Animation Source Forums

=> Visit the Animation Source fansites!

Read the site rules!

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Salutations! Would like some help with a story of mine
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:28 am 
Newcomer
Newcomer

Alrighty, I go by the name Ryushi, you can call me Ryu, just a nickname that I acquired over the long time I've used the name Ryushi. Just thought you'd like to know, but if you don't really care that's fine too.

A little about me: My real name is Dan, I guess you can call me that too, or some related derived nickname of my real name you can think of, and would like to label me by, such as Danny, Danny Boy, Dan the Man, etc, etc. Care to know more about me? Just ask either in forums or through the comment system on profiles.

Alright, so here's my story idea I've been working on for a while:

After I did some sleuthing around on the background of the time era, or specific year the original All Dogs go to Heaven film, I discovered that it actually takes place almost right before the USA had entered World War II (1939, to be exact). So I thought to myself: Attack dogs were used in World War II, right? So, what if Charley becomes enlisted into the military, by accident or by his new owner, in short: becoming an attack dog, or a dog that was used to hunt down POWs. I've got a few more ideas, but I don't quite want to spill all the 'beans', yet. So I hope you like my idea(s) and have some suggestions!]

PS Sorry for the tad of an awkward introduction.

Post subject: Re: Salutations! Would like some help with a story of mine
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:56 am 
Newcomer
Newcomer

Bump... Some help/opinions would be dearly appreciated! Please?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:52 pm 
Advanced
Advanced

Sounds like a cool story! Only problem is that Charlie dies after the first movie ends, so if the movie did take place in 1939 he would have died just as WWII was getting started (and 2 years before the US would enter WWII) But still, it's your story, make up whatever you like! I'll be sure to read it if you do make it!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:58 pm 
Newcomer
Newcomer

BaltoTrain1996 wrote:
Sounds like a cool story! Only problem is that Charlie dies after the first movie ends, so if the movie did take place in 1939 he would have died just as WWII was getting started (and 2 years before the US would enter WWII) But still, it's your story, make up whatever you like! I'll be sure to read it if you do make it!

I perfectly understand that, I've seen all the films, minus the Christmas one. He would of course had either: escaped from Heaven to help with his 'boredom' as indicated through the second movie, no matter how screwed up the timeline was in the second movie. And for the other possible reason, it could be that Isabelle sends him back to Earth to investigate this new global conflict.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 10:23 am 
Newcomer
Newcomer

Some extra help/opinions would be really appreciated. Please?? Would just love some more input!