Animation Source Forums

=> Visit the Animation Source fansites!

Read the site rules!

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: The Lost Weekend (Semi-Advanced)
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:27 am 
Animation Source is my home!

Location: Wandering the wilderness of Skyrim, be back when out of Skooma

.::Plot::.

They thought it was going to be an ideal weekend: a collage campus party, your typical all-niter. The kind you can never remember the next morning. What this group of party-goers didn't know, was that their worlds where about to change forever... You see: most the teen don't get along, and are often very competitive with one another, rather it be over relationships, or status. But, they each have superhuman abilities, obtained from an encounter of sorts, with the same general fate. Now that their party has been interrupted by a secret government agency known only as The Spec. Ops Division, the young heroes will be trained to get along with each-other:, forced to learn how to use this power... in order to protect their world.

.::Setting::.

Fictional Collage Campus: Riverwood University
Later into the Rp: Spec. Ops Secret Base

.::Introduction::.

Hello all, AS general roleplayers. Anyways, yes you guys, this: is a superhero RP. And I hope to make it as cliche as a good ol' Marvel Movie. You know what I mean: Good vs. Evil. Good always wins. Yet Marvel has made billions of comics off that one basic idea. So now I have this, which is 1 of 2 kinda good RP ideas I've recently had. Any ways: here is the character Bio Sheets:

For Heroes:
Code: Select all
[b]Name:[/b]
    [b]Nickname:[/b] 
    [b]Gender:[/b]
    [b]Age:[/b] (17-19)
    [b]Personality:[/b]
    [b]Appearance:[/b]
    [b]Extras:[/b]
    [b]Parents:[/b]
    [b]Siblings:[/b]
    [b]Powers:[/b]
    [b]How he/she got their powers:[/b]
    [b]Crush:[/b] (very important you know, every hero has that one person he/she dedicates his/her life to protecting. So if you guys would, kinda fill this out, not asap, but as soon as you see who you want your crush to be. And I'm gonna try to make the number of males and females the same so everyone has a crush... see... cliche!)
    [b]Dating:[/b]
    [b]Back Story:[/b] (optional)
    [b]Weakness:[/b] (very, very important)
    [b]Other:[/b]

For Humans (aka regular collage students)
Code: Select all
[b]Name:[/b]
    [b]Nickname:[/b] 
    [b]Gender:[/b]
    [b]Age:[/b] (17-19)
    [b]Personality:[/b]
    [b]Appearance:[/b]
    [b]Extras:[/b]
    [b]Parents:[/b]
    [b]Siblings:[/b] 
    [b]Crush:[/b]
    [b]Dating:[/b]
    [b]Back Story:[/b] (optional)
    [b]Other:[/b]

.::Rules::.

Okay guys: this stuff is easy enough.
:arrow: All general AS Rules apply
:arrow: If you curse us the ****'s
:arrow: This RP may contain some romantic situations, because.. well.. they are in collage
:arrow: I would appreciate if you joined as more than one character, Human&Hero so like mentioned we can keep ladies & gents evenly numbered (and btw, girls CAN be heroes.. that's been an issue before)
:arrow: And most importantly, have fun :D

.::Characters::.

1.) Griffin Thompson (hero)

Character Bio:

Name: Griffin L. Thompson
Nickname: Sometimes referred to as, Griff
Personality: Quiet, calm, and charming most of the time. Kinda romantic, girls are usually very attracted to him for his looks and dark side. You see: he can be rebellious, a smooth-talking trouble maker. Most of the things he does is stupid and reckless, in short he's your basic stereotyped bad boy. If you get to know him you learn that he's a brave young man who knows the difference in right and wrong, and who has a sense of protectiveness for those he cares about. Apart from that, he's very charismatic and kind.
Appearance: Griffin (CLICK)
Extras: Mentioned on down..
Parents: Rachel & Nicholas Thompson
Siblings: Morgan Thompson (younger sister: 12 years old)
Powers: His power is more or less similar to a case of lycanthropy. He often looses control when angered or excited. Turning into a monstrous wolf-being. A big-black furred-broad shouldered monster, with a wolfish face and glowing blue eyes. (EX: CLICK or CLICK (but with black fur)) However, unlike a werewolf, he becomes literally unstoppable. He's strong enough to topple buildings, and literally rip cars in half.
How he/she got their powers: He was helping a friend with a gene project. While working on combining the genes of two different wolves, their was an malfunction with the machine and radiation leaked out, infecting Griffin, who wasn't wearing a HazMat Suit.
Crush: Open (none yet)
Dating: Not ATM
Back Story: (optional)
Weakness: Can only stay in Beast Form for a limited time, and is weak after he re-transforms.
Other: He even acts a bit animal-like, his expressions and dislike for camera flashes and loud noises. This is also why he usually stays out of relationships. He shows affection a bit rough and wildly. (some of you don't get it, haha yeah-well do some deep thinking, you'll figure it out eventually)

Well, here we are, I kinda hope some people join... this might be fun lol anyway, here guys. Thanks for stopping by.

Post subject: Re: The Lost Weekend (Semi-Advanced)
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:01 pm 
Advanced
Advanced

Hi, I thought it'd be really fun to join this, so I hope you accept my character. :)
Name: Becka Andrea Madison
Nickname: Beck
Personality: Stuck-up, snooty and pushy. I guess you could say that Beck's kind of a bad girl type, but she's really nice around her friends and/or crush. Beck is nice once you get to know her a little better. She rarely ever gets mad, though she feels like the world is kinda turning on her a bit.
Appearance: http://data.whicdn.com/images/668802/20 ... _thumb.jpg
Extras: Has a necklace that she wears to show her emotions (EX: green=happy, red=mad, blue=sad, pink=in love, green=envious, etc.)
Parents: Andre and Trinea Madison
Siblings: Matthew Beckly Madison (older brother 22 years old,) Luna Sunny Madison (younger sister 14 years old)
Powers: Beck's basic power is telekinesis. She can lift an object/person by concentrating on that one object/person. She also has telepathy (the power to read others' minds,) so this makes it easier for her to track down enemies.
How he/she got their powers: Beck got her powers when she was 15. She had been injected by something that was mistaken for medicine. The powers didn't start affecting her until her 16th birthday.
Crush: Leo
Dating: No one ATM
Weakness: (very, very important) Her weakness is vampire venom. She cannot be injected by vampire venom or else it can severely weaken her powers.
Other:

Last edited by AvanJogiaLover143 on Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:36 am, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:56 pm 

This looks really cool, I'll give it a shot.

Name: Leo Bernard Edwards
Nickname: Lenny and Bernie (He hates it when people call him Bernie)
Personality: Leo is a quiet-guy. He's not really quiet, he just doesn't like talking to people, with the exeption of his best friends. He's a really fun guy when you get to know him though. Leo doesn't hit on girls like most guys, he believes that if a girl likes him, they should come and talk to him. Leo's a fighter, if someone tries to pick a fight with him, he's usually the one to throw the first punch.
Appearance: http://mysticcurio.tripod.com/faygeleh/images/PaulRudd_Vespa_838300_400.jpg
Extras: He wears glasses, and usually people make fun of him for that.
Parents: Jeff and Stephanie Edwards
Siblings: Milly Edwards (Who is 23 years old) and Paul Edwards (15 years old)
Powers: Leo's power is shape-shifting, he can shape-shift into anyone, or anything. Well, besides inanimate objects.
How he/she got their powers: Leo and his parents went on a tour of a science genetics lab, the scientist said that he was trying to make shape-shifting possible, and held out the vile, when Leo made the excuse about going to the bathroom, he picked up the vile of chemicals and accidentally spilt it on himself.
Crush: Beck
Dating: Not at the moment
Weakness: Leo's powers are limited for a short amount of time, an hour at most.
Other: He is terrified to death of snakes.

Last edited by Dire Wolves on Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:54 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:13 pm 

Name: Vanessa Stacy Flynn
Nickname: Nessa
Personality: To put it lightly, Nessa is independant. She hates someone trying to take care of her and would rather do the protecting then being protected. She is stubborn and refuses to ever admit she is wrong even if it is rather obvious. She definately has a firey personality and isn't afraid of the hard, brutal truth, no matter who it hurts. She is a natural rebel and won't let anyone or anything contain her, especailly a boyfriend. Even though she tends to be quite a presence in the room, she turns away from any male attention. She has her perfect guy picked out already in her mind and although she has yet to find this perfect blonde, blue-eyes, polite gentleman who is sure to sweep her off her feet, she will not waste any of her time on these immaturem egotistical college kids. In a word, she is the most hard to get girl you will ever find. Even though she is searching for that knight is shining armor, she hates every guy who tries this tactic on her. Her friends have tried to point this out, but Nessa obviously won't admit that she is searching for the wrong type of guy for her. While searching for true love, Nessa does take care of herself. Whether in a physical or verbal fight, Nessa will use any slick move or cheat to win. She is highly competitive and also very fit, so she isn't used to losing. Emotionally, Nessa isn't the most stable girl in the world. She rolls her eyes at touchy-feely moments and gags heart-to-hearts. She does have a very lost and lonely soul, though, that deserately needs someone to talk to, but Nessa just won't open up to anyone.
Appearance: http://browse.deviantart.com/photography/people/?q=blonde#/ddhj37
Extras: wears a claddagh ring
Parents: Johnny Moore and Lera Cooke (parents never married and are still not together, both are married with other kids now, Nessa has her mother's maiden name hence the difference)
Siblings: on the Moore side - two half sisters and one half brother all around the preteen age. on the Cooke side- two half brothers who are still toddlers (I really don't want to think up all their names and stuff now and Nessa doesn't really care enough to bring them into the story haha)
Crush: no one.... well...(I was thinking that Griffin might have a crush on her but she plays all hard to get and stuff but secretly kinda likes him. he could like her because she doesn't fall for bad boys easily and she likes him because he isn't trying to be a genteman to her. I dunno, I thought it might be cute...)
Dating: none yet
Back Story: Mostly summed up previously. Her parents, Johnny Moore and Lera Flynn, had Nessa when they were just getting out of highschool. Lera put off a year of college to birth Nessa and take care of her during the first few months, and Johnny and her shared an apartment while he went to school. Unfortunately, there relationship went down hill and Lera had moved in with her parents before Nessa was even a month old. After that, it seemed that Lera had gained full custody, though her parents mostly took care of Nessa while she went to school. When Nessa was six, though, and after Lera had just moved out of her house and in with her new boyfried, johnny came back into the picture. He had a wife and a baby already on the way and he wanted Nessa to be part of his family. The next two years were filled with custody battles until Johnny and Lera finally gave up on full custody either way and split their time with Nessa. Over her next few years, Nessa was pressured by her father to change her last name to Moore while her mother, newly married, wanted to change her name to Cooke. Nessa refused either and stuck with the name she has always gone by: Flynn. Finally eighteen, Nessa is enjoying the freedom of not having to be part of either of her messed up families and can finally just be her.
Other: nope

I promise to join as a super hero character later on! I just had so much inspiration for this character that I had to write her bio before the muse was gone. I'm gonna have to think up a really good super hero character, though I might wait to see what other humans get joined so I know whether it better to make a hero or a heroine.

Last edited by Black Rose on Tue May 14, 2013 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:41 pm 

Everyone's accepted so far.

Rose: I really really like the idea of the Nessa/Griffin thing. It would be cute since so many girls like Griffin, the one girl he likes dosn't like him (or doesn't let him know) she likes him back. I'm fine with that idea :)

Sig & Avie (c) Me

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:50 am 
Advanced
Advanced

@Dire Wolves: Is it alright if Leo and Beck like each other? If you don't like it, then I'm totally fine with that.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:46 am 

@AvanJogiaLover143- Sure, I don't mind.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:43 pm 
Advanced
Advanced

@Solo Hero, can we start now? Please?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:12 pm 

@Avon: I'm going to give it a little longer, then we'll start first thing tomorrow :D

Sig & Avie (c) Me

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:09 pm 
Famous one
Famous one

occ//~ Sorry I know I kinda use Dev for everything, but I love him (:

Name: Deveron Quillian Black
Nickname: Dev
Personality: Calm and level headed, has a "don't give a crap" attitude, isn't much of a talker and has that mysterious feel to him, has a very good way with words and is often caught using sarcasm or snide remarks. Doesn't open up right away, once he knows you and trusts you, his barriers start to come down. Dev just has that cool swagger feel to him, he knows how to stay classy and does in most situations. However, on rare occasions, if Dev loses his temper he explodes, and it's not fun. Something about Dev just attracts others to him, maybe it's his held back personality or piercing eyes, but of course he is oblivious to the unspoken attention he gets. He never changes for anyone, his personality always remains the same. He feels that if you have to change yourself just to please others, then you're not true to who you are. He is a very firm believer in individuality and hates those who conform just to get attention.
Appearance: http://browse.deviantart.com/?q=peeta+mellark#/d3dad92
Extras: none
Parents: Jennifer Black (Mother)
Siblings: Claire Black (26 years), Owen Black (21 years)
Powers: Dev has the power to use all of the elements (fire, water, earth, air) He can control each and every one of them, but only if the resource is available at hand. For example, air is his go-to element because there is an abundant supply of air. Another example, he can only use water when he is near a pond, stream, lake etc. and take the water from there.
How he/she got their powers: When Dev was younger, he was struck by lightning. The strike obviously wasn't enough to kill him but the side effects were extreme and he found that he was able to control things that were unnatural.
Crush: None yet (poor guy..)
Dating: Not right now
Back Story: Dev is the youngest in his family. He has an older sister, Claire who is 26 and an older brother who is 21, named Owen. Technically, his brother and sister are only his half siblings. His mother wasn't super smart in her younger years and had three different kids with three different dads. Although Claire and Owen both keep in touch with their fathers, Dev has no idea who his father is, and his mother said it's gonna stay that way forever. Dev didn't care though, he always looked up to Owen and looked to him as a father figure. Other than his awkward father situation, Dev has had a fairly normal life. He went to school and excelled in sports and any other activity that he tried. Little did he know was that his brother secretly harbored intense jealousy towards him.
Weakness: If the element is not at hand, he obviously can't use them. Fire is hard for him to come by. For air, if it is raining, he can't mix air and water, basically it immobilizes both of those elements. They can't be mixed and he can only use one at a time.
Other: Dev stands at 6' 4" as is very muscular and athletic, so physical combat works well for him too.

R.I.P Jewel

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:21 pm 

I don't mean to spam but I just wanted to say that I can join as another character to be that specail someone for Dev. I would prefer her to be a hero, though, if that is alright with Solo Hero. I just wanted to let you know because I am not sure if I will be able to get the site until later tomorrow (work, yuck), and I didn't want to join as another character after the rp as already started.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:02 am 

Hype: It's okay, Dev's always a great character xD

Rose: Alright, that's fine if a hero has a crush on a hero. And after you add your character, we can start :D

Sig & Avie (c) Me

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:31 pm 

Name: Sophie Taylor Bray
    Nickname:  Soph
    Personality: Sophie has a sweet and tender heart that does not enjoy bringing harm to anyone, not even those who deserve it. She is the one who will keep giving out chances even if she is let down each and every time. She tends to be a bit of a people pleaser and will do anything she can to keep her friends (or just a stranger) as happy as they can be. She is known to give out false hope and always tells someone they are right. She would rather simply agree than risk an arguement. She is not the most courageous soul, and even though she woud never leave a friend behind, she would not be the first to protect them. She is rather self conscious about, well, everything and beams at even the smallest compliment. She also has a horrible habit of becoming giggly and clumsy when a cute boy comes around.
    Appearance: http://browse.deviantart.com/photography/people/?order=9&q=brunette&offset=48#/d4uwdd3
    Extras: she is very attached to her dogs, Annie and Rosie and will try to protect her as a mother guard over a baby
    Parents: Gary and Flourence Bray
    Siblings: none
    Powers: Sophie can produce an invisble force shield around herself. Depending on how hard she concentrates, she can create just a bubble around herself or can project over several feet. She can also send these force out in a short burst that will push a person back from her, the distance depending mostly on how emotional (mostly scared or surprised) she is at that moment. These defensive sheilds only last the couple of seconds it takes to push a person away while the protective sheild can last for hours is Sophie is focused enough.
    How he/she got their powers: When walking her dogs through a local park woods, the young pups ran after a rabbit and yanked the leash from Sophie's grip. Sophie ran through the trees looking for her dogs, but tripped on a root and tumbled down a hill and into a small creek. Sophie was knocked out only for the few minutes it took Annie and Rosie to find her, but the water was contaminated with a radioactive sustance that had a strange affect on her mind, causing anything unwanted or disliked to not be able to come close to Sophie.
    Crush: Dev
    Dating: no one at the moment...
    Back Story: nothing interesting
    Weakness: Sophie can only shield away people and things that either scare her or that she distrusts. Therefore, if an enemy is approaching and tries to convince her that he/she isn't evil, then as Sophie's distrust of them fades, so does her force field. Also, is a trusted friend where to scare/surprise her, she may send a defensive sheild to push them away, but once she knows it's a friend, she can no longer use her power against them.
    Other: none that I can think of...

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:18 pm 
Famous one
Famous one

ooc//~ Bawww I like Shophie (:

R.I.P Jewel

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:52 pm 

ooc: Alright guys, now that we're all ready, I'll get started. We'll start at the party, so the character's can interact a bit more. :D

Loud music boomed from one of the collage dormitories, along with flashing lights and the laughter of happy teenagers. A sleek Ford Raptor slowly pulled up into the driveway. Wildly happy boys rolled out of the back hurrying up into the house, most just picking up a random girl as they went. Out of the driver's seat climb the campus heartthrob: Griffin Thompson. As he walked, a few girls stopped and turned to watch him. Griff didn't mind, he smiled and flipped his swooping black hair, making those girls giggle happily: and with that he chuckled and disappeared into the building: he wasn't interested in them, he was looking for one specific girl he enjoyed teasing with good humor.

Sig & Avie (c) Me