Animation Source Forums

=> Visit the Animation Source fansites!

Read the site rules!

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Karnage, a killier?
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:46 pm 
Advanced
Advanced

In Plunder and Lightning part three when Karnage and co capture the Khan cargo plane (I bet they do it all the time) and steel the fish bowls and strip the plane of useful parts they then release the plane with the crew in the ocean and Mad Dog asks why did he let them live? Of course it was so they could say what they took but it also means that usually just kill them.

I'd say Karnage has blood on his hands.

Post subject: Re: Karnage, a killier?
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:57 am 
Animation Source is my home!

Of course, this is a Disney cartoon. They could have never showed him killing a character.
BUT I think this was suggested, especially by this sentence. And also by the fact no one has ever been able to know where the Air pirates island is located (which suggests all prisoners are eliminated) He also had no remorse to throw Kit (who is a kid!) from the top of the Iron Vulture in episode 4. He also said he wanted to "bump off Rebecca" in "Stuck on You".

Again, the only reason Karnage seems "goofy" sometimes is because they needed some comedy in the show and used him sometimes to fill that part, and also because Baloo is a great pilot and is always able to outrun the air pirates and making fun of them.

So yes...I think he definitely has. Probably not everytime the pirates steal from a plane, but sometimes when the situation requires it.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:52 am 
Advanced
Advanced

steet wrote:
Of course, this is a Disney cartoon. They could have never showed him killing a character.
BUT I think this was suggested, especially by this sentence. And also by the fact no one has ever been able to know where the Air pirates island is located (which suggests all prisoners are eliminated) He also had no remorse to throw Kit (who is a kid!) from the top of the Iron Vulture in episode 4. He also said he wanted to "bump off Rebecca" in "Stuck on You".

Again, the only reason Karnage seems "goofy" sometimes is because they needed some comedy in the show and used him sometimes to fill that part, and also because Baloo is a great pilot and is always able to outrun the air pirates and making fun of them.

So yes...I think he definitely has. Probably not everytime the pirates steal from a plane, but sometimes when the situation requires it.

:idea: Well, pirates steal, plunder, kidnap and do a dogfights, but I think Don Karnage and his crew wouldn't rather kill anyone because they want to. In my opinion, pirates are a specific kind of warriors, who must have their own code, like Japanese samurais. Just look at the same episode - in "Stuck on you" Karnage had got the chance to kill Baloo. Did he? No, he saved his life twice. OK, Karny doesn't like Baloo and his friends, but I think if someone says that he'd kill this person, it doesn't mean always he'd do it. The same about the Prince of Pirates. :D

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:21 pm 
Newcomer
Newcomer

I find this really hard to answer properly, even though - or perhaps because? - of the evidence at hand.

It seems to vary from writer to writer, I'd say, that'd be my short answer. He definitely seems capable of it in some episodes, especially in Plunder and Lightning. But then there are episodes where I really can't imagine it... and those latter episodes make me unable to imagine him as a killer altogether.

He probably did off someone before, though... though I prefer to think he didn't.

Am I making sense?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:26 pm 
Advanced
Advanced

Ratchet wrote:
I find this really hard to answer properly, even though - or perhaps because? - of the evidence at hand.

It seems to vary from writer to writer, I'd say, that'd be my short answer. He definitely seems capable of it in some episodes, especially in Plunder and Lightning. But then there are episodes where I really can't imagine it... and those latter episodes make me unable to imagine him as a killer altogether.

He probably did off someone before, though... though I prefer to think he didn't.

Am I making sense?

Yes, you're right. Karnage's not the one - dimensional villain like Trader Moe, Klang or many other ones... I think he's a paradoxally modern version of Robin Hood.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:41 pm 
Advanced
Advanced

Yeah, Disney can't have him slitting throts but pirates were killiers and eigther pressed captives into the gang or killed them, walking the plank wes not common (though sounds like Kanage!) but it was normal.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:15 am 
Newcomer
Newcomer

Of course he is, he is a pirate, it is what they always do sometimes yes no? They did a very nice job of never showing any killing yet implying so well to give you the idea that he is a cut throat.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:02 pm 

Let's remember he has a sharp sword too. I mean, it's not here to "defend" himself, right? :P

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:42 pm 
Newcomer
Newcomer

As I had said in another topic Karnage was evil in "Plunder & Lighting" and possibly a killer, but it is not seen that he killed someone, only he has tried it I guess.
But I do not see why the shock that is only because it belongs to Disney, it means that no violence should be displayed (or at least show the lightest possible); some movies (do not say most) show that parents of the protagonists and/or other characters die (either because they were killed or because of an accident I do not know). It may be surprising at first sight of an infant but eventually the child will know that it is quite natural (not completely, it is wrong to kill but it is not bad die.)

Ok I came out of topic; the point is if Karnage is a killer? my answer is a yes and a no. Reason: After all he is a pirate, as OraKi said, pirates steal, plunder, kidnap, do a dogfights, whatever and kill someone is not the exception but I do not say that it is always so, maybe only when the situation requires it.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:11 pm 
Advanced
Advanced

Sabaku-No-Ale wrote:
As I had said in another topic Karnage was evil in "Plunder & Lighting" and possibly a killer, but it is not seen that he killed someone, only he has tried it I guess.
But I do not see why the shock that is only because it belongs to Disney, it means that no violence should be displayed (or at least show the lightest possible); some movies (do not say most) show that parents of the protagonists and/or other characters die (either because they were killed or because of an accident I do not know). It may be surprising at first sight of an infant but eventually the child will know that it is quite natural (not completely, it is wrong to kill but it is not bad die.)
Your right, in Peter Pan, Hook points a pistol off screen and fires at some guy in the rigging playing a musical instrament, badly and after the shot you hear a splas as he falls off presumeably dead.

Ok I came out of topic; the point is if Karnage is a killer? my answer is a yes and a no. Reason: After all he is a pirate, as OraKi said, pirates steal, plunder, kidnap, do a dogfights, whatever and kill someone is not the exception but I do not say that it is always so, maybe only when the situation requires it.

Blackbeard did kill when he had too, it's only done if it needs too be.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:01 am 

Quote:
But I do not see why the shock that is only because it belongs to Disney, it means that no violence should be displayed (or at least show the lightest possible); some movies (do not say most) show that parents of the protagonists and/or other characters die (either because they were killed or because of an accident I do not know)

Yes, but :

1- It's usually not shown, more suggested,

2- Films != Series, I have yet to see a Disney "family" series in which a character kills another

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 4:27 pm 

Karnage has killed and stole. It is his job. :twisted:

Advertisement