=> Visit the Animation Source fansites!

Read the site rules!

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Please read! Dead/Closed roleplays! [Upd: 22nd Jan 10]
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 11:04 am 
Famous one
Famous one

Update 5:

The information below the line is outdated.

All completed roleplays are to be reported to the moderators so that they can be moved to the new Roleplaying Archives that were recently added to the forums (regardless of RP type).

All roleplays that have been inactive for 150 days should be reported to the moderators and they will either be moved or deleted.

The [DRP] tags, while still encouraged, is no longer necessary to use; simply PM a moderator to have your RP moved to the Archives where it is safe* from deletion.

* Please do document the RP on your computer still as the Archive is still new and we are not currently able to guarantee that the RP will stay there forever.

Code: Select all
[size=150]Update 4:[/size]  Changed the benchmark to 150.  These days it's hard to really tell quality rps from those that just waste space though, so the best thing to do is just not let you rp fall back that far.  I'm human and I make mistakes, so if the database is really backed up, I might just delete the ones that are at least 150 posts long anyway.  Bottom line, if you want your rp/or are still interested in it, try to keep it alive.

[size=150]Update 3:[/size] All roleplays which are on page 5 or lower upon the time of board clearing and which are fewer than 150 posts long (I've determined that 150 posts is a good benchmark for a 'long' roleplay) will be automatically deleted from now on. Roleplays which are longer than 150 posts will be saved for three days and a pm similar to the following will be sent to the owner of the roleplay.

[quote="Aniu Caelestis [from several pms sent today"]Your rp is on the last page of the roleplaying section because it has been inactive for 4 months. It has been saved from the mass deletion of other inactive roleplaying topics because of it is a long roleplay (roleplays over 120 posts are considered long roleplays). To keep it from being deleted, you should keep roleplaying in it regularly. If your roleplay is inactive for a reason, such as you are finished and/or using the posts in the roleplay in order to write a story, draw a picture, or for some other means, then please respond to this pm at once to avoid its deletion. If you plan to continue roleplaying in it, then respond within three days, or it will be removed from the database.

-Aniu Caelestis, the Roleplaying Section Mod[/quote]

If after this pm is sent to the owner, said owner does not either respond to the pm and try to remind all roleplayers involved in the rp about it, then the roleplay will be deleted to save space on the database. If the owner responds and says that they are documenting the rp, then it will be left and the owner will be required to flag the rp with [DRP] in the title, so that it will not be deleted. The owner will also be required to pm either Wolflux or Aniu once the documentation process has been completed.

This, of course, does not apply to any roleplay which already has [DRP] flagged in the title.

[size=150]Update: All roleplays which are being documented are to be flagged [DRP] in their title, as of which, the topic will not be deleted![/size]
(DRP stands for "Documenting RolePlay")

[size=150]Update: Roleplays which hasn't been posted in for at least two weeks will be declared inactive/dead and locked. You may PM a roleplaying mod to unlock it again, if you wish it revived. But, seriously, we're going to try to keep the roleplaying forums as clean and active as possible, but to a certain extent, and we don't have time to run around locking 10ths of threads each day ;) So, as read underneath; please report inactive roleplays to us.[/size]

[color=#FF0000]Changed to two weeks.[/color]

Hello,
We RP mods are working hard on checking roleplaying threads, locking and deleting dead or closed roleplays all day 'round, which in turn is very tiring.
So, I, on behalf of Aniu Caelestis (and probably Dark_Wolf as well), wish that you might help us with our jobs.

[quote="Wolflux [Moderator ShoutBox]"]Aniu, should I make a post in both RP sections that encourages roleplayers to report dead roleplays/report own roleplay as closed/dead, so we can lock/delete em, perhaps?
[/quote]

[quote="Aniu Caelestis [Moderator ShoutBox]"]I think that might be a good idea. I've made comments about that issue in topics I've posted before, but few people ever actually think to follow through.
[/quote]

So, we're now encouraging all of you to help us with this, by PM'ing me, Aniu Caelestis or Dark_Wolf when you come over a dead/closed roleplay which should be locked/deleted.
And please, people, if you're closing your roleplay, or your own roleplay is dead and you have no intention of reviving it, PM us so we can lock/delete it.
Your help is greatly appreciated.

Post subject: Re: Please read! Dead/Closed roleplays! [Updated 2 times]
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 5:46 pm 
Famous one
Famous one

I'd like to give the moderator who deleted my "Sing To Me My Love" roleplay a piece of my mind.

The roleplay clearly said "DOCUMENTING" on it. It said it in the title, and in the first post of the topic. And I believe the last post I made in there even said I was, too !!! I was STILL documenting it. Now all that work, is lost. And I am not the only one upset about this. Swords is a bit upset, and I know Tibby is too. We all worked hard on that roleplay. I closed it because I prefer to not bother coming in here anymore. And I was documenting it so I could write the story for it. But now it's all gone.

I didn't get any notice of it being ready to get deleted. I don't come here often anymore, and the only way people can get my attention is if I get a PM. Well, I didn't get one. And I don't know if any of you posted in there that you planned on it, sense it's deleted now.. but otherwise I had no idea that it was. I check my PM box about every 3-5 days, and that's it. I got NOTHING about it.

I am extremely angry, and would like that next time that one of you moderators go to delete one, then to PM the maker of the roleplay... ESPECIALLY IF THE TOPIC SAYS IT'S BEING DOCUMENTED.

Thankchuz.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 6:07 pm 
Animation Source is my home!
Animation Source is my home!

I really don't blame MayaHuskee one bit for feeling the way she does about her documented RP being deleted.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 12:11 am 
Famous one
Famous one

MayaHuskee™ wrote:
I'd like to give the moderator who deleted my "Sing To Me My Love" roleplay a piece of my mind.

The roleplay clearly said "DOCUMENTING" on it. It said it in the title, and in the first post of the topic. And I believe the last post I made in there even said I was, too !!! I was STILL documenting it. Now all that work, is lost. And I am not the only one upset about this. Swords is a bit upset, and I know Tibby is too. We all worked hard on that roleplay. I closed it because I prefer to not bother coming in here anymore. And I was documenting it so I could write the story for it. But now it's all gone.

I didn't get any notice of it being ready to get deleted. I don't come here often anymore, and the only way people can get my attention is if I get a PM. Well, I didn't get one. And I don't know if any of you posted in there that you planned on it, sense it's deleted now.. but otherwise I had no idea that it was. I check my PM box about every 3-5 days, and that's it. I got NOTHING about it.

I am extremely angry, and would like that next time that one of you moderators go to delete one, then to PM the maker of the roleplay... ESPECIALLY IF THE TOPIC SAYS IT'S BEING DOCUMENTED.

Thankchuz.

I can do nothing, but apologize for the problems caused by this deletetion (on behalf of the other roleplaying moderators). There seems to have been a slight glitch in the system we roleplaying moderators have created, which is unfortunate. I will work to get that "glitch" fixed as quickly as possible.
Until we can come to a better solution, all roleplays being documented can be flagged as "DRP" (which stands for Documenting RolePlay), and it shall not be deleted.

Once again, I am sorry for the inconvenience caused by this.

Anyhow, a good advice when documenting roleplays; copy-paste all the posts into a document on your computer for backup, to prevent this from happening again.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 2:23 pm 
Famous one
Famous one

Ultima Wolflux wrote:
Anyhow, a good advice when documenting roleplays; copy-paste all the posts into a document on your computer for backup, to prevent this from happening again.

That IS what I was doing. But someone deleted the topic before I could so forth finish that.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:43 am 
Famous one
Famous one

MayaHuskee™ wrote:
Ultima Wolflux wrote:

That IS what I was doing. But someone deleted the topic before I could so forth finish that.

As much as I can see how frustrating this is, there is absolutely no way of retrieving your topic once it has been deleted, so I am unable to give you much help.
The best thing to do, would be to speak with those who roleplayed with you, and see if they can remember anything, rewrite it, or take what's documented, and use your imagination.

Post subject: Re: Please read! Dead/Closed roleplays! [Updated 3 times]
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 6:56 pm 
Famous one
Famous one

What if your about to lock it and then there is a new post? Will you still lock if we didn't pm you?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 6:35 am 
Famous one
Famous one

emily123 wrote:
What if your about to lock it and then there is a new post? Will you still lock if we didn't pm you?

Then the roleplay is given a week before it will be locked. Bump posts doesn't count as "keeping the RP alive", neither does deletion and then posting the same message anew in a roleplay. In other words; if the roleplay doesn't continue, it will be locked.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 3:01 pm 
Famous one
Famous one

See update number 3, concerning the deletion of old/inactive topics on page 5 or higher.

Post subject: Re: Please read! Dead/Closed roleplays! [Upd: 22nd Jan 10]
PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:08 am 
Famous one
Famous one

Updated the original post.