Animation Source Forums

=> Visit the Animation Source fansites!

Read the site rules!

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Illustrations Needed for VS Episode 1 (OUTDATED)
PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:34 am 
Beginner
Beginner

NB : Considering we've taken another approach by making the comic directly, this list is now outdated.

Code: Select all

Inking                   Lettering                    Coloring

This is a list of comic panels in our first VS episode that need help with illustrations. I've only listed those in the first 4 pages for now, if these get done we will add more. Artists, if you would like to volunteer to do work on a particular scene (and can commit the time to get it done in a reasonable timeframe) please post below and we will add your name to the list.

We will be using this version of this script (NOTE this has changed from before)

http://phylogeny.awardspace.us/comic-draft.pdf

Last edited by phylogeny on Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:35 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Illustrations Needed for VS Episode 1
PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:38 am 
Beginner
Beginner

I'm doing the first couple of illustrations right now. please come by my channel. I'll do them live.

http://www.livestream.com/talespin_virtual?t=207505

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:50 pm 
Beginner
Beginner

Hi artists,

OPUS and I talked about converting the scripts into a format that would be easier to draw as a comic. Do you think that would help? If so, I think it's worthwhile to make the artists' jobs easier. I looked at some stuff online about how to script comics and tried scripting the first page of the comic.

How's this format? Let me know if it helps, and please feel free to make any suggestions. Like I said, I want to do whatever I can to make the artists' job easier and attract new artists as well.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:35 am 
Beginner
Beginner

I think that'll work better, because it's more specific on what the panels would look like.

P.S.

I haven't yet confirmed my role for the project yet becuase I've been busy with various endeavors, including college. For the next two weeks, I'll be busy. But I'd like to return as an artist sometime.

If you can, put me down as a creative consultant for. Because I'm not sure if I'll have time to help illustrate the comic yet.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:44 am 
Animation Source is my home!

Put me down there for...IDK which one scene, or even all of them. I'm Inker xD

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:34 pm 
Beginner
Beginner

So, anyone want to take shot at drawing at the first page? I'd like to see how it goes. If it works out I'll start converting the rest of the script to comic format.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:10 pm 
Beginner
Beginner

I{ll do the first page. just let me get dettle with that and the other stuff I'm working on. I will do a part this weekend. I{ll let you know if I will broadcast it on the livestream channel.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 2:22 am 

OPUS wrote:
I{ll do the first page. just let me get dettle with that and the other stuff I'm working on. I will do a part this weekend. I{ll let you know if I will broadcast it on the livestream channel.

Can't wait! :D

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:01 am 

Just for the record, my computer has a storyboarding program. If you get me the illustrations and such, I could make them into a more organized form if that'd be of help.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:51 am 
Beginner
Beginner

Hey! So it's been about a week since I posted this call for illustrations, and so far only one artist (OPUS) has volunteered to help with any part of Episode 1. I thought we had three artists signed up. ArChip and GoddessoftheWolves, are you guys busy?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:07 am 
Beginner
Beginner

phylogeny wrote:
Hey! So it's been about a week since I posted this call for illustrations, and so far only one artist (OPUS) has volunteered to help with any part of Episode 1. I thought we had three artists signed up. ArChip and GoddessoftheWolves, are you guys busy?

Last night I spenf the day working on 2 commissions, and today I have another two to finish up. I'm not saying this because I want ouyt of the team, but the contrary. I'm so in like never before, but guys please be patinece. We do need more artist and GoddessOfTheWolves's help with inking would be more than an amazing help. Eclipse, I know you are not as busty so your models in 3d would help me lots when drawing the planes , so please if you can manage to do the models for the first comic page I wll appreciate that. The front comic cover , you can leave that to me I{m all about Eye candy images specially for covers. perhaps some soft coloring and action involved , but not too much since it is only the first part.

Archip, your feed back and ideas will also helps lots , but most of all guys, please be around when Im streaming on livestream because is like having more motivation to do it and you know it really helps. I'm going to be drawing slow during the weekend since thie weekend sadly , or fortunately I had copmmissions to do and , well, that is part of my living income. I'll be around later tonight on the live stream channel to scribble some to get the writter motivated. Just random scenes and characters. I'll let you knoew about the time. in fact let put it at 7:00 pm centarl time. so its a date!

please be there guys.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:42 pm 

Sorry Opus, but I won't be available (too late for us Europeans :/) although I would have loved to.

Just in case someone comes, here's the link :
http://www.livestream.com/talespin_virtual?t=207505

Quote:
We do need more artist and GoddessOfTheWolves's help with inking would be more than an amazing help.

Now that I think about it...I may not have particular DRAWING skills, but I'd be very glad to do inking, lettering or coloring. (I have a graphical tablet, and I have already done that in the past...for a graphical adventure game you don't know about) No, in fact I would LOVE that :D

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 1:33 am 
Beginner
Beginner

I updated the comic script online to include all of Scene 1, and I'm continuing to do the same for the rest of the episode. There should now be plenty of work for the artists :-) Here's the link again for those who don't want to browse the whole thread again.

I also had a thought...more of a question for the artists...do you guys think it would it be easier to just draw the individual panels separately (like, one panel per image file)? That seems to be what ArChip and some others have drawn already, and it might be easier to split up the work between artists. And if we end up turning it into a webcomic or whatever it would be easy to resize the panels and display panels per page. If so, I don't see why we shouldn't just proceed like this.

What do you guys think? Is there anything else you can think of that will help the art process along?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 8:19 am 
Beginner
Beginner

I like this.It's much more concrete.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:11 am 
Beginner
Beginner

I can do coloring for the comic, if that's okay. :)