Animation Source Forums

=> Visit the Animation Source fansites!

Read the site rules!

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 173 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next
 Post subject: Soaring across the land
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:37 pm 
Animation Source is my home!

Rules:
1.) This is not one big herd or a everyone is best friends kind of RP. Horses fight and breed and survive in the wild...This is real.
2.) Respect Site Rules
3.) Be realistic. No horse has powers or wings or anything.
4.) No god-modding/power-playing.
5.) No flawless horses
6.) Use fades to black if you're mating or giving birth, and no force mating.
7.) Don't kill another user's horse without their permission. If they say ok go ahead.
8.) Semi-literate, grammer good sized posts.(I will say somthing about it.)
9.) Give the other person a chance when your characters are fighting.
10.) No One Liners! 3 warnings and the next time you'll be kicked out of this RP!
11.) No being your own mate or crush please and thank you :)

Facts You Should Know:
A harem, or band/herd, consists of one stallion and a few mares. There is only one stallion in a band, and any colts will be kicked out at two years old. The stallion mates with all the mares during the spring, when they're in heat. Next spring, one year later, they will give birth to one foal, rarely twins. A few days after giving birth they will go into heat again and very seldom a mare will be in heat for the first few days of summer.

A lone mare is a mare or female yearling that does not belong to a herd, but in the spring there will be very few of these, because stallions fight over mares constantly. Mares are like prized possessions or trophies to a stallion.

A bachelor is a stallion or male yearling that has not yet started a herd of his own. Bachelors will sometimes join together to steal mares from herds or will walk alone, occasionally harassing band stallions until they manage to get a mare of their own.

A band stallion is the one and only stallion in a herd. He steals mares from other bands and mates with all the mares in the spring. He is also the one responsible for protecting his herd against predators and rival stallions. If a band stallion dies, the mares may either split up or the stallion's eldest son may take over the herd.

A lead mare is a mare that is chosen by the lead stallion to lead the herd to watering holes, and also takes the lead when they migrate to the canyon each year in the fall. She is bred by the band stallion.

A foal is a baby horse of either gender from 0-12 months old.

A yearling is a horse of either gender from the ages 1-3 years. Colts are kicked out at the age of two, and fillies may either leave to find a herd of their own, or stay.

A stallion is a male horse over the age of three years and a mare is a female horse over the age of three years.

Courting is a more gentle way to bring a mare into a herd, or to tell them where to go if a stallion is moving the band to a new location. A stallion will nudge the mare in the direction he wants her to go.

Snaking is a harsh way of getting a mare into a herd, and is how stallions steal mares from other stallions. The stallion will lower his head and flatten his ears, galloping behind the mare, chasing her into his herd. If a mare is being snaked, there is little she can do to resist the stallion before being forced to go where he wants you to.

If a mare is stolen from another herd, she may sneak back to her old harem if the band stallion has his back turned.(Uncommon)

Seasons:
(x)Spring, mares are in heat and it's warm and the days are nice and long.
( )Summer. Few mares are still in heat it's getting warmer. Most horses escape the heat by going to the watering hole.
( )Fall. It's getting cooler and the leaves are turning showing signs that winter is comming.
( ) Winter. It's cold and everyone is in the valley but this is the time when mares foal.

Bands:
Band Stallion: Neptune
Lead Mare:
Subordinate Mares:
Yearlings:
Foals:

Band Stallion: Genuine
Lead Mare:
Subordinate Mares: Raven and Nikki
Yearlings:
Foals: Esperanza, Ruby, Amber

Band Stallion:
Lead Mare:
Subordinate Mares:
Yearlings:
Foals:

Band Stallion:
Lead Mare:
Subordinate Mares:
Yearlings:
Foals:

Bachelors:

Lone Mares:

Forum:
Birth Name:
Preferred Nickname:
Breed:
Band/Rank:
Mares in herd:
Foals:
History [2+ lines]:
Theme Song:
Personality [2 lines]:
Looks:
Other:

My Characters:
Birth Name: Neptune
Preferred Nickname: Neptune
Breed: Mustang
Band/Rank: Painted Wind
Mares in herd:
Foals:
History [2+ lines]: I was born on the outskirts of Nevada along with my brother Saturn. We had a good life until we were chased away from our herd when we hit 2 years old. Mom didn't want to see us go but we knew that if we returned we would be beaten. We walked for days before we had met Raven and Nikki. They were all very nice and kind to us. Raven watched us while Nikki made sure we got what we needed.
Theme Song: I'm a Loser [The Beatles]
Personality [2 lines]: I'm very nice and easy to get along with. I love to run and have lots of fun but I do tend to show off a little bit when I get infront of some mares. I like swimming and winter time. Very fun and loving horse.
Looks: Image
Other: I do get defensive when it comes to my brother or herd.

Birth Name: Raven
Preferred Nickname: Raven, Ray
Breed: Friesian
Band/Rank: Lone Mare
Mares in herd:
Foals: Crow
History [2+ lines]: Me and my sister Nikki had escaped from a bredding farm two years earlier but soon had a new arrival join the escape. Nikki's foal. We have been traveling most the time when the met Saturn and Neptune. We talked and became friends but soon parted ways.
Theme Song: Lonely People [The Beatles]
Personality [2 lines]: I am very smart and love to sing and run around. I often stay protectivly over my filly but will tend to isolate all conact with other horses. I really want another friesian to be her father but I can't trust anyone anymore.
Looks:
Other: Touch my foal and I'll kill you.

Birth Name: Nikki
Preferred Nickname: Nik
Breed: Friesian
Band/Rank: Lone Mare
Mares in herd:
Foals: Esperanza
History [2+ lines]: Me and my sister Raven had escaped from a bredding farm two years earlier but soon had a new arrival join the escape. My foal. We have been traveling most the time when the met Saturn and Neptune. We talked and became friends but soon parted ways.
Theme Song: Paperback writer [The Beatles]
Personality [2 lines]: I am very protective and loving. My favorite place is under a shady willow tree with my foal close. I love swimming and prancing around, I used to be a show and breeding horse.
Looks:
Other: Whatever you do to my foal, I'mma do to you.

Last edited by SeptiplierAway on Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:15 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Soaring across the land
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:28 pm 
Advanced
Advanced

Birth Name: Skyline
Preferred Nickname: Genuine
Breed: Mustang
Band/Rank: Bachelor
Mares in herd: None
Foals: None
History [2+ lines]: Born and raised in a mysteriously kind herd Skyline hated his life. At the age of two he was glad to be kicked out and didn't even whinny a goodbye. Feeling he had more talent then most horses he decided to rename himeself Genuine. He now is off in search of a mare he will either snake but hopefully court
Theme Song: Don't know yet
Personality [2 lines]: Strong-willed and bold Genuine prefers to stand out from the crowd and will do anything to breed a mare. He follows the barren tracks left from other horses along the outskirts of his homeland with a mysterious glint in his eye. His mood is sometimes unpredictable
Looks: He is a midnight black with hazel eyes.
Other: Touch me and you will fall! Genuine rules supreme!

My Garphic Shop

newpay.aspx]Image[/url]

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:44 pm 

OOC: Accepted

Last edited by SeptiplierAway on Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:54 pm 
Advanced
Advanced

OOC: Do we RP here?

My Garphic Shop

newpay.aspx]Image[/url]

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:42 pm 

OOC: Yeah.

Neptune:
I galloped freely around my territory. I loved being free but there was also a part of me that wanted so badly to be with my long time companion, Spirit Wolf. I let my thoughts wander for a while before stopping and rearing up. Smiling.

Last edited by SeptiplierAway on Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:46 pm 
Advanced
Advanced

Genuine or "Skyline" his mother had called him cantered around a wide and lushes field unaware it belonged to anyone he cantered over to the lead stallion and froze.

My Garphic Shop

newpay.aspx]Image[/url]

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:26 pm 

Neptune:
I reared up. I let my hooves pound against the ground and snorted. Whinning and pawing at the ground, I had watched over Raven and Nikki with their kids earlier and he reminded me of how Crow acted first time he met me. I chased him until he got out of my territory and whinnied deeply. I was in no mood to share my land and certainly not with any stallion.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:38 pm 
Advanced
Advanced

OOC: Please don't powerplay. Give my charrie a chance to fight back then he'll learn a lesson.

IC: Genuine allowed himself to be herded off but only for a short time. He had to learn to show who was boss! He ran at a full blown gallop and returned to Neptune. Rearing wildly he aimed to neck-catch him.

OOC(AGAIN) Neck-catch is when a stallion trys to wrap his legs around another horses neck and then begins to head-butt.

My Garphic Shop

newpay.aspx]Image[/url]

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:46 pm 

OOC: KK, my bad. And oh okay.

Neptune:
I wasn't giving up my land, I joined in the neck catch and just tried my best. I wasn't a fighter. I was more of the sweet and kind type but if this stallion wanted war than thats what he was going to get. I could see out of the corner of my eye that my brother Saturn was watching with pinned ears. Raven and Nikki were watching too but they were a little farther away.

Last edited by SeptiplierAway on Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:53 pm 
Advanced
Advanced

Genuine backed up noticing Nikki out the corner of his eye. He nickered deviously and layed his ears back and began to give chase to the unsuspecting mare.

My Garphic Shop

newpay.aspx]Image[/url]

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:58 pm 

Nikki:
I had Esperanza to worry about. Rather than run I stood my ground best I could. I didn't care what he did to me as long as Esperanza was alright. I snorted and reared up. I hated the fact that there were no nice guys anymore. I bucked like I was truly wild but in my heart, Ashley was still my owner. I watched as my sister Raven started to do the same. Raven was my big sister and she cared for me as much as I cared for her.

Last edited by SeptiplierAway on Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:01 pm 
Advanced
Advanced

Genuine snapped his jaws together staring at Raven. Looking at Ezperanza he snorted and began to chase her. As soon as the young filly had been distanced he would return to Nikki and she would become his!

My Garphic Shop

newpay.aspx]Image[/url]

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:04 pm 

Nikki:
I wasn't letting Espy go to far. I chased him, nipping and snorting. Esperanza returned to my side and he would have to kill me to get her. I was a whole 4,678lbs. and I knew exactly what to do with that weight. I bucked harder and came close to getting him but all I hit was air. Esperanza galloped to Raven and Raven guarded her and Crow. Unlike me, Raven was more ruthless and she was more prone to bite and ask questions later. I bucked harder and harder.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:07 pm 
Advanced
Advanced

The thought screamed inside his head harder then any thought had.'The girl is mine'! He neighed as loudly and agressively as he could and kicked at Neptune hoping he wouldn't fail.

OOC: Just to be clear that wasn't powerplaying because I said 'hoping he wouldn't fail' and the whole 'the girl is mine' thing he isn't talking just thinking.

My Garphic Shop

newpay.aspx]Image[/url]

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:10 pm 

Neptune:
I snorted deeply, long enough that it hurt my throat. I bit at him and then thought about Nikki. She isn't in my herd. Bucked hard. If thats what this battle is about then Bit at him again. your wasting your time! I finally nicked him on the neck.

Last edited by SeptiplierAway on Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 173 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next