Animation Source Forums

=> Visit the Animation Source fansites!

Read the site rules!

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Is it true that Michael Eisner wanted to kill off Kit?
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 10:46 pm 

I don't know this is true or that he wanted to kill off Karny, too? :twisted: He probably got his wish by killing off the series especially after the Dogs of War. He is Jewish and several of his relatives were murdered by them :cry: I guess he didn't like that but still evil exist in an alternate universe.

Post subject: Re: Is it true that Michael Eisner wanted to kill off Kit?
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:10 pm 
Beginner
Beginner

Actually; Eisner didn't care about any new characters in DTVA. He wanted to milk the classical characters like Baloo, Louie and Shere Khan. He didn't want to create new stars. So they got buried basically by Eisner's apathy.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 8:47 am 
Newcomer
Newcomer

nose dive wrote:
I don't know this is true or that he wanted to kill off Karny, too? :twisted: He probably got his wish by killing off the series especially after the Dogs of War. He is Jewish and several of his relatives were murdered by them :cry: I guess he didn't like that but still evil exist in an alternate universe.

No, no and no.
1. Characters never got killed in Disney shows (unless it happened off screen as part of the story or back story). Even if they did, they would certainly not kill main characters.
2. Eisner did not hate TaleSpin. If he did, it would've never been made. He didn't "kill off the series". The series was made for syndication, which usually was limited to 65 episodes. There are case of shows getting more episodes, but is a rather seldom occurrence and usually tied to a new deal with a channel or package deal.
3. Why would you would be "guessing" twisted stuff like this?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 4:58 pm 
Beginner
Beginner

Apparently; Nosedive has no concept of the word "bury" in a pro wrestling context; which means: "make persona non grata" basically.

Quote:
2. Eisner did not hate TaleSpin. If he did, it would've never been made. He didn't "kill off the series". The series was made for syndication, which usually was limited to 65 episodes. There are case of shows getting more episodes, but is a rather seldom occurrence and usually tied to a new deal with a channel or package deal.

Yeah; there is a big difference between "Hate" and "don't care". He wanted a fourth series to make for the Disney Afternoon block and didn't care if TaleSpin was successful or not.

Quote:
3. Why would you would be "guessing" twisted stuff like this?

He thinks he's me. However; I don't take myself that seriously. :roll:

Advertisement