Animation Source Forums

=> Visit the Animation Source fansites!

Read the site rules!

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Site Text Editor
PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:30 pm 
Animation Source is my home!

I just got done having one heck of a time with my profile...

If anyone hasn't noticed, there is a new text editor for when you edit your profile, ask a question, send PMs, etc. This new updated text editor doesn't seem to have the ability to justify the text to the left, right or center of the page. All we can do is "indent", which is a completely useless feature where the profiles are concerned (for some reason the text is automatically centered on the profiles). This is what lead me to rant about this new text editor. I don't like the text in my profile being centered in the middle, I think it looks messy. With the old text editor I discovered that you could insert this code: "<p align="left">" into the "source" tab to justify the text to the left, which did work. But now? Nope. The editor deletes the code when you insert it.

After messing around with this text editor for awhile I was able to restore my profile to the way it was. But it seems that, in order for that to work, I have to copy the HTML code from the editor, open Notepad and add the align left tag that way. This also means that if I want to update my profile I have to open up Notepad and type in HTML. Otherwise if I just edit in my profile, even if I just make a word bold, it messes the whole thing up and I have to go back and paste in the code. That is a COMPLETE inconvenience.

I'm going to have to be completely honest here, this text editor is a complete fail.

Post subject: Re: Site Text Editor
PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:23 am 
Living here
Living here

I agree 100%. What's more curious it that it just appeared out of NOWHERE; one moment the old one was there, and the next this new one. The hay?

It's annoying, and like you said, unless you know HTML coding then there's just no way to edit your profile like you used to. (I might also mention the "Source" page, where you have to get to to use the coding, is off-color; the text blends in with the background unless you highlight it.)

I'm sure this was an "update" that the company in charge of the text editor made, because Steet certainly wasn't on anytime today when it showed up. But still, this is annoying at best, and disastrous at worst.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:21 am 

"It's annoying, and like you said, unless you know HTML coding then there's just no way to edit your profile like you used to."

This shouldn't be too much a problem with people don't have their profile setup like the way I do. But I do see people who tend to get more fancy with their character pages having problems.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:36 pm 
Living here
Living here

I hadn't considered that, but now that you mention it, yes that would be a problem.

It would also be a problem for people who write their fanfics online instead of on a Word document (which is easiest, but to each their own). Again, just thought of this.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:58 am 

Okay, this topic needs to be bumped...

Last night, when I was attempting to make changes to my profile presentation, I yet again found myself fighting with the text editor... When I made some changes to the first paragraph of my profile, some of the text ended up with gaps between the words. I also noticed this happening in the second paragraph as well. This once again relates to the justification issue that this text editor seems to have. While the text is fine if you don't justify it, the only other solution I found to get around this is to change the font to something other than verdana (the default). I will also note that I attempted to paste in a back-up of my profile and everything ended up justified to the center of my profile. This makes no sense to me whatsoever. While I was messing around last week with this editor to try and figure this thing out, pasting in the html worked. While I was able to correct that, I find it pretty pathetic that this editor works one day but not the next.

This editor is not user friendly, and I think it's time to get rid of it and install one that actually works.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:50 pm 

SkulShurtugalTCG wrote:
I agree 100%. What's more curious it that it just appeared out of NOWHERE; one moment the old one was there, and the next this new one. The hay?

It's annoying, and like you said, unless you know HTML meilleurs credits immo coding then there's just no way to edit your profile like you used to. (I might also mention the "Source" page, where you have to get to to use the coding, is off-color; the text blends in with the background unless you highlight it.)

I'm sure this was an "update" that the company in charge of the text editor made, because Steet certainly wasn't on anytime today when it showed up. But still, this is annoying at best, and disastrous at worst.

To me it's a mix both something good and bad.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 7:20 am 

stephg007 wrote:
SkulShurtugalTCG wrote:

It's annoying, and like you said, unless you know HTML meilleurs credits immo coding then there's just no way to edit your profile like you used to. (I might also mention the "Source" page, where you have to get to to use the coding, is off-color; the text blends in with the background unless you highlight it.)
paris shuttle airports

To me it's a mix both something good and bad.

Hi, i agree with you