=> Visit the Animation Source fansites!

Read the site rules!

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Legends of Kyathro Discussion
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:10 pm 
Living here
Living here

Statement
Alrighty, to keep this statement short and sweet, this is a discussion thread for Windancer and myself to use for our roleplay "Legends of Kyathro". You're more than welcome to read this (well, can't really prevent you, now can I? ;)) but please refrain from posting in this thread. Oh, and before I forget, flattering as it may be, do not steal or "borrow without permission" any of our ideas!

Okay, think that about sums everything up for now, though I may add more later. Thanks! xD

-Anaquine
_<^>_

Legends of Kyathro

Cast of Characters
Lyllii: Anaquine
Activity: Active

Kasha: Windancer

Jason: Windancer

Farren: Anaquine

Maiya: Windancer

Sespyn: Anaquine
Activity: Not yet Introduced; (about to enter!)

Cast of NPCs
Confederacy of Fire: Implied, but not yet Active
Republic of Water: Implied, but not yet Active

Cast of Antagonists
The Mask: Active
The Dark Crusader: Not yet Introduced
_<^>_

Recap

Day One: Morning
Kasha, an anthro, and Jason hear a crash in a forest lying on the outskirts of an unnamed town and rush to investigate, Kasha reaching the site before Jason. Upon arrival, Kasha confronts Lyllii, a wood nymph, who unintentionally caused the disturbance. Meanwhile, Farren departs from the town and arrives in the forest to hunt in time to spot Jason heading to investigate the disturbance. Not wanting to reveal himself quite yet, he decides to observe the confrontation between Lyllii and Kasha from a low branch. Before the confrontation can result in a physical fight, Kasha notices Jason's presence nearby. The three reluctantly exchange names. Shortly after this exchange, Lyllii suddenly becomes hysterical as she notices Farren's human presence, knocking him off of his perch with a rock and proceeds to attack him after he falls to the ground. She suddenly becomes aware of her actions, losing all her will to fight as she incoherently babbles apologies in her terror. Finally, after a joint effort from the others -including Jason revealing his identity as a wereanimal- Lyllii calms, and Farren leaves to continue his hunt in a different section of the forest.

Day One: Mid Morning-Afternoon
Shortly after excusing himself, Farren discovers that the part of the forest he entered from is on fire and spreading. Alarmed, he retraces his steps and runs back to where he left the others to warn them. The four make a mad rush for the river. Once there, they meet Maiya, an elf with water-based magic. After another brief set of introductions, Maiya offers to part the waters to make their travel easier. The ragtag group continues their trek through the shallower waters; after Kasha's failed attempt to dry her fur, Farren offers to use his fire magic to speed up the process. Unfortunately, this triggers another reaction from Lyllii, prompting Jason and Kasha's concern and obligating Farren to offer an apology. Shortly after this, Maiya allows the waters to rise.

Day One: Mid Afternoon-Evening
The group continues to wade against the current of the much deeper waters. Gradually the river deepens even further, and the group is forced to rely on Lyllii's enchanted staff to avoid the deep patches for the remainder of their journey before eventually reaching a fire-free shore. They are then forced to take shelter in a cave from a developing storm, traveling back into a section of the forest where the fire had already burned itself out. Once inside, Farren builds a fire so the group can finally dry out and regain some warmth, and Maiya suggests that they trade stories to pass the time. Farren shares the last of his jerky for a simple supper with the group while they listen to Lyllii's retelling of a legend. Kasha and Farren then take a turn recounting a folktale of their own.

Day One: Evening-Night
Shortly after Farren's tale, the group falls into silence, each reflecting on their own thoughts, the day's events and general fatigue catching up with them. The storm's intensity outside gradually increases, and a sudden, not-so-distant thunderclap prompts a shriek of startlement from Maiya. The elf instinctively leans into Lyllii for comfort before quickly apologizing for the action, but Lyllii surprises them both by reciprocating. The nymph teases the elf lightly to help Maiya forget her embarrassment over her fear of storms, but Farren's rational attempt of comforting Maiya backfires. Another, but much closer, bolt of lightning strikes a nearby tree and violently shaking the surrounding area. The increase of rainwater causes the cave to flood slightly as mineral water seeps from the ceiling, forming puddles throughout the room and drenching the collected firewood -much to Farren's frustration as he attempts to rebuild their fire after the lightning strike's vibrations caused it to collapse and a stray gust of wind extinguished it.

During the initial chaos caused by the lightning strike, the Mask slips unnoticed by all the group members with the exception of Lyllii. Mask, using the sudden darkness and groups' anxiety from the storm proceeds to harass Lyllii, and later the rest of the group, particularly Kasha. Meanwhile, Maiya concentrates her efforts on coaxing Lyllii out of her hysteria caused by Mask's presence. After calling Jason's bluff and disarming Farren, the Mask continues to use the cave's darkness to his advantage and secure Lyllii as a hostage against the other four. Lyllii, now in a slightly more rational frame of mind, manages to use her plant-based magic to cause plant spores and seeds released by the fire to sprout and push Mask's swordpoint away from her throat.

Upon Lyllii escaping the Mask's grasp, Maiya quickly pulls the nymph to safety while the others proceed to finally launch their counterattacks. Mask, who up until this point refused to unsheathe both weapons, proceeds to wield both swords against the group in retaliation.

_<^>_

Future Ideas
Further fleshing out of group dynamics/Lyllii's confession
*Ending of Day 1*
*Day 2*
-Wake up/Travel to nearby town for supplies
-Trouble in the marketplace
-Enter...Sespyn! xD
-Fire vs. Water vs. Authorities/Escape the town!
-More to come! ^^

Last edited by Anaquine on Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Legends of Kyathro Discussion
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:01 pm 
Animation Source is my home!

Alrighty, let's get discussing. ;)

(Thread looks amazing, by the way. Lol.)

Just a quick question; what exactly are they going to do after they have the run in with the Mask? I'm feeling slightly low on ideas when it comes to the future of the roleplay; the only one I have is something I want to bring in much later, after the group dynamic has already been established and Kasha and Lyllii began to bond a bit more.

Should we just wing it and see where the roleplay takes us? (That seems to work fairly well when I write, lol, but that's mainly my own stories. I'm not sure how well it will work when applied to a roleplay like this.)

A wolflover at heart.

Want to request a story? http://www.animationsource.org/board/something-different-t34189.html

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:33 pm 
Living here
Living here

(Thanks! ^_^ I'm thinking about adding a "glossary" later on for reference later on [ie: Phenarites or whatever other random stuff we come up with])

Hmm...honestly, I usually end up winging mine too only to rewrite them later, lol. (In all truth and honestly, without the Open version as a "trial run" to follow, I probably wouldn't have had anything "planned ahead.")

I almost think of them doing something "normal". Like, restocking their supplies by either hunting/gathering or stopping by a town at some point.

Or, have them run into either a Fire/Water group or Governor's militia, or a skirmish between two of them (or even all three!).

What do you think? :)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:58 pm 

Well, we could always combine the two ideas. For example, they could go into town and buy supplies, but run into a skirmish on their way out. It could be something like a gang war or just a small fight, depending on how big a deal you want to make it.

Or we don't have to do that at all, lol.

A wolflover at heart.

Want to request a story? http://www.animationsource.org/board/something-different-t34189.html

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:08 pm 
Living here
Living here

Windy, thou art a genius! ^^ I like the idea of a gang war. Time to "bring the chaos!" >;D

Okay, I (finally) posted. I decided that now would be as good a time as any for the Mask to make his appearance (he isn't directly referenced, but hopefully I left enough foreshadowing in there)...which means that Sespyn won't enter until after group dynamics have been further set. *shrugs*

So which debut for Sespyn do you think works better?
-Sespyn entering the cave later that evening (after the battle) to escape the storm and "ruin the mood"
-The group crashing into him (possibly literally ;) ) while in town (probably during the gang war)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:24 pm 

I think the last one; considering all of their personalities, I think it would help him to be accepted into the group a bit more. You know, bonded through war and all that. ;)

A wolflover at heart.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:01 am 
Living here
Living here

Agreed. ^^

I'll update the "recap/what's next" later, but for now, this is prolly what's going to happen next:
-That oh-so-long anticipated fight with Mask! ;D
-Further fleshing out of group dynamics/Lyllii's confession
*Ending of Day 1*
*Day 2*
-Wake up/Travel to nearby town for supplies
-Trouble in the marketplace
-Enter...Sespyn! xD
-Fire vs. Water vs. Authorities/Escape the town!

Heheheh...this is going to be fun!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:29 pm 
Living here
Living here

Okay...quick question. I'm thinking of having Mask play on the group's collective fears, not just Lyllii's, though is this alright with you? If so, should some of that take place during this confrontation or gradually over time? (They haven't seen the last of him yet. ;) )

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:03 am 

It's perfectly fine with me; I actually really like that idea. ^^ Hmmm...I would like to see some of that in this confrontation, but maybe only just a bit, so it can be brought into play later on too?

A wolflover at heart.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:39 pm 
Living here
Living here

Okay, and...done. I tried to keep it pure observation for this encounter. Mask sure talks a lot, doesn't he? :wink: