Animation Source Forums

=> Visit the Animation Source fansites!

Read the site rules!

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Maddag may be fairly smart but is not able too use it?
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:46 am 
Advanced
Advanced

He comes off as somewhat smart and devious and able too analise things but is unable too pull it through. I think he may be rather inexperenced at so much he never learned how too use things (like his mind!) too their fullest.

That and the closest he got too school was seeing a picture of one, then I know guys who went and are as thick as they get.

Post subject: Re: Maddag may be fairly smart but is not able too use it?
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:56 am 
Animation Source is my home!
Animation Source is my home!

Yeah, not going to school doesn't help :P
Baloo didn't either, he didn't pass grade school, but he is fairly sma...mmm ok, I didn't say anything :lol:

NB : Mad Dog, not Maddag

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:22 pm 
Advanced
Advanced

steet wrote:
Yeah, not going to school doesn't help :P
Baloo didn't either, he didn't pass grade school, but he is fairly sma...mmm ok, I didn't say anything :lol:
Yeah, I'm a drop out like him and am smart, but like him know how too use it.

NB : Mad Dog, not Maddag

My bad! :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:20 am 
Beginner
Beginner

Yeah, the same could be said about Wildcat, but i am sure they can be very clever at times ^^

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:48 am 
Advanced
Advanced

Piquel wrote:
Yeah, the same could be said about Wildcat, but i am sure they can be very clever at times ^^

Yeah but Wildcat is different, he is austitic, I'd know as I have high-functioning Asbergers and have been involved with those who are like him, really clueless in one sense but capable of great things down too those who are just clueless. Mad Dag isn't autistic, I say he's just from a simple background and in over his head.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:43 am 
Advanced
Advanced

TheGroundedAviator wrote:
He comes off as somewhat smart and devious and able too analise things but is unable too pull it through. I think he may be rather inexperenced at so much he never learned how too use things (like his mind!) too their fullest.

That and the closest he got too school was seeing a picture of one, then I know guys who went and are as thick as they get.

Well, let me tell ya my opinion of this situation. Maybe being Mad Dog's fanatic influences on my speech, but I don't care 'bout it. :)

:idea: For me, Mad Dog can be quite smart, more smart than you have expected to him. Why didn't he go to school? My hypothesis is that not every children in all countries during 30's was able to finish the education in proper level, especially when someone comes from the poor country like Siam (the old name of Thailand). I think also Mad Dog would have worked like a child in agriculture and / or in fisheries - that's why he'd have got more life and social experience than the formal knowledge. Furthermore, someone who didn't pass the education, can't be rated like a stupid person, 'cause this person can have the abilities which aren't available for people with the highest level of education.

In addition, Mad Dog (I like to call him Maddy) can have the problems with the stress and emotions, which weaken his intelligence (especially when Karrny's punishing the ferret pirate :( ). :idea:

Can you agree with this statement? If you have gotta doubts about it, just tell me about it, OK? ;)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:10 pm 
Advanced
Advanced

OraKi wrote:

Well, let me tell ya my opinion of this situation. Maybe being Mad Dog's fanatic influences on my speech, but I don't care 'bout it. :)

:idea: For me, Mad Dog can be quite smart, more smart than you have expected to him. Why didn't he go to school? My hypothesis is that not every children in all countries during 30's was able to finish the education in proper level, especially when someone comes from the poor country like Siam (the old name of Thailand). I think also Mad Dog would have worked like a child in agriculture and / or in fisheries - that's why he'd have got more life and social experience than the formal knowledge. Furthermore, someone who didn't pass the education, can't be rated like a stupid person, 'cause this person can have the abilities which aren't available for people with the highest level of education.

In addition, Mad Dog (I like to call him Maddy) can have the problems with the stress and emotions, which weaken his intelligence (especially when Karrny's punishing the ferret pirate :( ). :idea:

Can you agree with this statement? If you have gotta doubts about it, just tell me about it, OK? ;)

I agree with all you said and you couldn't have dsaid it better!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 1:15 am 

Piquel wrote:

Yeah but Wildcat is different, he is austitic, I'd know as I have high-functioning Asbergers and have been involved with those who are like him, really clueless in one sense but capable of great things down too those who are just clueless. Mad Dag isn't autistic, I say he's just from a simple background and in over his head.

Wildcat would be great at math. Maddog like his captain suffers from madness like the namesake so they have logic troubles.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:49 pm 
Newcomer
Newcomer

This is my opinion of Mad Dog:
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/M ... kassWoobie

Sure, he's one of Karnage's henchman but I actually feel sorry for him at times. He's so devious but so frail at the same time. Poor guy.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:26 am 
Advanced
Advanced

CanzetYote wrote:

Sure, he's one of Karnage's henchman but I actually feel sorry for him at times. He's so devious but so frail at the same time. Poor guy.

I think you're also right with the Jerkass Woobie trope theory, if comes to Maddy. And yeah, I also feel incredibly sorry for him every time he's beaten by his boss.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:26 pm 
Newcomer
Newcomer

OraKi wrote:
CanzetYote wrote:

I think you're also right with the Jerkass Woobie trope theory, if comes to Maddy. And yeah, I also feel incredibly sorry for him every time he's beaten by his boss.

How do you think Mad Dog would react to being called cute, adorable or precious?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 6:37 pm 

CanzetYote wrote:
OraKi wrote:
CanzetYote wrote:

How do you think Mad Dog would react to being called cute, adorable or precious?

He would get mad like his captain would. I imagine their reactions if someone would say that besides their mothers or grannies or sweethearts.

Advertisement