Animation Source Forums

=> Visit the Animation Source fansites!

Read the site rules!

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Hello. Role-Play Anyone?
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:21 pm 
Animation Source is my home!

2PM GMT? That's too early for me, unless it's the weekend.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:39 pm 

I said it just before, "For me the best would be between 6 PM and 10 PM GMT TIME on week days." I live in France, that's why :?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:32 pm 

Labatryth wrote:
Ah, sorry, well, I suppose I might be able to it at seven or so. Not sure how that would conflict with dinner.

Considering it still hasn't started...are we dropping it or what?
I still think doing a RPG on the forums could be easier to organize than on the shout box, because people would be able to post whenever they want.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:54 pm 
Young pup

hey there, im a huge fan of the show and i just stumbled on this site today.. boy am i late to the party! anyway, i haven't role played in a looooong time but a talespin RP definitely peaks my interest. are you guys still doing it?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:07 am 

Well I'm no expert at RPGs, but I believe all you have to do to start one is to...post a new topic here! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:59 am 
Newcomer
Newcomer

That's a good way to start.

Incidentally, if you have a plot in mind, it may be worth it to PM the main protagonists and antagonists their initial starting premises and goals. It's much easier to stay in character if you have an idea of what the character's motive actually is. Otherwise you may end up with a series of deus ex encounters.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:21 pm 
Young pup

i've never done a forum RP before but im willing to give it a try.. is there a specific order we each post in? like one at a time? or is it more of a free for all? once i know the specifics/rules im sure i'll be able to jump right in. also, as far as characters go, what do you guys think about me playing lauchpad mcquack? i think an appearance by LP would have made for the coolest talespin episode(s) ever. it just makes complete and total sense, seeing as how he is also a pilot and all. maybe he could come later in the story after the HfH crew get caught by karnage. they could find LP already in the holding cell after being captured while trying to deliver/retrieve some kind of priceless artifact for mr.mcduck. as failure is never an option for LP, especially when he's on a job from mr.mcduck, he's very gung-ho about escaping, getting the artifact back from the pirates, and taking it to it's destination. he and baloo would have some interesting chemistry, now that i think about it, as they both are pretty bumbling though they always mean well, and both think they're the best pilot alive. i can see the ego of those two getting in the way at first, then both having to learn to not be so self-centered and work together to get the job done and win the day.. and at the end of the ordeal, have great respect for one another and their abilities as airmen. so what do ya think?

if this idea doesn't fly (no pun-intended), i call louie, since my name is louis.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 5:36 pm 
Newcomer
Newcomer

I'm not entirely sure (welcome to the forums by the way :))

If we treat this like an RPG, we'll need a GM and some set rules when it comes to posing. Other than that, I'd like to think of this future forum RP as an experiment in cooperative creative writing :)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 1:35 pm 
Young pup

hey, thanks for the welcome, it's good to be here amongst people who still remember when cartoons were actually heartfelt and meaningful.. and dare i say it? ART.

cool, i like that idea. "an experiment in cooperative creative writing". that takes the pressure off. as long as its kept lighthearted and fun (and the rules not too strict), i don't think we can go wrong.

im ready to 'experiment' when you guys are.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next