Animation Source Forums

=> Visit the Animation Source fansites!

Read the site rules!

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 693 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 47  Next
 Post subject: Kiburi Baadaye Role Play
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 6:09 am 
Advanced
Advanced

Welcome to the Kiburi Baadaye Roleplay!
For those of you, who want to participate, please sign up to the project first so I can check your roleplay character beforehand. The project is here: http://www.animationsource.org/lion_kin ... 51312.html

Also, it might help to have read Kiburi Baadaye or at least have PMed me for the brief version! (Kiburi Baadaye: http://www.animationsource.org/lion_kin ... 48627.html)

Just to re-iterate the rules of the roleplay forums and my own rules so everyone is happy!
1. Write like a story.
Incorrect example: *walks over slowly* hey! I love this weather!
Correct example: Bakari walked over slowly towards Amani. "Hey! I love this weather!"

2. Try to use correct English, e.g no slang (even though I know English isn't a first language for some people! As long as it is understandable, it's fine!)
Incorrect example: Bakari walked over slowly towards Amani. “LOL! Yr gr8!”
Correct example: Bakari walked over slowly towards Amani. “I love you so much! I think you’re great!”

3. Write at least 4 sentences (as on the Animation Source rules!)
Incorrect example: Bakari walked over slowly towards Amani.
Correct example: Bakari walked over slowly towards Amani. It was a lovely sunny day and he relished in the heat as it warmed his fur. Amani looked beautiful in the sun. “Hey!” he said. “I love this weather!”

4. Give separate characters colours (only applies if you roleplay more than one character.)
Incorrect example: Bakari walked over slowly towards Amani. She loved his mane.
Correct example: Bakari walked over slowly towards Amani. She loved his mane.

5. Keep graphic detail to a minimum, e.g. violence and anything else not PG-related
Incorrect example: (just mentioning too much blood or gore, etc.)
Correct example: Bakari fought with Amani. He hit her face, but Amani fought back with her teeth and bit his arm. (There’s no mention of blood and it is not overwhelmingly violent)

6. No character is allowed to die, but they should ‘leave the Pride’ if you no longer wish them to be roleplayed or gone.
Incorrect example: Bakari closed his eyes and took his final breath.
Correct example: Bakari took one last look at Pride Rock before walking away.

7. Be friendly towards each player, even if there is violence.
(No examples of this and I will report any antisocial behaviour!)

8. Participate at least once a month and let me know if there is any problem. Remember, if your character leaves, s/he will be allowed to return!

What I am going to do for you:
I will draw your character/s as a gift for joining the roleplay.
I will create images of certain scenes of the roleplay.
I will keep track of weather, seasons, roleplay day, and ages of every characters.
I will always be available for messages relating the roleplay or any other thing (PM me!)
I will let you use any of the Kiburi Baadaye characters in drawings, images, etc.

My Plan of Action (just to let you know)
I will log on and give a brief statement like this:

Roleplay day: 16
Season: Summer
Weather: Sunny
Bakari: Day 115
Amani: Day 114
Radhi: Day 37
Taji: Day 32
Ubora: Day 120
Uhuru: Day 114
(+everyone else’s characters)

Here is more detail on the ‘days’ of the roleplay.
A year in the roleplay is 20 days.
Day 1 – Born.
Day 2 – Open eyes and meet the Pride.
Day 2-10 – Doesn’t eat meat and stays with the mother.
Day 11-15 – Stay with cub sitter as mother hunts (eats meat!).
Day 16-40 – Plays with other cubs and stays with cub sitters.
Day 41-60 – Adolescence and being a teenager. Don’t depend on cub sitters.
Day 61-79 – Young adult
Day 80 – Able to have cubs (Note that a pregnancy lasts anything from 6-8 days!)
Day 81-180 – Fit, healthy adult
Day 181-200 – Elderly adult
Day 201-240 – Start leaving the Pride

And for more information about what is inside the Pridelands:
Pride Rock: I think you all know what this is!
Outlands: This is now flourishing with water and wildlife. You have to cross the river to get to it.
Shadowlands: These are the lands Scar controls such as the elephant graveyard.
Pridelands: The best bits of grassland with the most animals and the best waterhole and rivers.
Story cave: This is a cave in the Pridelands that was decorated by Kabili when he was ill. It has lots of pictures relating to the many stories had in the Pridelands.
Birthing cave: This is the cave Scar lived in. This is where pregnant females go to give birth.
Waterhole: I think this is pretty obvious!

Finally, the extra bit:
I know there is a time difference as the Sources span over the entire world. I am British, therefore I go by my time, but I know some of you aren’t. Don’t worry! The nice thing about a roleplay is that you can join in whenever you want!
Also, PM me if you have any questions!

Anyway, the most important thing to remember is to HAVE FUN!!!
Let the story of the Kiburi Baadaye unfold…

Post subject: Re: Kiburi Baadaye Role Play
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 6:34 am 
Advanced
Advanced

Roleplay day: 1
Bakari: Day 99
Amani: Day 98
Radhi: Day 21
Taji: Day 16
Ubora: Day 104
Uhuru: Day 98
Moto: Day 110
Tafari: Day 21

Bakari lifted his head up to the sky and blessed his parents for the Pridelands. He looked down at the green returning to the grassland and smiled. Life was returning! As he walked down from the top of Pride Rock, he caught sight of a few of the new members, such as Moto and the young cub Tafari, who was playing with his adoptive daughter Radhi. Soon, he saw Amani sitting in the sun with a her long lost sister Uhuru.
Uhuru noticed Bakari walking towards her and her sister. He was a good King, and kind, and she liked him. Her mate Ubora got on well with him, which made Amani happy. "Amani, Bakari's coming." she whispered to her sister. She saw Amani turn her body to see him and then get up. Uhuru knew they needed some space, so she went to find Ubora.

Amani walked over to Bakari. "Hello, my handsome King." she said softly. She nuzzled his chin and then looked up into his eyes and smiled. "Come on, let's have a little walk." Amani and Bakari walked off together towards the waterhole. As Amani paddled in the shallows she suddenly jumped as cold water was splashed in her face. She gasped and turned quickly to see Bakari grinning. She splashed him back and soon they were having a lot of fun in the water.

Ubora was playing with the cubs Tafari, Radhi and Taji. He was brilliant with the little ones. She saw Uhuru walking towards him and he quickly asked the cubs to get off his back. He stood up and padded over to his mate and nuzzled her. "Hello! How are you today?", to which the reply was "I'm fine, thank you." Ubora noticed the cubs fighting again and went over to stop them.
Radhi liked the new cub Tafari! She thought he was really cute, but the real reason she loved him more was that she could beat him in a playfight quite easily. She was pouncing on him again when Ubora came over and stopped her. "Ubora!" she complained. "I was having fun!"
Ubora smiled at the young cub. "I know, but perhaps Tafari doesn't like it."
Radhi walked off in a strop. What was the point in learning to fight if everyone told her not to do it. Soon, she heard footsteps coming up behind her. It was Taji.
Taji walked up to his adoptive sister. "I don't mind if you want to fight me Radhi! I need to be a good fighter because I'm going to be King and I need to fight well!" He saw Radhi roll her eyes and say "Sorry, you're too small." Taji turned his back and walked away. It wasn't fair. He felt left out, just because he was the youngest and the King and Queen's true son and heir.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:39 am 
Beginner
Beginner

Moto, who was sitting guard nearby, noticed Taji talking about fighting. He pricked his ears, and watched as the young cub was rejected. He rose from his post, and padded up to the cub, casting a glance around to make sure he could leave his post for a moment. "Hey, prince. You looking to learn some fighting moves?" he asked, trying to sound like it didn't matter to him, though the training of cubs was very important to him, especially in fighting.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 8:17 am 
Advanced
Advanced

Taji walked up to Moto, a new lion to the Pride. "Yes please! I am going to be King one day and so I need to be able to fight well!" He looked into the direction of Radhi, who had turned away. "Radhi can fight well." he said with a sigh. "Please please please can you teach me Moto!"

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:22 pm 
Famous one
Famous one

Tafari grinned at Ubora and went to follow Radhi being quiet as he can 'I'll show you. that I won't be beaten by you again' Tafari thought and crept slowly towards Radhi and pounced on top of her. ''Gotcha!'' He said grinning down at the brown lioness cub. ''Still think you could beat me in play fighting?'' Tafari asked giggling a bit.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 2:52 am 
Advanced
Advanced

Roleplay day: 2
Bakari: Day 100
Amani: Day 99
Radhi: Day 22
Taji: Day 17
Ubora: Day 105
Uhuru: Day 99
Moto: Day 111
Tafari: Day 22

Radhi was caught completely by surprise and was knocked to the floor. She leapt to her feet, ready to attack, but saw Tafari giggling and she had to stop and giggle too. "Okay, you got me this time!" and then leapt at him to surprise him.

That night, Taji kept thinking about his lessons with Moto. Would he even accept? He woke early and took a walk around the Pridelands. He stopped on the border of a huge river separating the Pridelands from the Outlands. He knew it wasn't forbidden land anymore, but he was warned to spot anything unusual and report straight back to his father. Taji remained there for a long time, just wondering what the Outlands used to look like.

Meanwhile, Bakari started waking up and yawning, disturbing Amani. "Bakari." she moaned quietly. "Do you have to be so loud?" Bakari mumbled an apology and walked outside. He saw the summer sun in the sky and thought about the time the family curse was lifted. It was such a huge moment. Amani walked outside to join him. "Come on, let's patrol the borders. I have a feeling we'll find Taji along the way!"

Ubora saw the King and Queen leave and therefore his mind went to the cubs. He was meant to be protecting them when the King and Queen weren't around, however, he so wanted to be in the sun. Uhuru nudged him. "Go on! Go out in the sun. I know you want to!" "But the cubs!" Ubora protested. "They will be perfectly fine. There's only one way out of Pride Rock and that is where you will be sitting." Ubora looked at his mate for a little while, the got up and moved outside.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 7:51 am 
Beginner
Beginner

Moto sat outside the cave, standing guard as he normally did. He thought about what the cub had said. Training them was an important task, especially in a field that was needed when they got older. 'But would it be better for his father to teach him?' he thought. He would have to discuss it with the king when he saw him.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 1:51 am 
Advanced
Advanced

Roleplay Day: 3
Weather: Hot, but patches of cloud
Bakari: Day 101
Amani: Day 100
Radhi: Day 23
Taji: Day 18
Ubora: Day 106
Uhuru: Day 100
Moto: Day 112
Tafari: Day 23
Kensei: Day 20

Bakari woke up and walked outside. There he noticed a young cub, half starved and dehydrated. He rushed over to help before calling to the rest of the Pride.
Amani ran out first, disturbed by her mate's calls. "Bakari? What is it?"
"A young cub in need of some care."
Amani peered down into the cubs face and smiled gently. "Do you have a family?" she asked. The cub shook his head and then lay limp. "Do you want a family?"
The cub nodded and Amani looked into Bakari's eyes. Reluctantly, Bakari nodded and Amani picked the cub up and took him inside.
"We're your family now!" she said.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:39 am 
Famous one
Famous one

Tafari's eyes widened in surprise and laughed, his laughing stopped but started to laugh again as they both tumbled down a small hill. ''That was fun!, wasn't it?'' He asked Radhi after they landed on the bottom of the hill with Radhi on top of him.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:31 am 
Advanced
Advanced

"That was totally amazing!" Radhi roared with delight. "Come on Tafari, let's do it again!"

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:52 am 
Famous one
Famous one

Tafari giggled,''ok.'' He began to walk up a hill and noticed a small patch of pink flowers and went towards them and picked a pink flower up carefully not to ruin the flower petals. Tafari walked down towards Radhi with the pink flower in his mouth and stopped by her and smiled with the flower inside his mouth.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 1:50 pm 
Advanced
Advanced

"For me?" Radhi asked. Tafari nodded and tears came to Radhi's eyes. "Thank you so much Tafari!" She took the flower from him and put it behind her ear. "I will treasure it forever!"

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 1:59 pm 
Famous one
Famous one

"Your welcome.'' Tafari said a light blush forming on his cheeks and hoped that Radhi wouldn't see it. ''So uh want to head back to where the other cubs are?''

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 3:10 pm 
Famous one
Famous one

the cub looked up at Queen Amani" my name is Kensei, and your my family now"?

Avatar(c) Nokotaness & Sig (c)Makoza

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 3:29 pm 
Advanced
Advanced

"Indeed we are, Kensei." Amani smiled at the cub and nuzzled him. "Let me introduce you to my mate, Bakari."
Bakari bowed "I hope you will feel welcome here. Although I am now your new father, I am also King of this land."
Amani called her other cubs, but they weren't to be seen. She roared to call them back home, as agreed from a young age.
Taji heard his mother's roar and ran back home. He could tell it wasn't an emergency, but it seemed important.
"Mother! I'm here!" he called, breathlessly. Then he caught sight of the new cub. "Who's this?" he asked.

"This is your new brother. He came looking for a home and we have one for him."
Taji looked at Kensei. "Hi! I'm Taji."
Meanwhile, Radhi also heard Amani's calls. "Sorry, Tafari, my mother's calling us so we can't roll down the hill again." Then she picked up the flower and ran back to Pride Rock. "Right, what is it?"
Amani pointed to Kensei. "This, Radhi, is your new brother. He is like you, without a family, and now welcomed into ours."
Radhi looked at the stranger. "I'm Radhi and I am a brilliant fighter."
"And don't you just go on about it." said Taji.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 693 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 47  Next