Animation Source Forums

=> Visit the Animation Source fansites!

Read the site rules!

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: The Live-Action Remake
PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2020 11:28 pm 

This January it was announced that a live action remake of Bambi was in the works at Disney. This article among many others explains it and all we know thus far.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/variety.co ... 79063/amp/

Since the information we currently have is very little all we can do is speculate and imagine. What are some things you would want to see in the remake and are you excited to see a new take on this classic film?

Post subject: Re: The Live-Action Remake
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2020 1:05 am 

I see this remake very sceptical, cause i'm already expecting, that this will have the same issues like the Lion King remake.
(The realism was set on 150% but Everything was so cold and unemotional) .

The first Bambi movie is one of the greatest masterpieces in the history and i'm absolutely sure, the remake can't keep up with the original movie.

I already have these visions about the mixed critics in the newspaper.
This Remake stuff doesn't make much sense...
It's like... Imagine in 1998, you've bought a Vauxhall Vectra, and in 1999, Vauxhall came up with a Facelift model...
You're looking at your Car and think ,,That looks old", you are selling your one year old Car, to get the same vehicle cause
it has different headlights now.... it's the same thing with Disney and the remakes.
The new movie is new, and the old movie is old... But literally, these movies are the same.

I'm sure, in the Year 2116, Disney will produce a remake of the remake then.

Post subject: Re: The Live-Action Remake
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2020 6:16 am 

I agree, this remake could be subject to be another uninspired carbon copy just like so many of the other remakes but the idea itself is such an interesting one. There's no way it could be anywhere near as incredible as the original Bambi but I'm still interested to see what direction they take with it. Maybe they'll weave in elements of the book or even Bambi II. Hopefully some things will be different, if they're going to make a remake hopefully it could at least be an interesting alternative take on one of Walt Disney's most incredible achievements.