pm 
Famous one
Famous one

*bump* Anyone else interested? Come on, first ever Halloween rp :) I'd like to get this started and preferably over by the beginning of November. If it goes well, I'll do something similar next year.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:17 pm 

I'll definately join. Also, how do we join as a creature? Just name and species? I was a little confused on that.

General Info
Name: Rose
Nickname/Alias: Rosie by her close friends
Personality: Rose is mostly quiet and thoughtful, but she can be spunky, playful, and flirty when she is comfortable with the group she is talking with. She is mostly sweet and innocent, but her courage comes out easily when someone she cares about is threatened. (more to be revealed in the rp)

Physical Traits
Hair Color: dirty blond
Eye Color: gray blue
Height: short, about 5'3"
Build: Not overly skinny
Weight: About 130 as well
Extras: wears a claddagh ring

Family Info
Parents: not important
Siblings: if someone wants to create one, they can
Closest Friends: a lot of people in town (when more people join, I'll put exact names)
Crush: will be decided later
Dating: no one yet

History
Back Story: Rose has lived in this town her whole life and knows pratically everyone else who lives there.
Anything else? none that I can think of...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:03 pm 
Famous one
Famous one

Accepted. And yeah, pretty much. The monsters don't necessarily have to have names or back stories, unless of course you want them to.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:09 pm 

Okay. My creature/monster will be a shape-shifter named Raven. (Guess what she mostly turns into. I am SO creative with names today.) She will be a more difficult monster to slay and she mostly shifts into black animals. Also, as a side note, she likes to taunt her victims.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:08 am 
Famous one
Famous one

I guess we can start. No one else seems interested. I'll go first later on today.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:19 pm 
Famous one
Famous one

I'll join, if that's alright~

General Info;;
Name: Cody Jasko
Nickname/Alias: CJ, only by close friends
Personality: In general, Cody is a pretty decent guy to be around, his overall mellow demeanor makes it easy to befriend him. Although he can be friendly most of the time this baseball junkie has been known to break the fourth wall every now and again, however his closest friends are victims of his ever-growing ego. Cody isn't much of a leader, he'd much rather let those capable of handling such pressure take the lead while he listens and follows. In some circumstances he can be very stubborn and headstrong, acting on impulse instead of thinking things through, which has gotten him into trouble multiple times in the past. Only those who have earned his trust and respect are rewarded with friendliness, with the occassional mild humor thrown in, and his loyalty. He holds grudges for a very long time and it will take more than a simple apology to release said grudge, whatever it may be.

Physical Traits;;
Hair Color: Mild burnette, short in length
Eye Color: Steel-blue
Height: 5'9''
Build: Although he has played baseball his whole life, Cody isn't a very muscular guy. In fact, he muscle tone is pretty average. If anything his legs muscles are more toned than anythign else.
Weight: Roughly 138 lbs.
Extras: He has a noticable scar on his forearm from when he got caught on barbed-wire trying to get a baseball back from a closed off property near his home in Boston. He always wears a simple T-shirt with an old pair of jeans and black athletic shoes, as well as his deceased older brother's military dogtags.

Family Info;;
Parents: Jack and Mary Jasko
Siblings: Colton, Danny, Kevin, Clyde, Eithan, Allan, and Walter
Closest Friends: Only a select few in town, but is closest to his mother in any case.
Crush: N/A
Dating: N/A
Back Story: Cody used to live in the soutside of Boston, Mass, where he lived most of his life playing baseball and living a difficult life in a small apartment. His mother favored him over his siblings, most likely because he is the youngest, and in favor he became a momma's boy. Cody never knew his real father, for in truth his mother married only once, before her eldest son Colton, was born. Since then she has seen many men and have had children with each. Being the runt of the litter, Cody was the main target for his older siblings antics, less from his eldest brother Colton, and was almost constantly picked on, even at school. However, once he decided that he'd like to make baseball his future career he trained long and hard to outrun his brothers and bullies. He went into a deep state of depression when his eldest brother, Colton, died. Looking for a better life, his family moved to their current residence in a small town.
Anything else? I was wondering if it would be alright to also add in a black dragon as a monster? I had an idea that, before the night when the haunting begins, that the dragon itself was a statue built to protect the town from evil that later comes to life all corrupt and what-not. Tis quite contradictory, ain't it? :'D

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:43 pm 

Aniu - I can add another character if you want me to. I don't mind.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:31 pm 
Newcomer
Newcomer

Name: Rebbeca
Nickname/Alias: Becca
Race: Vampire
Personality: Rebbeca is a suductive teenage vampire that won't let anything stand in her way. Yet still a young vampire she has lots of power and evil inside of her. Rebecca doesn't care when she takes a life. she also loves men, they are her favorite thing in the world, besides blood. She trys to keep her secret hidden, so she pretends to lead a normal life.
Hair Color: Red
Eye Color: Hazel
Height: 5'9
Build: She is Thin but muscular
Weight: 120 lbs
Extras: Loves to fight
Parents: Unkown
Siblings: Sister- Marissa
Closest Friends: No one
Crush: Unkown
Dating: No one
Back Story: Rebbeca was born on the outside of Pennsylvania. she had a twin sister named Marissa. they grew up together. Rebecca's sister was seperated from her when she was turned. and Rebecca's unremebered parents were killed.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:05 pm 

Oh wow! This sounds super interesting! I'd love to make a different kind of monster if ya don't mind ^^ (one that won't be killed?)

~General Info~
Name: Griffin
Nickname/Alias: Some who know him call him 'Griff'
Race: Vampire
Personality: He's a very complicated soul. Cockiness and arrogance is only half of him. This half is devoted to making sure no one sees any weakness in him. He kills without thinking, seems to have no respect for human life, and doesn't look like he cares about anyone or anything. He's a mysterious, evil person from the outside who everyone learns to hate. But really, he just hides his true self with all the lies, murder, and blood. He would rather everyone hate him and him show no weakness than be betrayed again. If someone were to show him true kindness and never betray him again, show him not all the world is evil, he may just change his ways.

~Physical Traits~
Hair Color: Light Blonde
Eye Color: Ice Blue
Height: 6'2"
Build: Griffin's build is fairly standard. He is skinnish, but has a lot of muscle as well.
Weight: About 175 Lbs.
Extras: This is basically how he looks; his eyes seem to peirce through you at all times which tends to turn on the charm very often.

~Family~
Parents: They died a long time ago
Siblings: He has one but doesn't know where he is
Closest Friends: None at first but gains one eventually (I hope XD)
Crush: Open
Dating: No one at the moment
Back Story: Griffin, while he was human, was betrayed by his best friend. His best friend wasn't human. He was a vampire. And one day, certain events fell into place turning Griffin's life entirely upside down. After biting Griffin's girlfriend, the love of his life, he proceeded to killing him all at once. With heartbreak, shock, anger, grief, surprise, and any other strong emotion you could ever feel all rolled into one person, Griffin didn't know what to do. His best friend had turned against him, brainwashed his girlfriend, and ruined his life. But the worst was yet to come. He himself was attacked by the two and turned into a vampire himself. After that he vowed to never let anyone fool him again. He would never again let someone take advantage of him. Instead he would be the one to hurt others, he would be the one on top. He didn't want to be the victim anymore. His harsh past turned him into the mess he is today.

Anything else?:
Here are his vampire attributes:
~Can be killed with a wooden stake through the heart (anywhere else weakens him badly but doesnt kill him)
~Garlic has no affect on him
~Crosses do nothing either
~Is supposed to burn in the sun but wheres a black shark tooth neckalace that was charmed by a witch and lets him walk around during the day
~Can compel humans (meaning: he can make them believe anything he says with a trick of the eyes)
~A herb called vervain weakens him (if a human is wearing it he cannot compel them, if it touches him it burns his skin, and if it gets in his body it can seriously harm him by making him very vunerable)
~Fire can also kill him (if he is lit on fire for long enough)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:11 pm 
Famous one
Famous one

Both accepted. And again, sorry my post is late. Had a huge test today and was trying my hardest to study for it.