Animation Source Forums

=> Visit the Animation Source fansites!

Read the site rules!

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Re: Should they add more parts with Jenna in the movie?
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 3:22 am 
Beginner
Beginner

I agree. it´s the same with all the movies except the first one. every time when balto goes for a journey he says to jenna not to go.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 7:54 am 
Famous one
Famous one

valto wrote:
I agree. it´s the same with all the movies except the first one. every time when balto goes for a journey he says to jenna not to go.

Balto doesn't want Jenna to get hurt probably, that might be why Balto tells her not to go with him. Remember what happened in the first film? She hurt herself when she saved him from the grizzly bear, and I guess since Jenna also has a human that would be worried about her, Balto thought it would be best fr her not to join him to find Aleu or to save the pilot.

But of course, the real reason why she wasn't with Balto to find their daughter was because the film was more focused on Balto and Aleu's wolf-like looks and qualities. Jenna was with him in spirit at least, but it was best if she wasn't there. We all know she would also be against Aleu's decision of joining a wolf pack, just like her father was (and probably for the same reasons too).

Besides, Jenna's main role was to be the mother of Balto's six children - the nurturer of the family. As much as we'd love to see her on her own adventure, it is clearly shown that that is not her problem. Although she knew of Aleu's heritage, it would probably be more difficult for her to explain to Aleu why she was the only one born that looked more wolf. That was meant for Balto to do, which leads to Aleu's quest of self. I do agree that Jenna is misunderstood and underused as a character in the sequels, but I guess that's the sacrifice she had to be willing to give when she became a mother.

I also do agree about one thing they should have added to Wolf Quest: Jenna's reaction to Balto returning without Aleu with him. Boy, would she be ticked! XD

- Juuchan17

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 4:49 pm 
Famous one
Famous one

gold kitty wrote:
I don't know.. This movie wouldn't be better...

Good point. Jenna being in the movie more (as in, Jenna traveling with Balto to find Aleu) would only make her get in the way. Note, the film is subtitled as "Wolf Quest", not anything dealing with huskies. Sure, Jenna is Aleu's mother, but she wouldn't understand the purpose of having wolf blood inside her because she is a purebred husky.

Lunari wrote:
I agree,Jenna should take a more important role in the movie(s)

You may not think she was important in the films, but she really was, even though she wasn't exactly an active part of the films. Think about it:

In "Balto", Jenna saved Balto's life from the grizzly bear and helped warm him after Muk and Luk saved him from the freezing ice water. If Steele hadn't returned with Jenna's bandanna, she wouldn't have made that large version of the Northern Lights above the town, proving that she hadn't lost hope in him.

In "Wolf Quest", Jenna was being a typical mother, worried about her daughter all alone in the forest without any way to protect herself. Although she was told twice that this was something Balto and Aleu had to do together, she had faith in them, knowing that they would do the right thing. I guess when you become a parent, things change (especially for Balto).

In "Wings of Change", she gave Balto courage to lead the mail team, even though he was more worried about letting down Kodi's feelings if they lost because he knew he couldn't beat the plane. Also, it was because of her strong and strict words that helped Kodi realize that he should have trusted his father instead of following suit with his friends. He was able to stand up to his sled mates and they eventually ended up saving his father and Duke's life from the snowy cliff. Jenna's strength and belief in her son and mate helped save the day.

So, I hope this helps. Jenna is a crucial part of the films, but she's not that big of a major role.

- Juuchan17

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 5:06 pm 
Living here
Living here

It did make sense for Balto to go by himself, what with him having the wolfblood in him but Jennna should have definetly had some focus as well

http://squival.deviantart.com/

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 4:26 pm 
Animation Source is my home!

It was Boris that stopped Jenna from going after Balto and Aleu. :wink:

Sig by Moki

I'm offering NO argument to any Animation Sourcer -Celtic Kate

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 4:27 pm 

Of course! Jenna had such a minor part in WQ. She should of at least tried to help look for Aleu or had a reaction to Aleu joining a wolf pack. She wouldn't have been happy, but more willing to accept it. Jenna would of run off after Aleu anyway - she ran off after Balto in B1. WQ just made her look willing to give in, when she's not :/.

WoC was slightly better. There were bits with Jenna in it, and her singing was nice, but she should have done the Aurora Borealis trick Balto taught her to show she still had hope for them.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 2:15 pm 
Famous one
Famous one

i thought they should of, and steele too, i mean they show those stupid polar bears as much as him, and he is balto arch enemy!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 6:33 am 
Newcomer
Newcomer

I think Jenna must be a main part in every movie because when she was in Balto Movie, she was the main character for Balto. But, her part changed in Balto 2 and Balto 3. So, what I mean is Jenna should take some adventure with Balto.