Animation Source Forums

=> Visit the Animation Source fansites!

Read the site rules!

All times are UTC - 6 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Is it true that Michael Eisner wanted to kill off Kit?
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 10:46 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 09, 2016 1:10 am



I don't know this is true or that he wanted to kill off Karny, too? :twisted: He probably got his wish by killing off the series especially after the Dogs of War. He is Jewish and several of his relatives were murdered by them :cry: I guess he didn't like that but still evil exist in an alternate universe.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Is it true that Michael Eisner wanted to kill off Kit?
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:10 pm 
Offline
Beginner
Beginner

Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:59 am
Posts: 88
Actually; Eisner didn't care about any new characters in DTVA. He wanted to milk the classical characters like Baloo, Louie and Shere Khan. He didn't want to create new stars. So they got buried basically by Eisner's apathy.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Is it true that Michael Eisner wanted to kill off Kit?
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 8:47 am 
Offline
Newcomer
Newcomer

Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:04 am
Posts: 25
nose dive wrote:
I don't know this is true or that he wanted to kill off Karny, too? :twisted: He probably got his wish by killing off the series especially after the Dogs of War. He is Jewish and several of his relatives were murdered by them :cry: I guess he didn't like that but still evil exist in an alternate universe.


No, no and no.
1. Characters never got killed in Disney shows (unless it happened off screen as part of the story or back story). Even if they did, they would certainly not kill main characters.
2. Eisner did not hate TaleSpin. If he did, it would've never been made. He didn't "kill off the series". The series was made for syndication, which usually was limited to 65 episodes. There are case of shows getting more episodes, but is a rather seldom occurrence and usually tied to a new deal with a channel or package deal.
3. Why would you would be "guessing" twisted stuff like this?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Is it true that Michael Eisner wanted to kill off Kit?
PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 4:58 pm 
Offline
Beginner
Beginner

Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:59 am
Posts: 88



Apparently; Nosedive has no concept of the word "bury" in a pro wrestling context; which means: "make persona non grata" basically.

Quote:
2. Eisner did not hate TaleSpin. If he did, it would've never been made. He didn't "kill off the series". The series was made for syndication, which usually was limited to 65 episodes. There are case of shows getting more episodes, but is a rather seldom occurrence and usually tied to a new deal with a channel or package deal.


Yeah; there is a big difference between "Hate" and "don't care". He wanted a fourth series to make for the Disney Afternoon block and didn't care if TaleSpin was successful or not.

Quote:
3. Why would you would be "guessing" twisted stuff like this?


He thinks he's me. However; I don't take myself that seriously. :roll:


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 

Advertisement


All times are UTC - 6 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2008 phpBB Group