Animation Source Forums

=> Visit the Animation Source fansites!

Read the site rules!

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Here Is a Review of Jolly Molly Christmas.
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:20 pm 
Beginner
Beginner

Oh; and here's a review of Jolly Molly Christmas from A Cartoon Christmas and it's a really good one too:

http://www.acartoonchristmas.com/2010/1 ... christmas/

Discuss among yourselves. I will have my re-rant on this episode on Christmas Eve; because it's the most fitting.

Post subject: Re: Here Is a Review of Jolly Molly Christmas.
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:09 pm 
Beginner
Beginner

Cute episode, I like the rare instances we get with Baloo as a surrogate parent figure to Molly, giving further enthasis of the team being a family (wished just once she'd refer to him as 'Papa Bear' though, that would really solidify things).

The setup is a bit rough and 'silly' in places, the 'Candy Cane fairy' idea seemed a bit of a random concept to quickly start off the plot. There are fairies for everything these days, huh? :D

I definitely agree with the reviewer that Louie as Santa Claus was a big bonus, his portrayal had a touch of sentimentality too, resentfully taking up the embarrassing role and then slowly 'becoming the mask' and rather warmly entertaining Molly. Looks like he has his own line of merchandise as well (anyone want a Louie jack in the box).

The revelation scene came off as kinda sociopathic, with everyone laughing as poor Molly is reduced to tears (all that's missing is the toothless janitor pointing at her and we have a Austin Powers III replicant. "...Dad?..." :P ).

The ambiguous presence that rejuvinates Molly's faith in Xmas is either highly poignant or gonna leave you going 'WTF IS GOING ON?' It's neverless cute.

The animation is decent if not the show's best, the unique title card was also a neat touch (anyone get a Chuck Jones feel from that odd Molly art?). I also heard this was the final episode in production order, if so it would have been a pretty nice way to close the series, with the cast in their near entirety placed in a rather sentimental family focused story.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:38 pm 
Beginner
Beginner

This has became one of my favorite Christmas specials of alltime next to SuperBook: The First Christmas, Flinstones Christmas and It's a Wonderful life.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:49 am 

Jolly Molly Christmas is a great way for kids to learn about the holidays. It's really fun and entertaining! The graphics are really well done, and it's a great way to get your kids into the spirit of Christmas. I also like how they have these different categories of games that you can play with your kids. You can play the Christmas Cookies game where you have to put together a cookie in the right order. And you can download Christmas themes from this https://masterbundles.com/templates/presentations/powerpoint/christian/ source. Or you can play the Santa's Gifts game where you have to put together presents so Santa will deliver them on time.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2022 1:40 am 

Jolly Molly Christmas is a fun, free game that you can play on your phone or tablet. The game has a retro feel to it and it’s easy to pick up and play. You need to help the little girl find her way back home before the clock runs out, but there are plenty of other things that you can do in the game as well. The controls are simple and straightforward, so even if you don’t know how to play computer games, this one won’t be too difficult for you to get used to. I usually hire writers from https://writingandriding.com/ source. There are also many different levels that you can play through, so there’s always something new happening in Jolly Molly Christmas.