Animation Source Forums

=> Visit the Animation Source fansites!

Read the site rules!

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Help with fics needed
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:54 am 
Young pup

Ok, hello there. I've had some TaleSpin plotbunnies jumping around in my head ever since I started nostalgia tripping on YouTube. (Random fact of the day: The show is called Pilipalipilotit in my native language :D I like TaleSpin so much better for some reason!)

I don't really have any friends who are interested in the series so I'm not really able to talk about my ideas to anyone. It would be great to exchange IM addresses with someone who could help me out by listening to my weird ideas and help me sort them out, and if I ever get to actually write something it would be great if someone could betaread the fic for me. It would have to be someone who can also deal with slash of varying degrees.

So I've drawn a couple of pictures of the idea which at the moment is the one I'm most likely going to start writing, including this one http://aliothgrenwahl.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d3bv2hp which I decided to show because a picture can tell more than a thousand words.

Basically I started to think "What if Bagheera had been on the show?". I tried to look for fics but I didn't find any. I started making sketches of what he might've looked like as TS character and a scenes started forming in my head. I started working on those particular drawings. What if Bagheera and Baloo had been friends/roommates, but then gone off to their separate ways, and now Bagheera either turns up to say hi to his old buddy, or meets him by chance. I was thinking he might be looking for a job after either getting fired or fed up with his previous job. Extremely conveniently there happens to be an opening in Khan Industries - as Khan's assistant. (O'Rourke finally came down with the impending nervous breakdown?)

Aaaand that's kind of where the line ends. :roll: I'm not sure what happens after Bagheera gets hired. Epic plot device involving air pirates? Maybe slash? I don't know. Unless it's going to be just a shortish oneshot focusing on Bagheera/Khan relationship I suppose I need a plot.

Anyone broken their brain yet?

Post subject: Re: Help with fics needed
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:00 pm 
Animation Source is my home!
Animation Source is my home!

Welcome here A.G :)

I love your artworks!
And yes, it would be kinda interesting to see how Bagheera would fit into TaleSpin. This could actually become one episode of our Virtual Season project!
So yes, if you want to share your ideas, maybe you could do it here :

talespin-virtual-season-f76.html

You have a good basis for a story, although it will need more development if we intend to do a full episode.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:46 pm 
Newcomer
Newcomer

Hurray! Another artist! We need to keep attracting more artists for the VS. Immediately, we are gearing up for production so, whatever you think you can lend to the efforts will definitely help! Also, if you've the ability, find a time convenient for you to drop into the Shout Box and chat it up with folks. Sometimes are more lively than others so do your best to find a time when you can be on with others! If we can all keep cheering each other on, we can breathe new life into Tale Spin and love the series back into the skies!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:02 am 
Young pup

Oh man, took a while for me to get here again. :)

steet wrote:
Welcome here A.G :)
So yes, if you want to share your ideas, maybe you could do it here :

talespin-virtual-season-f76.html

You have a good basis for a story, although it will need more development if we intend to do a full episode.

That could be very interesting! I actually managed to do a more detailed skeleton plot of the idea, but I don't want to get into anything before I have any concrete material in my hands. If someone wants to take a look at the grammatically horrifying and clumsily worded outline to see if it' got the right stuff I could upload the text to Pastebin and link it.

Aku wrote:
Hurray! Another artist! We need to keep attracting more artists for the VS. Immediately, we are gearing up for production so, whatever you think you can lend to the efforts will definitely help! Also, if you've the ability, find a time convenient for you to drop into the Shout Box and chat it up with folks. Sometimes are more lively than others so do your best to find a time when you can be on with others! If we can all keep cheering each other on, we can breathe new life into Tale Spin and love the series back into the skies!

Bad news is: I don't do comics :S So I doubt I'll be artistically helpful in that sense. My talent doesn't swing that way although I've always read comics. I can't draw clean line art to save my life, I'm afraid my style is quite....uhh... impressionistic? :D (read: smudgy)

But I might be able to get a hold of someone who was on the same visual arts programme with me and ask if he would be willing to do some charity work :) The last time I heard of him he was starting a comic of his own so I don't know if he'll have time so don't get too excited.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:04 pm 

I was wondering where he was and where was Kaa or the vultures.