Animation Source Forums

=> Visit the Animation Source fansites!

Read the site rules!

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 535 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 36  Next
 Post subject: The *bug report* topic
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:37 pm 
Animation Source is my home!

As you can see, there has been a big update on the site. As a result, many things are probably messed up. But as I can't test everything myself, I need you to report the problems you encounter.

This is the topic where you should report the bugs you've found on the site. Please post a message with the following information :

- Brief title of the bug
- Description of what happens (especially gives the error messages, if there is any)
- What was expected instead
- Where does it happen? (which site, which page?) If possible, give the links you used / the information you entered / etc, to get to this bug.

Post subject: Re: The *bug report* topic
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:16 pm 
Newcomer
Newcomer

All of my comments have been deleted => profile comments are back

My new comments are in my whole gallery comments=> ??? which type of gallery? I need more precision. If it's for fanarts/ images, it should be corrected now.

All of my charries aren't featured in ANYTHING => should be corrected, although you may have to reassociate some of them

It says my charries are featured in a storm call gallery that doesn't even exist! => should be corrected

This is all on Balto Source

Please help

not sure what bug it is

Amazing Siggy and user bar by EveryoneLovesKoko AKA Nikki ^^

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:24 pm 

All TLK fan images deleated, it won't let me re-send, it says it's in another format when it's in PNG.
Happens on The Lion King Source, all images from every image G. Is removed it seems.

=> Can you try to see if sending works now? Also, the gallery should be there, although there may still be problems (lots of empty galleries, very few fan images galleries) If you can spot one gallery that is supposed to be there with fan art / images, and it doesn't show up or shows up empty, tell me which so I can check.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:27 pm 
Famous one
Famous one

Right, I'll number these hopefully it will be easier:

1. The colours of the regular members on every shout box is cyan as opposed to the normal pale yellow we were all used to (not to mention that the contrast is way too big and irritating for the eyes). => I have changed the background for BS temporarily, I'll see about the colors later
2. Shout Box moderators don't have their normal dark shade of green in any of the Tale Spin boxes. => they are not moderators there, so this is normal
3. The report button at the bottom of the Shout Box has disappeared. => this is normal, the report button appears when you click on a profile when you're on the shout boxes
4. The staff list is the one before the new staff changes took place. => should be OK now
5. In the moderator panel the "Moderators forum" along with the "Find / delete user" and "Manage comments on the site" don't go anywhere, saying that "Page cannot be found". Also in the moderator panel if you click on the "Moderators Shout box" you get directed to the normal site one. => I have deactivated them, I'll have to make them working again later (sorry...too many urgent things)
6. The topic line link and the link for the mods logs lead to a dead end as well, saying that "Page cannot be found". => same thing, will correct later
7. If you click on someone's user name the "Report member" option doesn't exist, just redirects directly to member's profile. => where exactly? It seems to work both on the shout boxes and the profiles - although the reported message wasn't displayed when reporting on the shout box, I have corrected that
8. The rules on the Shout Box have disappeared. => not really necessary anymore, the same rules apply everywhere on the sites
9. Are the SB mods supposed to moderate all 7 different boxes? => with the report option, yes - mods don't have to be on the shout boxes, they have to manage the reports instead. It's the same thing as site comments, for example.
10. Something Togo found: "Wrong use of redirect 301 for the index page, if you search "balto source" on google and click on the link that should bring to the homepage, it redirects to a non existing page: http://www.animationsource.org/balto/. Thus losing numerous positions on Google. TLKS should be checked for the same problem as well". => should be OK now

Last edited by Axel_Silverwolf on Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:39 pm 

AOL_user wrote:
This bug isn't that important... but ALL the comments on my BS profile are completely gone.

Along with that Fan character comments are gone as well. => should be OK now

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 5:05 pm 
Famous one
Famous one

Kohaku Zero wrote:
AOL_user wrote:
This bug isn't that important... but ALL the comments on my BS profile are completely gone.

Along with that Fan character comments are gone as well.

Actually, all the comments from everywhere are gone(except for the fan image/art ones, which have been moved to the general comment box in the gallery).

I think this is extreemly annoying, but not as much as the fact that, as mentioned before, the characters are featured in nothing, and all the people who have asked to used them have disappeared as well. I couldn't believe that I busted my butt to send in fan pics for each and every one of them so they wouldn't get deactivated, and now they don't have any pictures at all!

I realize this is a big change to the site, but seriously? I hope this gets fixed soon.

Good luck with this, steet. :lol:

=> I think I restored all of them now?

I will no longer be accepting Animation Source requests/trades, answering PMs, or sending in art. Unless I need to contact someone/do business on this site, all of my activity has been moved to DevArt.

Avie made by moi, sig made by Lone :3

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 5:32 pm 

In the articles section, there's two articles for each topic. :/

http://www.animationsource.org/balto/en ... id_film=10

=> should be corrected

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 5:42 pm 
Famous one
Famous one

My account won't stay logged in the forums, even though I click on the box that says "Log me on at each visit". My account stays logged in on the main Balto Source site, but not on the forums.

=> should be corrected

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:53 pm 
Living here
Living here

Not really a problem, just a little annoying...

-"Already Viewed Galleries" Bug
-You click on the button that says "click to mark all galleries as viewed" and nothing is done. Every single gallery is highlighted so you can't tell which galleries you've been to and who has new art or images.
-It's supposed to take the blue highlights away so you can tell who has new stuff.
-Happens when you click "click to mark all galleries as viewed", then go back. I don't have a link since it's one of those personal preference things, but it's easy to find.

=> should be OK now

-Articles/ Popular fanfics are missing
-The block that had the new articles and the top ten fanfics are gone.
-It's suppossed to be at the bottom of the page.
-It's on every site page...
=> yes, that's "normal" - I'll reactivate that later.

Last edited by larkspur on Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:17 pm 
Newcomer
Newcomer

Articles page search function does not work => should work now.

Must-see articles
i did this in 10 mins, by night demon dreams

, by Kodiwolf_285

Sapphire, by Spirit_wolf12

, by WhiteWolf--(WSP)

, by Balto_Sis

, by Spiritgal304

Ariasu, by Ligerstar

Search results

Warning: Missing argument 5 for addQuerySearch(), called in /home/steetboris/animsource/inc/articles.php on line 118 and defined in /home/steetboris/animsource/inc/ft/search_functions.php on line 498

Notice: Undefined variable: searchtext in /home/steetboris/animsource/inc/ft/search_functions.php on line 500

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/steetboris/animsource/inc/articles.php on line 148

Return
You wish to send an article? Click here!

and the slow loading is annoying.

and I just got this:

Auto-protection triggered

If you see this message it usually means that you are mirroring the site heavily, that you hit reload too fast or browse too many pages at once
When the server detects such behaviours it protects itself by locking you out temporarily.

Remember that you are not alone on the site, so slow down.

If you hit this message too often and think it's a mistake, contact the admin of the corresponding website.
Send him useful information like the full url of the page you were accessing, the date and time when it occured and your timezone.

9/9/09 10:13 pm EDT.

=> that can happen if you browse the site too quickly. Did you?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:39 pm 

1) When you log in and are redirected to the front news page, the page title says "Woops - page not found! - Balto Source"
=>Will correct later

2) The "Send to the site" options on BS have the icons of the LKS send options.
=> This is "normal" - for now, that is.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:43 pm 
Newcomer
Newcomer

Can there be a mass email sent out to all members notifying them of the change in URL's and giving them the new URL to the front page? Members reporting they were thinking BS was gone and having trouble finding the site. I didnt even know of the URL change until just a couple hours prior to it occurring this morning, and didnt know what the new URL even was until AFTER the switch over.

=> Redirections should work correctly, if it doesn't it's easy to find BS from the Animation Source site. Also, a news has been posted there, giving the new URLs.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:42 pm 

iWolf231 wrote:
My account won't stay logged in the forums, even though I click on the box that says "Log me on at each visit". My account stays logged in on the main Balto Source site, but not on the forums.

I experience the same thing when I try to log into the forums,so I have to say iWolf's correct.

Sig by Moki

I'm offering NO argument to any Animation Sourcer -Celtic Kate

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 535 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 36  Next