Animation Source Forums

=> Visit the Animation Source fansites!

Read the site rules!

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Official written continuation for "Frozen - coming in 2015
PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:32 pm 
Famous one
Famous one

So, despite Disney and ABC working together to bring "Frozen" into the world of its fairy tale world-meets-reality drama "Once Upon A Time" next season, I just learned that there is a "Frozen" chapter book series in the works!

Entitled "Anna & Elsa: Sisterhood is the Strongest Magic", the series plans on focusing on the royal sisters after the events of the main movie, so this could be considered as a [currently] canon sequel. It's got "Disney" in the title, so it counts [unless they do a "TLK 2" and pretend the written continuations never existed or something...]. At least it sounds like it will keep the main focus on the relationship of the sisters and to me, this is a good thing. I like the idea, and it's nice to show siblings together and stuff, even in the bad times.

The first book in the series is titled "All Hail the Queen", and thanks to this USA Today article, the first chapter is available to read! Also, that cover art... it's nice. Simple, but nice. It, as well as the second installment, "Anna's Missing Memories", will be available in stores on January 6, 2015. Both books are already available on Amazon for preorder, though the second book is given a different title than what was in the USA Today article, calling it "Memory and Magic" instead. We even have summaries for the books:

#1 - "All Hail the Queen":
Now that the castle gates are open, Anna and Elsa are thrilled to be finally getting to know their kingdom. Anna bubbles with enthusiasm for all the things to do and the people to meet in Arendelle, and Elsa loves using her magic to help the town. But sometimes even a queen needs a day off.

#2 - "Memory and Magic":
After years apart, Anna and Elsa are finally getting to know each other as sisters. But Anna still wishes she could remember the magical times they had together when they were younger--skating and making snowmen, even in the middle of summer! An eager young troll claims he can restore the memories that Pabbie removed, but Elsa's not so sure. Maybe it's time to make new memories!

The second story intrigues me the most, as I wondered about whether Anna would ever really remember about those times prior to being struck on the head as a child. I'm guessing Elsa will tell her why she doesn't remember those early times of Elsa's magic and such, but this is just interesting... like an official version of a fanfiction for kids! I'm excited for this one, really.

Random House Children's Books are the publisher of the series, as well as many of the other official "Frozen" books for the original movie. The author of this book [and probably the others in the series] is Erica David, notable for pinning junior novelizations and chapter books of family and kids movies and TV show series, as well as softcover picture books for Dora the Explorer, Spongebob Squarepants, and other cartoon series [including the HTTYD TV series and movies]. There will be illustrations in these books too, done by Bill Robertson, according to the book cover. These are still books meant for kids, after all - the books are actually meant for 6 to 9 year olds, but if it's still canon, it counts! I will probably give them a try and hope that the stories are still interesting follow-ups for the "Frozen" franchise.

In case you can't read it on the website, here's the first chapter of "All Hail the Queen":
Quote:
Queen Elsa of Arendelle looked out one of her castle windows. It was a glorious morning in the kingdom. The sun shone brightly. It danced across the waters of the fjord.

Below, the people of Arendelle were just starting the day. Shopkeepers opened their windows and doors. Fishermen walked to the wharf. Ice harvesters set out for the frozen lake nestled in the mountains.

Elsa was proud of her village and the people in it. They had come to trust her, even though she wasn't like most queens. Most queens couldn't cast spells of ice and snow. Most queens couldn't make a walking, talking snowman. Most queens couldn't accidentally set off an eternal winter, leaving the village completely frozen! Not so long ago, Elsa had been worried that the people of Arendelle wouldn't accept her because of her differences, but to her delight, they had embraced her wholeheartedly.

Elsa stepped back from the window. The beautiful weather made her long to go outdoors, but she had royal duties to attend to. She turned to her desk. The plans she had been working on for the town's new plumbing system were waiting. The pipes and canals would carry water to every part of the village. But the builders couldn't start without the queen's go-ahead.

Elsa sat down and picked up the plans. Seconds later, the door to her study sprang open. Her younger sister, Anna, bounded into the room. Her eyes were brimming with excitement.

"Do you know what day it is?" Anna asked eagerly.

"Tuesday?" Elsa guessed.

"Today's the day we cross number three off the list!" Anna exclaimed. She hurried over to her sister, unrolling a long scroll of paper. It was Anna's list of Things to Do in Arendelle. She'd been keeping it ever since Elsa became queen. Anna cleared her throat to announce number three.

"Florian's Famous Flangendorfers!" she said.

"Flangen—what?" Elsa asked.

"Flangendorfers. Only the most delicious dessert in all of Arendelle," Anna explained.

Elsa shook her head, puzzled. She'd never heard of a flangendorfer.

"Aren't you excited?" Anna asked. She took Elsa's hand and pulled her to her feet.

"I am, but I have work to do," Elsa replied.

"How can you work on a day like this?" Anna said. She twirled around in the shaft of sunlight shining through the windows. "Come on, Elsa, just one flangendorfer."

Elsa bit her lip as she considered. It was such a beautiful day. One flangendorfer wouldn't hurt. "Okay," she agreed.

Anna whooped in delight. "I love our visits to the village," she said. "There's a whole world out there!"

Anna's excitement was contagious. Elsa couldn't help smiling.

The sisters walked through the palace gates. They strolled along the cobblestone streets of the town.

By now the village shops had opened. The town square was filled with merchants. Some wheeled carts of fruit for sale. Others sold beautiful scarves and jewelry. Many waved to Anna and Elsa.

"Isn't this wonderful?" Anna said. "Just look at all there is to see!"

Elsa noticed a small girl making her way through the crowd. The girl carried a bouquet of fresh flowers. She had two dark braids that bobbed up and down. She skipped happily toward Elsa and Anna.

The little girl held her flowers out to Elsa. Elsa smiled and reached out to take the bouquet. "What's your name?" she asked gently.

"Ingrid," the girl said quietly. Now that she was face to face with the queen, she seemed nervous. Ingrid lowered her eyes and dropped into a low curtsy.

"It's okay. Don't be shy," Elsa said. She took the bouquet from the girl's trembling fingers. "Thank you for the flowers," she said.

Ingrid remained absolutely still. She looked like she had no idea what to do.

Anna noticed the girl's confusion and gently raised her from her curtsy. She leaned down to whisper in Ingrid's ear. "She's not as scary as she looks," Anna joked, pointing to her sister, who was smiling. Elsa didn't look the least bit scary.

Ingrid giggled. She waved timidly to the queen. Elsa waved back.

"Oh, what's that on your dress?" Anna asked Ingrid. She pointed to the child's bright blue pinafore.

Curious, Ingrid glanced down. As soon as she did, Anna playfully tweaked her nose. "Just kidding," she said.

Ingrid laughed and squealed in delight. She seemed to forget her nervousness about meeting the queen. She made another curtsy and darted off into the square.

"How adorable," Anna said, leaning over to sniff the flowers. She plucked a sprig of purple heather from Elsa's bouquet and tucked it behind her ear. Elsa smiled. Anna definitely had a way with people.

The sisters weaved through the crowd of villagers in the square.

"Are you sure you know where you going?" Elsa asked.

"Of course!" Anna replied. "I've been planning this visit forever!"

"Forever?" Elsa said doubtfully.

"Well, maybe not forever," Anna admitted. "But at least since you became queen."

Elsa remembered the day of her coronation. Until then, the palace gates had been shut. None of the villagers had been allowed inside. It was all because Elsa hadn't wanted her powers to hurt anyone. The only way to keep everyone safe had been to keep them out.

On the day she became queen, though, the castle gates had been opened wide. Elsa had been worried about her secret. She was nervous about meeting the townspeople. Anna, on the other hand, couldn't wait to welcome them.

Now Elsa was relieved that she didn't have to hide her powers anymore. She and Anna could leave the palace any time they liked. But although Elsa was free to explore, new people and places took some getting used to after all those years alone.

Lost in thought, Elsa didn't notice the gruff fisherman in front of her. She accidentally walked into him, knocking his basket of fish onto the cobblestones.

"I'm so sorry," Elsa said.

The fisherman grumbled until he realized who she was. One look at Elsa and his entire expression changed. "No, I'm sorry, Your Majesty," he said formally.

"Please, it was my fault," Elsa said, smiling. She bent down to gather up the fish.

"No, no! I'll take care of that," the fisherman insisted. He bowed deeply and waved the queen aside.

Elsa hesitated. She didn't want the villagers to treat her differently just because she was the queen. She wanted to help.

Anna had been watching the whole scene. She tapped the fisherman on the shoulder.

"Hey, she's not that kind of queen," Anna whispered conspiratorially.

"What kind of queen is that?" the fisherman asked.

"The off-with-his-head kind," Anna replied. "She's the kind who really wants to pick up the fish. I think you should let her."

The fisherman looked from Anna to Elsa and back to Anna again. "Are you sure?" he said.

"I'm sure. In fact, the princess insists," Anna said, pointing to herself.

The fisherman relaxed. A broad smile spread across his face. "Well, if the princess insists," he said. He moved aside and let Elsa help him collect his fish. In no time, they'd placed all of the shiny, silver trout in the basket.

The fisherman thanked Elsa and Anna for their help. He disappeared into the crowd with his fish.

"How do you do that?" Elsa asked.

"Do what?" Anna said.

"He was worried I'd be angry, but you knew just what to say," Elsa explained.

"I don't know," Anna said, shrugging. "It's not magic. I just talked to him. I guess I'm a talker."

"I talked to him, too," Elsa pointed out.

"Yes, but you're very... queenly," Anna said, grinning. She held up her hand and waved stiffly to the crowd to demonstrate.

"I don't wave like that," Elsa said, laughing. "You make me look like some kind of ice princess."

"Well, aren't you?" Anna teased gently.

"I prefer snow queen," Elsa said lightheartedly. "You're the princess."

Anna laughed. The sisters linked arms and crossed the square.

"We're almost there," Anna said. Florian's Famous Flangendorfers was just down the road. Elsa could already smell the sweet scent of pastries.

Just then, her ears pricked up. A band of village musicians was playing at the edge of the square. The townspeople had gathered to listen. They clapped and swayed to the music.

Elsa and Anna were charmed by the bubbly melody. They walked closer to the band, clapping and snapping along. Elsa drew several coins from her purse. She dropped them into a nearby jar for the musicians.

The musicians recognized Elsa at once. They stopped playing and bowed deeply to the queen. Then they picked up their instruments again. They played a slow, dignified song. It was Arendelle's royal anthem.

Elsa tried her best to clap along, but the song was too slow. It sounded nothing like the cheerful song the band had been playing moments before. The villagers began to fidget. Arendelle's royal anthem wasn't just slow—it was also long.

Suddenly, Anna hitched up her skirts. She kicked up her heels and started to dance. The musicians noticed and played faster. They wanted to keep up with Anna's sprightly steps. Elsa laughed and danced along with Anna. The anthem had never sounded so good!

Soon the villagers joined the dancing queen and her sister. Everyone moved cheerfully in time to the music. Elsa and Anna danced across the cobblestones all the way to Florian's Famous Flangendorfers.

So, what do you think of this new series? Will you read them or give them a pass? What do you think of the summaries for the two books so far? What else do you think the books will tackle when it comes to our favorite snow queen and her adorkable sister?

Thanks for reading and let's discuss!

- Juuchan17

Post subject: Re: Official written continuation for "Frozen - coming in 20
PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:56 pm 
Famous one
Famous one

UPDATE: [pardon for the double-post, but this is Breaking News!]

The third book in the "Anna and Elsa" series has a summary! There's no cover or title yet, but it sounds thrilling!

"Anna & Elsa" #3: [from the Random House website]
Olaf has news for Elsa! He has heard of a summer queen from a summer land with summer magic—someone with similar powers as Elsa’s, who can control fire and heat. He says her land is trapped in an eternal summer. Olaf thinks it sounds great, but Elsa and Anna think she might be in trouble. Either way, a journey is in order!

OH SNAP - there goes all of the fanart and fanfiction for Elsa's opposite! This is some interesting world building here, and maybe this will shed some light into how these children happen to be blessed with these mysterious powers, since we now see that Elsa is not the only one with magic. I am SO adding this book to my HYPE pile.

It's scheduled to be released on March 10, 2015.

- Juuchan17

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:46 pm 
Animation Source is my home!

Juuchan17 wrote:
UPDATE: [pardon for the double-post, but this is Breaking News!]

The third book in the "Anna and Elsa" series has a summary! There's no cover or title yet, but it sounds thrilling!

"Anna & Elsa" #3: [from the Random House website]
Olaf has news for Elsa! He has heard of a summer queen from a summer land with summer magic—someone with similar powers as Elsa’s, who can control fire and heat. He says her land is trapped in an eternal summer. Olaf thinks it sounds great, but Elsa and Anna think she might be in trouble. Either way, a journey is in order!

OH SNAP - there goes all of the fanart and fanfiction for Elsa's opposite! This is some interesting world building here, and maybe this will shed some light into how these children happen to be blessed with these mysterious powers, since we now see that Elsa is not the only one with magic. I am SO adding this book to my HYPE pile.

It's scheduled to be released on March 10, 2015.

- Juuchan17

This is the book I'm most excited for (while I am still excited for Anna's Missing Memories)

A summer queen!? HOW FREAKING COOL! I'd love to see how Elsa feels about her, tho we know they're on a journey to find her and help her. It may even be sequel-worthy material. I hope they release what she looks like on the cover or something. I'd love to see her instead of just reading a description (tho that's fine too)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:18 pm 
Famous one
Famous one

UPDATE: 9/2/14 - Book #3 now has a title! Also, #2 has a cover and an official title!

The third adventure in the series, focused on a queen with the opposite of Elsa's icy magic [she's got heat and fire power! This is still an awesome premise!], has been officially titled "A Warm Welcome", as posted on the Random House website. There's no cover for it yet, but I'll post it once one is available!

Speaking of titles, Book #2's original title, "Anna's Missing Memories" is now officially called "Memory and Magic", thanks to the Random House site and this gorgeous cover! At least the title is less upfront and more mysterious than the former, so I'm pleased with this!

Also, I haven't heard anything else about any more upcoming books in the "Anna and Elsa" series, but I know I'm still very excited about the first two books in the series in January! I'll be sure to read and review them, in case anyone is curious about checking them out as a Frozen fan.

- Juuchan17

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:18 pm 
Living here
Living here

I'm very excited for this book series; I already preordered all three books from Amazon (thank you Amazon Student for giving me six month of Prime for free!). I approve of them being "canon", as well; Disney usually doesn't make canon books that follow movies. That really adds to the Frozen universe, and should hold us over until animated shorts (and a potential sequel) arrive.

I'm very excited for Book 2 in particular. I hope Anna gets to find her old memories - and through them, we can learn more about what the two of them went through when they were younger.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:10 pm 
Famous one
Famous one

Skulblaka_Shur'tugal wrote:
I'm very excited for Book 2 in particular. I hope Anna gets to find her old memories - and through them, we can learn more about what the two of them went through when they were younger.

That's what I wonder too, though I'm more curious as to how the thought would actually come up that Anna's memories were altered in the first place. Remember that after Pabbie did his "memory-Photoshop" work, Anna didn't relearn about Elsa's power until once she fled to the mountains... and I don't think she ever learned about Pabbie altering her memories, even when she and Kristoff arrived there. [Then again, did Kristoff ever put two and two together and figure out that Anna was the same girl that Pabbie healed when he saw them as a child? Common sense should have been used there instead of a pointless song, but I digress...] Hopefully, this plot hole will be filled prior to learning about another troll being able to maybe return Anna's original memories... We can only hope!

Glad that there are some others that are looking forward to these continuation stories!

- Juuchan17

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:46 am 

I'm loving the cover art. I mean Brittney Lee is my preferred illustrator for the Frozen books, but these are incredibly cute. And I'm still REALLY anxious for the "Warm Welcome" book cover to be released! I don't think you know how excited I am for a summer queen xD I simply must know what she looks like. Hopefully she'll be on the cover, but I wouldn't be surprised if she wasn't.

Tho come to think of it the "Warm Welcome" title is making me wonder if she has intent on luring in Elsa to fight her... I dunno, do you think they'll tackle that much action in a book meant for small children? I mean, I read some pretty action-packed books when I was a kid, but I was also above my reading level. I'm not sure what rules apply to kids reading these days.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:44 pm 
Famous one
Famous one

angryunicorn wrote:
I'm loving the cover art. I mean Brittney Lee is my preferred illustrator for the Frozen books, but these are incredibly cute. And I'm still REALLY anxious for the "Warm Welcome" book cover to be released! I don't think you know how excited I am for a summer queen xD I simply must know what she looks like. Hopefully she'll be on the cover, but I wouldn't be surprised if she wasn't.

Tho come to think of it the "Warm Welcome" title is making me wonder if she has intent on luring in Elsa to fight her... I dunno, do you think they'll tackle that much action in a book meant for small children? I mean, I read some pretty action-packed books when I was a kid, but I was also above my reading level. I'm not sure what rules apply to kids reading these days.

Brittany Lee... She's the one who did the two-sided Anna/Elsa book, right? If so, I really love her art style as well. Honestly, all of the Disney book art I've seen for Frozen books and merch has been beautiful to look at and stays almost exactly true to the movie.

Back on the subject though, I doubt the Summer Queen will be on the cover, but if she is, I hope she's not a warmer palette-swap of Elsa. That would be a disappointment in my book because of how unoriginal that is... but it won't stop me from reading it. I hope she's got fiery red hair like Ariel and Merida though - it would suit a Summer Queen PERFECTLY. Maybe shorter hair than Elsa's perhaps...?

As for the Summer Queen luring Elsa to her, I dunno... It sounds like a good action plot, yes, but I think it might be more about Elsa helping her control her power with the Power of Love, like how Anna's love helped her in the movie. It would be a nice way for our beloved Snow Queen to connect with someone like herself, and honestly I think it'd most likely head down that route. Though I would like to see what the Summer Queen's powers could do to affect Elsa... OR ANNA in some major way, like how Anna's heart was frozen by Elsa's ice [What could freeze a melting heart? ...I dunno, that thought is dumb but I like it. XD]. Either way, I would like some sort of magic royal rivalry in this series, and I think Elsa and Summer Queen fit the bill!

The plot thickens...!

- Juuchan17

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:25 pm 
Famous one
Famous one

UPDATE - 9/3/14

OH MY GOSH - Apparently there's already a fourth book in planning! Holy cheese.

According to the fan-edited Disney Wiki, the fourth book in the "Anna and Elsa" series is currently titled "The Great Ice Engine". I haven't seen anything on Random House's website yet, nor is there a cover art for it yet, but there is a placeholder cover, similar to the Book #3 one that we have so far:

Here's a summary, again from Disney Wiki's "Anna and Elsa" page:
Anna has an adventurous spirit. Elsa has magical power over ice and snow. Together the sisters explore the mountains, palace, fjords, and beyond as they finally get to know each other as sisters and friends.

So far, the summary is pretty bland, so I wonder exactly what it'll be about. My main hype is for books #2 and #3, but if those end up being really good, surely this one will please the fans as well. Hopefully, Random House [or Amazon] will have a more up-to-date summary real soon. The book is scheduled for a May 12, 2015 release.

...Wow, I didn't expect for so much new news so quickly! Stay tuned for future updates, hopefully real soon!

- Juuchan17

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:32 am 

The Great Ice Engine? Is this a revolution? The title confuses me! LOL Where is the author going with this? I mean, I pre-ordered it anyway, and I'm super excited for the first three books. But this one I'm genuinely perplexed by by the title alone.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:19 pm 
Famous one
Famous one

angryunicorn wrote:
The Great Ice Engine? Is this a revolution? The title confuses me! LOL Where is the author going with this? I mean, I pre-ordered it anyway, and I'm super excited for the first three books. But this one I'm genuinely perplexed by by the title alone.

I'm not sure either. It's now on the Random House site, but that is a bland and confusing title and summary. Hopefully something new will pop up in the coming months.

Anywho, there is a new story coming out later this month called "Phantoms of Arendelle"! The author is Landry Q. Walker [whose name doesn't ring a bell to me at all], a comic book writer. It'll be released on September 23rd, 2014 as a digital e-book, but there's nothing on a physical release. The price is affordable though [Amazon has the Kindle/e-book version for $4.61/regular price $5.99].

Here's the cover [which is quite nice!] and a summary from the Disney Wikia:

To distract Elsa from a gala being planned in her honor, Anna fills her schedule with fun bonding activities. But what starts as a distraction turns into an adventure when they find a secret door leading to passageways within the castle walls—and the door locks behind them, trapping them inside! Then, as they explore the narrow passages and sealed-off rooms, looking for an exit, spooky things start to happen. Echoing laughter, mysterious patches of cold air, odd arrangements of clothes and furniture…what could be causing all these strange events? With Elsa’s powers and Anna’s ingenuity on their side, they’re more than a match for whatever they find—if they can just find it in time! Packed with humor and heart, Phantoms of Arendelle will keep readers guessing right up until the last page.

So, with this new book set for release in a couple of weeks, what do you expect for the future of the Frozen-verse, what do you hope these new books will tackle, and what would you like to see added in the near future? Let's discuss and get hyped!

- Juuchan17

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:33 am 

I'm just happy with them doing these rather slice-of-life stories with them. I've heard that they're gonna take this story down a cliche route, like Anna and Kristoff are behind the whole adventure and just reel Elsa in for the fun of it. I'm hoping that's not the case, but I won't be disappointed since Elsa and Anna are spending time together LOL

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:48 pm 
Famous one
Famous one

angryunicorn wrote:
I'm just happy with them doing these rather slice-of-life stories with them. I've heard that they're gonna take this story down a cliche route, like Anna and Kristoff are behind the whole adventure and just reel Elsa in for the fun of it. I'm hoping that's not the case, but I won't be disappointed since Elsa and Anna are spending time together LOL

Honestly, me too. It really shows them naturally bonding as sisters, not as the hot and cold, yin and yang sort of thing that the movies make them to be. I hope it doesn't end up cliche though... if only because it sounds like such a fun story that could easily be something else.

Oh, speaking of new digital-only books, it seems Olaf and Sven get an adventure of their own on the same day!

This one's written by a new author - Elizabeth Rudnick [she's written a couple of novelizations for the live-action "Maleficent" movie, as well as some Disney/Marvel books for the Capt. America and Thor series of movies] - and has a typical sort of summary to it:

As the Official Arendelle Ice Master and Deliverer, Kristoff never misses a day of work! But while he’s getting ready one day, Olaf overhears him talking to Anna and thinks he’s decided to take the day off. Olaf quickly runs outside to tell Sven! “I have the best news ever! I am going to the be the Official Substitute Ice Master and Deliverer for the day! And you are going to help me!” he says confidently. There’s no stopping Olaf, who is now proudly telling everyone in the kingdom the good news. By the time Kristoff heads outside to meet up with Sven, Olaf and the trusty reindeer are long gone for their work adventure! Thankfully, Kristoff can follow their tracks…and their trail of chaos! Join in on the fun and enjoy all the goofy moments with this lovable snowman and kind-hearted reindeer.

It's only 39 pages, so it's a short-medium story at best. The "Phantoms of Arendelle" story is a bit longer, clocking in a 51 pages, so we can basically say that they are typical elementary/middle-school [probably age 8-12?] sized books with a simple beginning-middle-end storytelling. Like the previous, this one isn't expensive, and I'm guessing it's an in-canon, slice-of-life adventure for the sidekicks of the Frozen-verse. Hopefully it's fun - I wish I could read it, but I lack an e-reader.

- Juuchan17

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:05 pm 
Living here
Living here

I like these slice-of-life books a lot. The movie left us wanting more of...well, everything. In a good way. We cannot get enough of these characters. They are believable and relatable. So now that we get the chance to see their tyuoival day, when they're not so busy saving Arendelle from psychopaths, that's when they'll really get interesting. What do they act like? What are their hobbies? What do they spend their time doing? I am anxious and excited to find out!

Dear Disney, you're doing it right.

By the way, maybe we should make a list of all the "canon" books being published? The ones with actual story that collectors might appreciate? There are so many hooks now, even if most haven't been published yet, it's getting hard to keep up.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:13 pm 
Famous one
Famous one

Skulblaka_Shur'tugal wrote:
I like these slice-of-life books a lot. The movie left us wanting more of...well, everything. In a good way. We cannot get enough of these characters. They are believable and relatable. So now that we get the chance to see their tyuoival day, when they're not so busy saving Arendelle from psychopaths, that's when they'll really get interesting. What do they act like? What are their hobbies? What do they spend their time doing? I am anxious and excited to find out!

I'm curious about this too, as are many fans, I'm guessing. At least Disney's going the right direction with this - showing the main characters in their natural location and just being themselves without having typical Disney plots and fantasy adventures [not that there's anything wrong with that...]. It makes them more realistic and human.

Quote:
By the way, maybe we should make a list of all the "canon" books being published? The ones with actual story that collectors might appreciate? There are so many hooks now, even if most haven't been published yet, it's getting hard to keep up.

I think we should, though there are some books that I'm not sure are canon [mainly picture books - I might have to raid a Barnes and Noble and skim through them first to see how "canon" they are]. Most books I've heard about are supposedly post-movie, so they'd count as a canon story/book.

These are the ones I know of so far: [thank you, Disney Wikia... yet again!]

There's obviously more to come, and if the "Anna & Elsa" series is saying anything with its release dates, it's already going to last until late spring of next year.

- Juuchan17