Animation Source Forums

=> Visit the Animation Source fansites!

Read the site rules!

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 140 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Project : Get more people to know Balto Source
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:04 pm 
Newcomer
Newcomer

I can tell people about balto and this site at my school. Plus i think this is a great idea!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:30 pm 
Young pup

I like it!!! :D

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:47 pm 
Living here
Living here

I tried to get my brother on here. It... didn't work......... I will still keep trying!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:41 pm 
Newcomer
Newcomer

aww Lakoata :wink:

What We Decide Today And Do Tommorow Define US

Change Favours The Prepared Mind

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:04 pm 
Beginner
Beginner

I really want to get someone on here but everyone i try to get on sooner or later leaves all of a sudden

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:30 pm 
Famous one
Famous one

already doing that! haha! i've already spread it as far as morongo valley to grand terrace!

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 9:42 pm 
Newcomer
Newcomer

This is a very alluring project. It would be my honor to serve in this sites quest to make Balto and this sites name know. Indeed, I'm already attempting to call a portion of friends that might be interested to join.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 3:22 pm 

Maybe if there was an animated T.V. Series on Nick or Cartoon Network, it would gain more support.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 3:36 pm 
Animation Source is my home!

That's highly unlikely to happen. Over the years of fans asking for a fourth film, and a special edition DVD, Universal has made it clear that they have no interest in Balto anymore. Besides, cartoon series of films are generally bad.

The Balto fandom has pretty much fizzled due to the age of the film. There are still fans around, though they've left this site for various reasons. But the biggest reason for leaving was the mismanagement of the staff, trolling, and drama that has occurred on here for years. Any "fans" that are here (and this doesn't apply to everyone) now are not fans in my opinion. Creating characters (badly made ones), rendering, and role-playing seems more like a game to me. One of those online pet games. This applies to other Sources as well.

That aside, older users have been making appearances lately. Whether or not they decide to stay is their decision (most of the older users are grown now, so they have their lives to contend with), but it's a refreshing sight to see. And even though AS isn't as active as it used to be, I would rather it be quiet than filled with drama.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:17 am 

Mightybalto1925 wrote:
That's highly unlikely to happen. Over the years of fans asking for a fourth film, and a special edition DVD, Universal has made it clear that they have no interest in Balto anymore. Besides, cartoon series of films are generally bad.

The Balto fandom has pretty much fizzled due to the age of the film. There are still fans around, though they've left this site for various reasons. But the biggest reason for leaving was the mismanagement of the staff, trolling, and drama that has occurred on here for years. Any "fans" that are here (and this doesn't apply to everyone) now are not fans in my opinion. Creating characters (badly made ones), rendering, and role-playing seems more like a game to me. One of those online pet games. This applies to other Sources as well.

That aside, older users have been making appearances lately. Whether or not they decide to stay is their decision (most of the older users are grown now, so they have their lives to contend with), but it's a refreshing sight to see. And even though AS isn't as active as it used to be, I would rather it be quiet than filled with drama.

Is that why there's a bunch of 20 something year olds? I was just wondering. And it's cool to see a post updated for the first time in over 4 years.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:27 am 

Corndog101 wrote:
Mightybalto1925 wrote:

Is that why there's a bunch of 20 something year olds? I was just wondering. And it's cool to see a post updated for the first time in over 4 years.

The film came out in 1995, Corn. Of course the audience that grew up with the film is going to be in their 20's or 30's... There are, and have been, users on here that are older than that. But whatever the age, why question it? There's no age limit on this site.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 12:47 pm 

Mightybalto1925 wrote:
Corndog101 wrote:
Mightybalto1925 wrote:

The film came out in 1995, Corn. Of course the audience that grew up with the film is going to be in their 20's or 30's... There are, and have been, users on here that are older than that. But whatever the age, why question it? There's no age limit on this site.

Yeah true. I'm 16 and I'd joined this site back when I was 14 and I feel like sometimes I'm one of the youngest fans on this site despite being a teenager.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 140 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next