Animation Source Forums

=> Visit the Animation Source fansites!

Read the site rules!

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Inapropiate names?
PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 10:57 am 
Living here
Living here

Tarja the Wolf wrote:
I also have seen a username once called"Yourmamagoodinbed"And I was like Wow!

Ew! :evil: There was a member calling F-ing me, and I thought, what the heck is that?! Stupid person.... that annoys me when I see stuff like that here, especially if the username F-ING ME! is just thrown in you're face.

Beautiful, wonderful, signature made by Forbidden Studios!!
IchiRuki is pure love and my source of Inspiration.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 6:11 pm 
Living here
Living here

blista compact wrote:
joker> what was his name?

speeddog666,but he has willingly said to us all that he is christian.The reason for his name is because his internet canine character(which is also his avatar) is suppose to be some kind of demondog or something.look here for more infohttp://baltosource.timduru.org/board/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=15005&p=451983#p451983

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 6:17 pm 
Famous one
Famous one

I once ran into someone named Craven Morhed.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:41 am 
Advanced
Advanced

Hey all... just ...well, I know this is kinda off topic, but I couldn't help but notice that Jersey Captain had posted here and was wondering... Hey JC, if you're still watching this, please let me know something... if you've ever had a girlfriend/wife think for a moment how you would feel if someone drug her through the dirt like you do Brown. We've met in real life now, and despite what anyone says I would literally die for her. I can't honestly say that of many people in this world. I know my actions haven't been as true to my Christian claim as they should have been, but I'm just curious as to what you would have me do? ...what would you do in my position were it someone you cared about enough to consider spending the rest of your life with hm? This is said with the most honest intentions, I'm certainly not trying to start a flame war or anything, I'm growing quite tired of fighting. I just want an answer to that question. You're not on my enemy list, if you care to PM me you can, or you can post it here, doesn't matter to me.

On the topic at hand I have to say that if a name eludes to a sexual, violent or obscene word(s) it should not be allowed. simply adding in symbols to get it past the censors will not cut it, everyone knows what the word is. As far as SMS not being allowed in names? ...I see nothing wrong with that. That's people's own choice if someone wants to name themselves Luvu2 I don't see anything wrong with it at all (a little strange, but different people have different tastes). I believe a member name should only be changed if it's meaning and interpretation break the site's obscenity rules.

- LCpl Anthony E. Rotramel, USMC Sep.
(Rotramel the Writer)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 3:08 am 
Animation Source is my home!

We don't want bad usernames here for this reason.

1.This is a kid friendly site.

Sig by Moki

I'm offering NO argument to any Animation Sourcer -Celtic Kate

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 8:49 pm 

Joker wrote:
blista compact wrote:
joker> what was his name?

speeddog666,but he has willingly said to us all that he is christian.The reason for his name is because his internet canine character(which is also his avatar) is suppose to be some kind of demondog or something.look here for more infohttp://baltosource.timduru.org/board/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=15005&p=451983#p451983

Okay, do you even realize how old that topic is and that things aren't as they were back then? For one, I've since apoligized to him for that. So dragging me into it and making me look like the 'bad guy' here is totally unneeded. And Speedy doesn't even come here anymore.

And next time try to keep with something more recent. Mkay.

As for the topic. There's really no easy way to "censor" usernames. If you see one you think is inapropiate, contact a mod.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:53 pm 
Famous one
Famous one

Most of the people who actually join with vulgar and inappropriate names are just silly trolls. And, usually because of their names, they are dealt with rather swiftly. But, I do agree. Joining a site like this, made to be viewed by all ages instead of a select group, with such a username is pretty ridiculous. Of course, I could go into a long rant about trolls who do this, or even trolls in general, but I think I'll save that for another day and another topic (like the Troll Awareness topic I'm going to be posting within the next few weeks.)

deviantART, YouTube,Twitter, Tumblr, Casting Call Club
Steam: PandaB3rrr
Playstation Network: PandaB3rrr
Xbox Live: PandaB3rrr
Pottermore: AvisFelicis5156

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 7:30 pm 
Living here
Living here

JerseyCaptain wrote:
Well, I guess I totally misinterpreted the mod he was talking about. :oops: Because I wasn't thinking of you, Tibb ol' buddy. Not in the least. Just FYI. :)

And yes, if this WAS that old a situation, then it was pretty stupid for him to have brought it up.

I was just pointing out that names shouldn't be used to insult people.I don't need YOU to tell me what to do.end of story

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 7:50 pm 
Living here
Living here

JerseyCaptain wrote:
Joker wrote:
I was just pointing out that names shouldn't be used to insult people.I don't need YOU to tell me what to do.end of story

Ah ah ah...don't start this again. You know what happened last time. Or would you prefer to have a moderator ban you?

When I say end of story,I mean it.If you have a problem with that,then just let me be and I won't push it.Alright?If people would just leave me alone,I wouldn't be as defensive cause where I'm from you have no choice but to be defensive.not like you people care

Last edited by Pirate480 on Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 5:56 am 
Famous one
Famous one

JerseyCaptain wrote:
Joker wrote:
When I say end of story,I mean it.If you have a problem with that,then just let me be and I won't push it.Alright?

Excuse me, but you pushed it in the first place. I wasn't addressing you in the first place. So when I say "ah ah ah", I mean it. Now, this new attempt at flaming has earned you yet another report to the mods. :roll:

Sooner or later, you're going to have to learn to play nice in the sandbox, Joker.

I love you.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 5:57 am 

I suggest you listin to JerseyCaptain. Anyway, Like one time i saw the name of, "poop"

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next