Animation Source Forums

=> Visit the Animation Source fansites!

Read the site rules!

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: the 2019 CGI remake by John Favreau
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:03 am 

The voice casting is ready (Beyonce becomes Nala, lol) and the date is set to june 19th in 2019.
I am really looking forward to this one and I hope it becomes a masterpiece, the Lion King deserves more attention.
Hyena Ed gets a new name and with that, I believe he gets another personality too, poor Ed :P
I haven't seen any conceptual art or footage yet, but maybe during 2018 they will reveal some.
What do you think about this movie, and what do you expect?

Post subject: Re: the 2019 CGI remake by John Favreau
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:23 am 
Animation Source is my home!
Animation Source is my home!

I'm personally looking forward to this remake as well. What I like about it the most is the fact that James Earl Jones will return as Mufasa, and the rumors tell there should be some same songs in the remake as in the original movie. Or at least similar. I've yet to see the Beauty And The Beast remake, but that alone looks really promising, and the new Jungle Book remake was really good.

As for trailers and such, there's been a ton of fake, fan made trailers of the remake on Youtube and I for one am getting rather frustrated and waiting for some ACTUAL footage and trailers. But, like you said, perhaps there'll be some at the beginning of next year. So yes, as a big fan of TLK I'm all rooting for this particular remake!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:47 am 
Beginner
Beginner

Although I'm a big TLK fan, I hardly care about this movie. It just seems pointless to me, especially since the lions are all going to be CGI. I'll probably watch the trailer when it comes out, but I doubt I'll watch the movie itself.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:36 pm 

personally I'm really curious what they will do with the soundtrack and songs, and I really hope that the lions won't be too generic. I hope that the whole scene of the waterhole and the "can't wait to be king" stuff gets used into the movie and that they don't cut that out. Because it's one of my favorite moments in the movie, since it is so happy :)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:08 pm 
Famous one
Famous one

The Lion King has always been my top favorite classic Disney film, so needless to say I'm really hyped for more TLK material!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:35 am 

I'm pretty excited about it. I don't particularly like that Beyonce is going to be Nala but meh, can't do much. I hear the plot is going to be darker, too. I am looking forward to seeing how they do that in particular. I also wonder if any of the deleted scenes will be added to this remake (some sort of adaptation of "The Madness of King Scar" would be a neat one).