Animation Source Forums

=> Visit the Animation Source fansites!

Read the site rules!

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: The New Lion King Movie!
PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:28 am 

Do you guys think that they will ever make a new lion king movie. I know there remaking the original but i mean like The Lion King 4. Like A new Sequel To the lion king movie. I love Lion King And i just dont want it to die out like other movies that have been forgotten. Though How can lion king be forgotten it's the best movie ever made but I just want to ask all of you if there ever gonna make a new lion king sequel. :D

Post subject: Re: The New Lion King Movie!
PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 2:24 pm 
Beginner
Beginner

I doubt there will ever be a fourth movie, but the movie isn't forgotten. There's the new remake, and there's The Lion Guard. I think the closest there will ever be to a fourth movie is the TLG special, Return of the Roar.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 2:09 am 
Animation Source is my home!
Animation Source is my home!

No. They got us The Lion Guard.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 12:37 am 

Yeah, just watch The Lion Guard. RotR was pretty weak, but the episodes themselves have been quite good. I'm glad we finally have a show that respects the universe established by the films.

I really don't think we'll ever see a TLK4, much as I'd love one provided it's done well. Disney's only interested in making sequels to their 3D-animated films these days. Maybe we'll get a string of sequels to the live action remake, but even that seems unlikely.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:01 am 

there will be no 4th movie, if you are aiming to have Kovu and Kiara have kids.
They got us the Lion Guard, and a CGI movie planned in 2019. Also, I read about a prequel musical (not disney official but from a musical group) about the brotherhood of Simba and Scar. They changed Scars name in something strange African word. It is disney approved, but not disney owned.
I think the only new Lion King stuff we will see in the future, is more lion-guard related, or some new goodies and merch.
They drained the whole concept, with remakes and all there was about it.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:04 pm 
Supervisor
Supervisor

The Lion King is one of those films where too many sequels would become repetitive and boring, so I personally don't see Disney making another film. The only films I can see them making are ones that follow the Lion Guard storyline.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 5:23 am 

they actually are re-making the thing. june 19th 2019. no joke. all cgi, by J. Favreau.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:53 am 

I Don't think will they will make another one!!! The reason they will probably not make one is because in 2013 Disney announced they gave up hand drawn animation and stayed to computer animation, so if they made another one the animation will be into computer than hand drawn animation!! (I wished they still had hand drawn :/ )

But if they did made another one I want the forth movie to be about Scar and Mufasa's childhood, I want to see how scar always hated Mufasa, see what their parents looked like (Even though people say its Ahadi and Uru; but sadly they are fanmade characters), how scar got his "Scar" and mostly the relationship between Scar and Mufasa.

Sadly I doubt they will make a fourth one; but there can be hope if someone actually wants to make it. Only time will come if they will make one.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:52 pm 
Advanced
Advanced

Am I the only TLK fan not very excited about the live action remake? lol I don't like how Be prepared isn't going to be in the movie. :/

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 9:40 pm 

TLKGIRL98 wrote:
Am I the only TLK fan not very excited about the live action remake? lol I don't like how Be prepared isn't going to be in the movie. :/

While I'm excited about it, I also don't like how that they're removing "Be Prepared". I don't think they even gave a reason for the removal.