Animation Source Forums

=> Visit the Animation Source fansites!

Read the site rules!

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Do you prefer longer stories posted in chapters, or all at once?
Chapters 100%  100%  [ 1 ]
All at Once 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 1
 Post subject: DT's Back in the Game! (Poll Added)
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:08 pm 
Animation Source is my home!

After some recent attention to my story "White Legend Reborn" on fanfiction.net, as well as a few other pieces I'd written, I've decided to return to writing fan fiction on a part-time basis. So I'd like to know which stories people are interested in seeing me resume and/or revamp. For those unfamiliar with my material, here are a few summaries:

Balto fanfics found here: http://www.animationsource.org/balto/en ... /3639.html

The Toby series - a collection of short stories about my main character Toby, a bloodhound/husky mix with a dangerous case of hero worship toward Balto, as well as his circle of friends and relatives. I'm thinking about redoing this one more or less from the ground up because I'd like to see if I can do them better, but I'm also open to picking up where I left off with the continued adventures of... well, spoilers.

Hidden text : click to show

White Legend: Reborn - A new improved version of my previous take on how Balto's parents met. I'm leaning toward this one since I left off partway.

Balto's Treasure Island: Inspired in part by the Wishbone books and in part by Treasure Planet, this particular re-make of a classic is one of the few bits of fan fiction I'm still really pleased with. I've thought about a sequel or two if anyone would be of a mind to read them.

All Dogs go to Heaven fanfiction: http://www.animationsource.org/adgth/en ... 13093.html

There's only one series to tell about there; it's a comedy series about Charlie and Sasha adjusting to life as newlyweds and housepets in the wake of ADGTH2.

Beyond these, I can guarantee three pieces of fan fiction for The Land Before Time and one for We're Back! A Dinosaur's Story. Feedback on my projects will have a role in deciding which ones I will focus on and/or whether I decide to reestablish the "discontinued" status of some.

EDIT: In case I failed to clarify this, I'm looking for feedback.

EDIT: Added a poll.

Sig and userbars created by Bastet :spiderman:
Body piercing saved my life
my-book-t30672.html Click here

Last edited by Jake Razor on Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: I'm Back in the Game (Maybe)
PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 6:57 pm 
Young pup

I've said it once already, but I will restate it once more. I personally feel that the Toby Series is more or less complete, but open to more. I know you mentioned the possibility of a closing story, which I think would be great way to wrap up the series.

I think a good area to focus on would be the Tower of Babble series you have with ADGTH source, as I think that a continuation would be a welcome change of pace.

Beyond that, I've sent another detail to you in a P.M.

I will keep you posted or anything else I might think of.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 8:13 pm 

I've finished a new chapter of White Legend Reborn. It needs a little fine-tuning, I think, and I'm debating whether to expand a little more on Scrub's part... (spoiler ahead)

Hidden text : click to show

... but once that's settled I hope to post the story on fanfiction.net sometime next week if events allow. I've also been dusting off an old anthro-universe story about the Balto characters which will focus in large part on their moral compasses while deviating significantly from their movie settings, and I'm debating whether to just post the "finale" story for the Toby series or to release one story that goes in between first. It's not essential to the series, but I think it's a fun one and it definitely explores some previously unaddressed areas of the characters' lives. Any input is welcome.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 7:12 pm 
Young pup

I'd go for it. I'd love to see you back in the game. I still love the Toby Series :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 9:16 pm 

Thank you, Never. At this time I am planning improved versions of certain Toby stories to be posted on fanfiction.net and possibly here, and at least one (possibly two) new ones as previously stated.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:31 pm 

The latest chapter of White Legend is now on fanfiction.net, for those who don't feel like waiting (although the AS version will hopefully be an improvement over the ff.net version).

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/5800673/18/White-Legend

Also, I've decided to start a poll: do you prefer to see longer stories posted in chapters, or all in one go?