Animation Source Forums

=> Visit the Animation Source fansites!

Read the site rules!

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: The New Hunt (Hunter And Rose)
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:19 pm 
Animation Source is my home!

Plot: Rose Flynn has always been interested in reading about the Salem Witch Hunts. And everytime she learns something new, she always wonders how those people could be so stupid as to believe that witches were actually real. Soon she discovers, they weren't that far off.

In a modern day society, the creatures of the night are still hidden so close to the human society that it is amazing no one has yet discovered them. But these are dark times for all creatures of the earth because a small group of scientists, researchers, historians, and many other people have taken much interest in the old witch hunts. They are the ones who finally succeed in capturing witches, werewolves, vampires, and the lot. Now with proof that these dark creatures exist, the world slowly falls back into a new era of dark ages.

Where does that leave Rose? Locked up at home most of the time. School has all but been demolished as they are no longer 'safe' enough. Her small five room, cement brick house is a far cry from her old home. Security has a new meaning. Silver and garlic painted into the walls, wolfbane gardens surrond everyhouse. Rose's father has become a hunter, capturing anyone who is at all suspesious and taking them to trial. Rose's mother is part of the grand jury, watching the inhuman tortures of finding out who is evil and who is human by the High Council. But in this mess, all Rose wants is things to go back to normal.

But she can never go back to the way life was when she meets an escaped convict (werewolf, vampire, witch) and is caught by a member of the High Counsel. And Rose soon finds herself a convict too, convicted of helping a dark creature. Now Rose is faced with new struggles of this once thought mythical world. How can one hold on to their humanity in this dark world without becoming one of them herself?

Information on Dark Creatures (There are a lot of myths for a lot of creatures, but these are the myths we will be playing by. You don't have to read them all but if you have one of these creatures, please read theirs.)

Werewolves: The best definition of a werewolf that I can give is they are humans that have the power to turn into a larger and stronger version of the common day wolf. There fore, they are not immortal, they live to about 120 years though that is very old for a werewolf, and live by human years. They are stronger than normal humans in there human form. They can only become full wolves in the light of Moon, but can change part way or one body part during the day time and the night of New Moon. They must change on the three nights of the full moon. They can range from very human to very rugged, depending mostly on pack life. They are also blood thirsty, though not in the literal sense as vampires. There is a ten thousand year old war between vampires and werewolves, so they natually don't get along, but of course there are a few exceptions. The only things that can kill them are silver, fire, or another werewolf. Another name is lyncanthrope. The scientific name is loups-garoux, pronounced lupe-ga-roo.

Vampires: Vampires were all once human, but were tranformed by another vampire somewhere along the lines. Since the moment that the poison stopped their heart, that person was frozen in time, dead but somehow still here. They are immortal. Time and space doesn't have any effect on them meaning the can literally disappear into thin air when they run at the top of their speeds. They have a natural thirst for human blood, any magical blood is a speacilty to them.They can only be killed with a stake through the heart, light on fire, or be in the sun without any protection (ex. a charmed necklace or ring). Vervain is also very harmful to them, and can prevent a vampire from compeling a human (one of their specail powers) if the human is wearing it and can be harmful if it touches the vampire or enters his/her body.

Witches: Witches are hardly evil at all. They are just very advance chemists with a bit of added magic. They are mostly potion makers and healers, but can also do many things just with their barehands. Some very expirenced witches are very powerful with this gift. Witches also have a sort of connection with the Other World. This is why some go into the profession as fortune-tellers to hide their true idenity. Some witches are more evil then others, though is the same for most dark creatures. Witches can be of both gender, obviously. They all posses a certain magical gene that gives them their power, so a human cannot become a witch. Another name is a sorcerer/ sorceress (sp?).

Blood Wolves: These are werewolves that have been tranformed by a vampire. It cannot be the other way around! There are very few blood wolves because it is so hard to make one. Vampire venom can be deadly to werewolves, so too much will kill. But werewolves also have a very good immune system, so too little will not affect them at all. Of the few that are made, they are the most out-of-control dark creaure. They have the natural longing to hunt mixed with the thirst for blood. They are very powerful, but easily killed by dark creatures and humans alike because the things that can kill a vampire and werewolf can kill a blood wolf. And sometimes they are even more deadly.

Last edited by Black Rose on Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: The New Hunt (Hunter And Rose)
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:30 pm 

Full Name: Rose Marie Flynn
Name: Rose, Rosie
Species: human
Breed: human
Appearence: http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs43/f/2009/127/d/5/Fairy_Tale_by_soulofautumn87.jpg
Crush: open
Personality and History: Rose is mostly quiet and thoughtful, but she can be spunky, playful, and flirty when she is comfortable with the group she is talking with. She is mostly sweet and innocent, but her courage comes out easily when someone she cares about is threatened. Her history is in the plot.

Full Name: Haley Finn
Name: Haley, Hale
Species: werewolf
Breed: timber wolf
Appearence: http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/105/6/1/Brunette_heartbreaker_by_katrin_dark.jpg/ http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs36/f/2008/251/b/4/Wen_by_Goldenwolf.jpg
Personality and History: Haley was bitten when she was very young, but luckily she found an adult werewolf to take care of her. They became like sisters. But Haley's mentor was captured recently and now Haley is on her own. She is indepenent and adventurous, but is also ever-smiling. She tries to enjoy life and looks for love everywhere she goes.

Full Name: Caledon Williams
Name: Caledon, Cale
Species: werewolf
Breed: timber wolf
Appearence: http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs19/f/2007/270/e/3/Hair__by_caughtaglimpse.jpg/ http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs19/f/2007/302/c/9/Moon_Howl_by_Goldenwolf.jpg
Personality and History: Cale's pack scattered to hid themselves better from the new high council. Cale has been trying to find other teenage werewolves like himself. He tries not to make any mistakes, and can sometimes have a little trouble with anger when he does something wrong. His mission has always been to be perfect, but we all know that doesn't work. He can seem a bit closed-hearted, but is merciful and the opposite of ruthless.

Full Name: Tanya Cholsky
Name: Tanya
Age: looks 16 or 17, is actually almost exactly 100 years
Species: vampire
Breed: human
Appearence: http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs51/f/2009/329/3/7/Red_Rose_by_fhrankee.jpg
Personality and History: Tanya doesn't reaveal much of her past (and it's much to long to go through). She knows how to stay hidden from the High Council. Tanya enjoys compelling humans and doesn't hold much respect for humans or werewolves.

Last edited by Black Rose on Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:31 pm 

~General Info~
Name: Griffin
Nickname/Alias: Some who know him call him 'Griff'
Race: Vampire
Personality: He's a very complicated soul. Cockiness and arrogance is only half of him. This half is devoted to making sure no one sees any weakness in him. He kills without thinking, seems to have no respect for human life, and doesn't look like he cares about anyone or anything. He's a mysterious, evil person from the outside who everyone learns to hate. But really, he just hides his true self with all the lies, murder, and blood. He would rather everyone hate him and him show no weakness than be betrayed again. If someone were to show him true kindness and never betray him again, show him not all the world is evil, he may just change his ways.

~Physical Traits~
Hair Color: Light Blonde
Eye Color: Ice Blue
Height: 6'2"
Build: Griffin's build is fairly standard. He is skinnish, but has a lot of muscle as well.
Weight: About 175 Lbs.
Extras: This is basically how he looks; his eyes seem to peirce through you at all times which tends to turn on the charm very often.

~Family~
Parents: They died a long time ago
Siblings: He has one but doesn't know where he is
Closest Friends: None at first but gains one eventually (I hope XD)
Crush: Open
Dating: No one at the moment
Back Story: Griffin, while he was human, was betrayed by his best friend. His best friend wasn't human. He was a vampire. And one day, certain events fell into place turning Griffin's life entirely upside down. After biting Griffin's girlfriend, the love of his life, he proceeded to killing him all at once. With heartbreak, shock, anger, grief, surprise, and any other strong emotion you could ever feel all rolled into one person, Griffin didn't know what to do. His best friend had turned against him, brainwashed his girlfriend, and ruined his life. But the worst was yet to come. He himself was attacked by the two and turned into a vampire himself. After that he vowed to never let anyone fool him again. He would never again let someone take advantage of him. Instead he would be the one to hurt others, he would be the one on top. He didn't want to be the victim anymore. His harsh past turned him into the mess he is today.

Anything else?:
Here are his vampire attributes:
~Can be killed with a wooden stake through the heart (anywhere else weakens him badly but doesnt kill him)
~Garlic has no affect on him
~Crosses do nothing either
~Is supposed to burn in the sun but wheres a black shark tooth neckalace that was charmed by a witch and lets him walk around during the day
~Can compel humans (meaning: he can make them believe anything he says with a trick of the eyes)
~A herb called vervain weakens him (if a human is wearing it he cannot compel them, if it touches him it burns his skin, and if it gets in his body it can seriously harm him by making him very vunerable)
~Fire can also kill him (if he is lit on fire for long enough)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:11 pm 

Sorry I haven't replied yet. This weekend has been full of science projects, history projects, and english papers. Finally I can get on the computer! Anyways, I added some more minor characters to hang out in the background.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:04 pm 

It's alright ^^ I think I'll make a few side characters too. Just gimme an hour or two to figure out how to do the bios exactly and I'll post em as soon as possible :]

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:31 pm 

Okay. Just alert me when you're done. :)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:22 pm 

Name: Jamie
Species: Vampire
Role: Rose's best friend
Personality: A bit more quiet than most vampires, she wants nothing more than a friend who will accept her for who she is... Well sort of... she never told Rose about her 'secret'
History: She originally came from a town when her village was burning, and now in the 21st century she wants nothing more than a friend
Other: None
Appearence: http://i26.tinypic.com/30hwxu1.jpg

Name: Devin
Species: Werewolf
Role: Eventually becomes a friend of Rose & Griffin, despite the vampire/werewolf rivalry
Personality: He isn't one to trust vampires at all, but eventually he comes to see that Griffin and Rose can help him if he helps them. From that point on, he learns to trust them if not the slighest bit. Normally, he tries his best not to get into trouble but since he's a new werewolf anyone knows how that works out. He's a free loving soul and loves to crack a joke when the time comes.
History: He was a normal kid until he got turned into a werewolf, but instead of hating his new abilities, he embraced them.
Appearence: Human//Wolf

Name: Kendra
Species: Vampire
Role: One of the more evil vampires
Personality: She seems mysterious and almost entirely evil
History: No one knows
Appearence: http://www.totallifecounseling.com/imag ... 20hair.jpg

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:54 pm 

Ooc:// Posted some wolf pics of my werewolves since I forgot to ealier. I don't have a whole lot of time to start us off right now, but I will tomorrow. Unless you want to start?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:49 pm 

Ermmm... I'm sad to say that I'm not sure how to start X3 So if it's alright, may I wait until you can? ^^

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:34 pm 

Ooc:// Alright, then. I think you should probably start when Griffin escapes or is on the run from High Council police. I'll make sure Rose runs into him. (;

Bic:// Rose snuggled down deeper into her soft, red blanket as she sat alone in her bedroom, tucked away in a corner of the house. Her room was plain and square, just like her house and all the houses surrounding it. The walls were stark white and lined with the white and pale purple flowers of vervain and designs made of pure silver. They were made to look like decorations, but Rose knew all to well what these objects could defend against.

Tattered piles of books cluttered one corner of the room; mostly titles of old witch tales and paranormal lore. Rose hadn't picked up any one of them since her move to this dreary new town. Thankfully, being the daughter of a member of the High Council and a detective had the perks of living in a semi-seculeded area outside of the main part of the city, where houses were lined up nearly inches from each other. Unfornutely, though, her parents were often gone for the majority of the day and Rose was left to sit alone at home with two body guards outside of her front door twenty-four/seven.

Ever since the revelation of the dark creatures, Rose had stopped doing much of anything. Her high school drama was over and done with, and no one hardly did anything social anymore which led to no inspiration for poems or songs. In the hurry to move, Rose had only been able to grab her pre-packed box of favorite novels and guitar, leaving behind all her lyric and poem notebooks. Even her minor hobby of cross-stitching was lost to her, and that would be the only thing she would want to do at a time like this. It required concentration and thought of only the stitching and design that her mind would not wonder like it was now.

Instead, she had taken up to doodling on the bare white walls, and her artistic skills were not something to be envied. The pencil markings mostly consisted of stick-figures, suns with sunglasses and moons with smiles, a few hearts with either arrows or wings, and a couple of eyes that Rose was actually proud of drawing. But doodling could only be done for so long.

Rose shivered slightly under her blanket and shifted herself into laying down under all the covers of her bed. The new houses weren't advanced enough to have either heat, air conditioning, or properly running water. Still, the community was getting by. And they were all still alive, so the High Council must have been doing something right.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:17 pm 

OOC: Alrighty then ^^

Griffin stood in shock as he realized the High Council had figured out his secret. Until now, he had been thinking he was doing a great job of hiding it. No one seemed to be noticing. How in the world could they have found out? Did he not cover up his tracks completely? All this raced through his mind as it came to one conclusion. Run.

He was backed up against an alley. He had been minding his own business, walking on a sidewalk, when they surrounded him. Holding guns filled with wooden bullets and having vervain liquid in a handy hospital needle tucked away in their pockets, the High Council seemed unafraid of him. They must've been wearing the stuff too, for when Griffin tried to reason with them, compelling them in doing so, it did nothing. Not a thing.

His eyes shot from one corner to the next, trying to think of where to go. If he moved even an inch all bets were off. They would shoot him down. And although wooden bullets aren't thick enough to kill him like a stake through the heart would, they would certainly weaken him enough to make him almost entirely vulnerable.

His eyes suddenly looked up and he decided it was all or nothing. He leaped up into the air. Several bullets fired, but he was already way high up before they could reach him. Once in the air, he directed himself to the roof just above. Leaping onto it, he took a breath. "Phew... that was close..." he thought.

But they would certainly come after him. He tried to hop down and sneak out the back alleyway, but there they were again. Only this time, he couldn't have been surrounded. Not when his guard was up. He ran as quick as lightning. When the humans realized they couldn't catch him on foot, they resolved to go by car. Now they were chasing him both on foot and by car.

He was gasping for breath, not sure how much longer he could keep it up. This had been going on for at least half an hour now. They had previously tried to shoot him with another bullet, but the wood just scraped against his arm. Not hard enough to incapacitate him, but enough to make him weaker than usual. He stopped to catch a breath, only to find the sirens whaling again.

He cursed under his breath before continuing to run.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:25 pm 

Shots rang out from within the city, and Rose sat up in her bed. It was the middle of the day, not even close enough to evening for that extra chill in the air to come around. Usually, the police waited until nightfall before going out hunting. That meant that this Dark Creature must have done something to catch the authorities attention before their workinf hours began.

Rose climbed out of her bed, not really sure what she was doing. Her feet carried her through the small house and to the front door. Rose paused there with one hand about to turn the handle. Her parents had given her only a few intructions, and one of them happened to be to never open the door or go outside for any reason at all. And here Rose was, about to step out the door, without an inkling of what was going on outside. She hadn't even thought of putting her shoes on yet and her sweat pants and tank top were not going to do her much good in the autumn weather. Rose backed from the door and hurried back to her room to prepare to go outside.

Rose pulled on a long-sleeve cotton shirt plus a dark violet hoodie. She changed into a pair of jeans that were chilled from the air and slipped the sweat pants back on over them to try to retain some of her body warmth. She slipped on a pair of socks and tennis shoes before heading back towards the front door. Subconsciously, she grabbed her Emergency Bag, which was marked "Autumn" in Sharpie. The bag contained two extra pairs of close (one pair in case of warm weather and another for a chance of snow) plus a hat, gloves, sun screen, sun glasses, a pair of sneakers, two bottles of water, a couple snack bags, and a miniature First Aide Kit. The High Council had ensured that every person had four Emergeny Bags (one for every season) just in case the Dark Creatures did something that would cause the whole town to have to move somewhere else. It was overkill in Rose's opinion, but she swung it over her shoulder just in case something did happened while she was outside the safety of her house. She doubted she would need it, but she didn't know what would happen out there but knew everything that could.

Within minutes, Rose was back in her original position, facing the front door and her hand about to turn the handle. With a deep, soothing breath, she calmed herself enough to open the door and step out onto the browning grass that was covered with colorful leaves. She convinced herself that there was nothing to be afraid of. The police were obviously close and would keep her safe from anything that came her way... right?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:54 pm 

Griffin kept running, trying to get away, but these guys were relentless. As he gasped another breath, he could smell another human scent in the air. Without even thinking about it, he ran towards the source. Maybe if I can hold that human captive... he thought maliciously. They'll let me escape unharmed. He grinned with an evil glint in his eyes. As he ran towards that direction, he finally saw a girl in a purple hoodie. She had just stepped out the front door.

He was about to grab her but stopped in his tracks when he saw how beautiful she was. He hadn't seen anyone as pretty as her since he had been human, which was a long time ago. In his moment of stillness though, he had accidentally let down his guard. Just a split second of not paying attention and he was down on the ground, shot with a wooden bullet straight through his leg. "Ah!" he muttered. "No!!" He tried to yell. He looked back and tried to get up. Luckily, since he had spent almost 150 years as a vampire, he was somehow able to manage to stumble up. He tripped a lot while trying to walk, but at least he could still move.

It was no use, though. This girl, although eye-catching, may have just cost him his life. He was moving too slow, and it was only a matter of time before the council caught up to him.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:38 pm 

Rose stared at the boy before her, not sure who or what he was. For several heartbeats after he was shot, Rose continued to stare. Her mind slowly processed that if the cops had just shot him then he wasn't human. Rose couldn't tell what he was just yet, but something in her gut told her he was dangerous. It was probably because of her parents and the news casters and the teachers and the government and everyone else. They all had drilled it into her brain that the Dark Creatures could not be trusted and only needed to be killed off.

But when the suffereing of pure agony crossed over the boys face as he was shot tugged at Rose's heart. Her first instinct would normally be to rush to his aid. How had she come to justifying shooting down a person? He may not have been human, but how would she know that he wasn't as innocent as herself?

After what seemed like days, Rose finally ran off her porch, leaving her bag on thr ground. She hurried to the blond boy's side and took one of his arms around her shoulders to help him limp faster. Not sure what she was doing (or thinking) she led him into her own house, kicking the emergency back into the corner with the rest of them.

After the door was shut, she frantically looked around the room for some place to hide him. The police may not have been close enough to see what she had done, but they just might come looking for him in her house. As she glanced around, she remembered that he had been hurt. She needed to do something to cover his wound. There was already a line of smeared blood across the wood floor. And there was most likely a trial leading right to her door. She needed to think of some plan before the police arrived and caught her with this boy.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:42 pm 

Griffin was not only amazed, but frankly shocked that this human girl would take such measures to help him. She had helped him limp into her house, probably so he could hide there, and she didn't even know who he was. It was this moment that he felt the most drawn to the creature he once was so long ago. This time, it was for something different than what it had been for the past few decades. This time, it was for love.

His thoughts were broken in abruptly as his ears caught the faint 'creak' of the wooden floor. His eyes widened and he backed up against the kitchen counter, not sure what to do. He had never been in a house absolutely full of his weaknesses, not all of them. Never in his 150 years of being a vampire.

He grunted quietly as the immortal blood flowed through his blackish blue colored jeans. "Thank you... for helping me," he said hesitantly. "You didn't have to..." he said it with such a ring in tone, that you could automatically tell what could come next. 'So why did you?'

There wasn't really time to directly ask, though, because not only was the council coming to bang on the doors, but his wound was quickly healing. The skin of a vampire growing over an encased bullet was not a good thing. It could kill Griffin if he didn't get it out. He winced in pain as he reached his hand and painfully pulled out the death weapon.

Once out, the skin quickly began to engulf the open area. Griffin closed his eyes once more and sighed to get the remainder of the pain out before looking at the girl again. "I'll be fine from that at least... Thank you, again." He said these words with much dignity. He was grateful that any human (much less a beautiful one that he just so happened to be attracted to...) would ever dare to help him.

Then he suddenly remembered his original plans to use her by taking her captive and felt ashamed. I'll make it up... he thought, and he quickly walked to her side. "What now?" It was a silent question, but one that contained much urgency.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next