Animation Source Forums

=> Visit the Animation Source fansites!

Read the site rules!

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: New Ducktales give props to Talespin and DA!
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:54 pm 
Newcomer
Newcomer

I watched the pilot for the new Ducktales this weekend. When one of the nephews was hotwiring Donald's boat, he said he was going to take it Cape Suzette and back before Donald comes back from his job interview.
Also, Spoonerville (Goof Troop) and St. Canard (Darkwing Duck) was mentioned at Scrooge's boardroom meeting.

Is it possible that these cities might come into play in the new series? I would really like how much Cape Suzette has changed in over 25 years.

Post subject: Re: New Ducktales give props to Talespin and DA!
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:39 pm 
Beginner
Beginner

Dewey was the one who said it; and it was glorious.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:47 am 
Beginner
Beginner

http://www.denofgeek.com/us/tv/ducktale ... -ducktales

Quote:
Let's begin it, bear and grin it, and spin it! In a blink or you'll miss it shot in a new promo for the return of DuckTales (the new version) on Disney Channel we get a brief shot of a character that will be very familiar face. That's right, it's Don Karnage from TaleSpin!

And is that the TaleSpin plane we see? Skip to fifty seconds in for the shot.

We already knew that Darkwing Duck would be making an appearance in the new DuckTales but now a character from TaleSpin? No word on whether this is just a cameo or it will lead to something more. If the plane is there maybe the rest of the TaleSpin crew could pop in for a cameo. Come on, we know Scrooge isn't the only adventurer in the world so maybe the crew from TaleSpin is flying around the planet as our Ducks are off on adventures.

It should be noted that Jim Cummings, who is returning to voice Darkwing Duck, voiced Karnage in the original TaleSpin series. Could he be returning as Karnage? We'll have to wait and see!

Like Night Trap coming to a Nintendo console; Don Karnage has been confirmed for Ducktales 2017. Here are a few of my responses to this:

- Please rename him Anthrax, please rename him Anthrax... (Hint: That was Don Karnage's original name before legal told the TaleSpin team to change it do to copyright.)
- If this is Dewey's daydream, then why are there extended segments with the CT-37's peppered in this trailer? This is not just a one off cameo; this looks like a one episode crossover and that's all I ask of them. I can even summarize the plot from the footage: Dewey becomes an Air Pirate; just like Kit Cloudkicker once was.
- Is anyone surprised by this? And judging from the footage; it looks like it's going to be a full episode and not a few second cameo since there is footage before it that shows Dewey grabbing onto a CT-37, and even being inside the Iron Vulture with at least six Air Pirates. I think Dewey wants to be an Air Pirate like Kit Cloudkicker. I think Kit will be involved somehow. This is absolutely glorious to me!

They have not announced when the episode with the footage will air nor the episode name. However; I doubt that it's any of the first four episodes that are named at this point.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:00 am 
Beginner
Beginner

That's cool that Karnage (and the Sea Duck) will make appearances on the new Ducktales. It'll be interesting to see how the two universes intersect. I know Cape Suzette was mentioned as a location in the first Ducktales ep, but how will they bridge the time difference - 1930s vs. modern day?

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 10:21 pm 

I got to see the first episode of the New Ducktales. What it is called so I can see it on youtube? I hope they are allowed to post it on youtube. Darkwing and Karnage. I don't agree with naming him Anthrax since that is deadly virus and it is like naming someone Cancer or Rubella?

Advertisement