Animation Source Forums

=> Visit the Animation Source fansites!

Read the site rules!

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: RP Help Thread *TailSpin Verson*
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:45 pm 
Animation Source is my home!
Animation Source is my home!

Alright, I already posted something like this over in the Other RP sections, so I'm posting one here as well.

Alright, first off, I know this isn't a roleplay, I would've put this in the Request catagory but that's limited to Fanart. Anyway, onto the reasoning for this. I had writer's block before when it comes to my own roleplay plots (who hasn't?) but I've been able to help out a few of my friends when it comes to making their plot ideas during those times. So I got the idea that maybe other people would benefit from this. The way this works is if you're having trouble thinking up a roleplay plot or need a little help getting your imagination flowing, post it here and ask others to help you with the idea. I'd prefer once someone has accepted to help you, you and that person discuss it via PM. You may be asking 'why not just PM one of my friends for help?' Simple, your friends might not be intrested in your idea, this way you can meet people you might have never RPed with before and not only might you end up with a cool RP, you might end up with a new friend.

The second thing you may do with this tread is post ideas you came up with but don't plan on actually making, basically putting them up for other people that can do something with them to take and make into an RP of there own. This may help those really good at writing but trouble with thinking up plots.

Third is post the kind've RPs you like, that way should someone be looking for members to invite to their roleplay, they can find you easily and ask instead of being limited to your close friends.

Anyway, last but not least, BE RESPECTFUL!!! Do not steal anyones RP idea unless they put it up for someone else to use, I will pay attention to this and if this occures, I will alter a Mod. And if someone posts an RP idea you don't like, don't be rude and say it. If you can offer constructive critism, do so.

If you have an RP that you need more people for, you may posting a link and a brief summery to attract people to your RP.

I hope this ends up helpping people. I'll also try to get some good RPers I know to assist me in assisting you.

Post subject: Re: RP Help Thread *TailSpin Verson*
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:43 am 
Beginner
Beginner

1st off I like your avitar. It reminds me of a charator in a book series I'm reading-Tamora Peirce's "Immortals". Your avi looks like how I pictured the Badger god. Anyhoo, back on subject: I was wanting to start an RP on here, but all the ideas I have noone'll get the references I make. So I was hoping for insperation or to join an RP, it seems as the TS RP I joined has been inactive for a while.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:56 pm 
Advanced
Advanced

I must say it definitely has. There are not many RPers in the TaleSpin part of this site. If anything it's probably just you and I who are. I say go ahead and start a new one. :) I'll help you out. if you're out of ideas I could try and give you some.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:19 pm 
Beginner
Beginner

Thanks. I think we should brainstorm a bit before jumping into an RP, that way the storyline will make more sence. So, Are either of us gonna take Baloo's role? I think I can do Rebecca's because I've RP'ed as her before. Also I have a character I'd like to use. A 6' 4" Grey wolf named Tim. I figured he could fly something like a Ford Trimotor or a Junkers JU-52, something like that, but modified for water landings. I think it'd be fun to have a small rivalry between Tima nd Baloo, at least at first.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:49 pm 
Advanced
Advanced

Sounds like a good idea. Maybe we can center the story around a cargo race/competition or something. If we can't find anyone to do Baloo, I could give him a shot. I'd like to make an OC but I'd rather fill out important roles first. ^^

For the story maybe there can be like an old colleague/friend of Rebecca running a similar business and the route Baloo and Tim have are identical? To give premise for a quick Rivalry to spark.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:15 pm 
Beginner
Beginner

I've never done any RP before. It sounds like it maybe fun. :alien: How do you go about it?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:14 pm 
Beginner
Beginner

These ideas are what I was fishing for, you guys are good. I like the idea of having a rival company running a similar route. and I'd be ok with everyone having up to three or four char's so that way more roles get filled quicker.
So far we have Rebecca and Tim, possibly Baloo But that slot is still open, correct?
We need:
The owner of the rival company, maybe a sidekick for Tim?, and whoever else you think would add fun/plot twists/exitement to the RP (ex: Don Karnage, Sher Khan, other).

What should we call the RP so I can make the RP thread once we've made the plans and got all the roles filled?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 4:02 pm 
Beginner
Beginner

What do ya'll need me to be?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:26 pm 
Beginner
Beginner

Well, whatever you'd like to be, but if you wanted to you could be the owner of the company Tim flies for. Or if you don't want that, there's the opening for Tim's sidekick, and as always a few blank slots if you'd come up with a totaly unique char.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:09 am 
Advanced
Advanced

Honestly i'm not so good with names and titles. Perhaps something simple but brings out the nature of the RP. The easiest for twist in action is Don Karnage.

Out of topic: Pardon my absence. School got me.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:32 am 
Beginner
Beginner

As for the title of the RP, I'm sure I could come up with something, like "High flying heroes" Or, "The new plane in town." Something like that. And don't worry about the absence thing, I hardly get any free time myself, but when I do I take advantage of it, like the evil little wolf I am :wink: