Animation Source Forums

=> Visit the Animation Source fansites!

Read the site rules!

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: TaleSpin: To Reboot or Not to Reboot?
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:35 pm 
Young pup

With the reboot series of DuckTales on the horizon, it had opened the doors to the possibility of other Disney Afternoon shows being rebooted as well, as there has been much talk on the possibility of rebooting Darkwing Duck. Surely shows like Chip 'n Dale Rescue Rangers and TaleSpin wouldn't be too far behind, right?

Well, after seeing the new DuckTales' intro, and a few short clips, I have some mixed feeling about it. The animation looks too comic-bookish and the new character designs for Huey, Dewey and Louie is a departure from the classic designs of the three ducklings.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see something new out of an old classic TV show from the 90's, such as new adventures, new characters...new...designs?
:x No.... not if the designs are like that! Go back to the old one.

:D Yes! That's better. Thank you!

But seriously, if the new character designs are going to be THIS different for more rebooted character, I wouldn't want a TaleSpin reboot if they're going to change THIS much! Like I said, I would love to see new adventures and characters for TaleSpin, but at the same time, I would not want what happened to DuckTales happen to TaleSpin. Can you imagine what Kit and Molly would look like with THAT kind of character redesigning? *shudders*

Anyway, what are your thoughts and feelings on the recent reboots? Please comment below.

Post subject: Re: TaleSpin: To Reboot or Not to Reboot?
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:12 am 
Advanced
Advanced

KitCloudkicker52885 wrote:
With the reboot series of DuckTales on the horizon, it had opened the doors to the possibility of other Disney Afternoon shows being rebooted as well, as there has been much talk on the possibility of rebooting Darkwing Duck. Surely shows like Chip 'n Dale Rescue Rangers and TaleSpin wouldn't be too far behind, right?

Well, after seeing the new DuckTales' intro, and a few short clips, I have some mixed feeling about it. The animation looks too comic-bookish and the new character designs for Huey, Dewey and Louie is a departure from the classic designs of the three ducklings.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see something new out of an old classic TV show from the 90's, such as new adventures, new characters...new...designs?
:x No.... not if the designs are like that! Go back to the old one.

:D Yes! That's better. Thank you!

But seriously, if the new character designs are going to be THIS different for more rebooted character, I wouldn't want a TaleSpin reboot if they're going to change THIS much! Like I said, I would love to see new adventures and characters for TaleSpin, but at the same time, I would not want what happened to DuckTales happen to TaleSpin. Can you imagine what Kit and Molly would look like with THAT kind of character redesigning? *shudders*

Anyway, what are your thoughts and feelings on the recent reboots? Please comment below.

Honestly, I don't mind the new design of Ducktales characters nor the animation. It's fluid, exciting and the comic - like. So I hope TaleSpin reboot will be the same good by extending the untold parts of the lore, e. g. somen minor characters' origin stories and / or fixing some story or logical errors . :) And I also don't mind if the creators would experiment with the visuals in the pleasing way. :)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:16 pm 
Beginner
Beginner

A reboot of other Disney Afternoon shows probably depends on how well the new Ducktales series does. I'm pretty much open to the new character designs and voice actors, but will the new series have the same heart as the original?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:09 pm 
Young pup

I'm stoked about the upcoming DuckTales reboot. I too do not mind the new look or animation; I'm just glad they brought back one of my top favorite childhood shows.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:52 pm 

Talespin would be a great show to reboot.

Advertisement