Animation Source Forums

=> Visit the Animation Source fansites!

Read the site rules!

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: The Lion King on SNES
PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:24 pm 
Newcomer
Newcomer

I know this may sound stupid but I decided to post this anyway.

I freaking love videogames. Yes, I'm also a die-hard gamer and I would like to know if the videogame is really worth playing.

Thanks.

Post subject: Re: The Lion King on SNES
PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 7:47 pm 
Living here
Living here

I Don't have the game , but from What I've heard It's A hard Game that is Super fun to play. I would Personality Recommend it.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:54 pm 
Animation Source is my home!
Animation Source is my home!

I own the game. It's challenging. There's no saves so you'd have to beat it in one go, and you won't beat it on the first try, I promise you. It was back in the wee days when developers gave the consumer's their money's worth by making the game hard. While it's not as difficult like Ghosts 'N Goblins, it's a pretty good side scrolling plat-former.
I've only noticed one glitch, in the stage where it's the "I can't wait to be King!" stage, when you ride the Ostrich I once did a jump and jumped over a platform and lost the ostrich [which would normally follow you when you jump above a high platform, but I was too slow but didn't die] and could run normally without the ostrich. It only happened once but I never caught it on tape, and whenever I go to replay the game I try to perform this glitch but I've never been able to do it.

There's three "Stages", wikipedia describes it as :

"Cub Simba[edit]
Cub Simba can roar, jump on enemies and roll. All three are used to combat enemies and have different effects. Rolling can also be used to access hidden areas and dodge attacks.
Adult Simba[edit]
Adult Simba is stronger, can slash and maul, and he can throw instead of defeating his enemies by jumping on them. He also has a more formidable roar, but can no longer roll.
Timon and Pumbaa[edit|edit source]
During the course of the game, there are two bonus stages. In the first bonus stage, players control Pumbaa, eating bugs dropped by Timon without letting any good ones touch the floor. In the second bonus stage, players control Timon, searching the area for bugs within a time limit. Both will end prematurely if they come into contact with a bad bug (a spider)."

It's still pretty cheap, I recommend it for any fans or people who like a challenge.
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=the+lion+king+snes

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:55 pm 
Young pup

I can remember always getting stuck on the "I Just Can't Wait To Be King" level. That thing was RIDICULOUSLY tough! But still, good times, good memories. And really good midi music, too. <3

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 2:25 pm 
Young pup

This is one of my favorite video games . The hardest level I remember was ,, Hakuna Matata". But now I'm playing this and I'm in level 7 . The best levesl were ,, Just Can't Wait To Be King " and ,, King Of Pride Rock" .

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2022 9:37 am 

I like the game, but it's pretty challenging. So, if you're up for a pretty hard platformer, I'd recommend it. I got the combo pack with Aladdin on the Switch, and I'd recommend Aladdin too. (I do own SNES and Gensis copies of The Lion King in my Disney collection too though)

Petition to Give Scooby Doo and The Alien Invaders More Love:
https://www.ipetitions.com/petition/scoobydooaliens

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]