Animation Source Forums

=> Visit the Animation Source fansites!

Read the site rules!

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Game search
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 6:26 pm 
Animation Source is my home!

Ever suddenly remember a game from the past but can't remember the title?

Maybe someone here can help, post information about it and see if it jogs anyone else's memory!

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Ok, the other day I was watching TV (as you do) and I turned on the SKY menu and there was a piece of music that made me almost flashback to an old PlayStation 1 game I used to love, the music was exactly like it.

Unfortunately my mic isn't working so I can't record it to see if it jogs anyone else's memory but I remember that in the game you played a little anthro fox, only quite short and he wore a blue old-fashioned type warrior vest and had a sword. The bit I remembered most was where you were on a beach just near the beginning of the game.

Does this ring any bells for anyone? I'd love to get it again, I've been slowly collecting all the PS1 games I liked again via eBay and I really want to add this one. I just cannot remember the title at all! >.<

*EDIT*

Found now, thanks Rusty!

*WOLFLUX EDIT*

This topic can now be used for asking about games you want to get, but you have forgotten (old ones/classics). Give us a proper description of whatever you recall of it and we will try to help you out.

Last edited by Lux - The Guardian on Sat Apr 26, 2008 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Edited.

Post subject: Re: Game search....help?
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 7:16 pm 
Famous one
Famous one

Now I'm extremely curious.

I ran into the Fox (disambiguation) page on Wikipedia but none of the fictional characters listed were from a Playstation game.

Do you remember what genre the game was under? Or anything else? Even the smallest detail could help.

Go read The Rites of Passage and Defense of a Crippled City Novela and RP.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 7:26 pm 

Pretty sure it was an RPG, if that's what it's called, similar to Crash and Spyro, that genre. I remember it was only a 3+ or something aswell, not a high rating.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 7:33 pm 
Famous one
Famous one

Ha ha ha! I think I found it!

Does the title Kingsley's Adventure ring a bell?

It fits in the platformer/adventure genres, also having some RGP elements.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:36 am 

That looks like the one!! Thanks Rusty, the name sure does sound right now, I best get looking on eBay now XD

I think I'll change this to a general game search topic now so it doesn't go to waste.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 4:50 pm 
Famous one
Famous one

UK teh white wolfer wrote:
That looks like the one!! Thanks Rusty, the name sure does sound right now, I best get looking on eBay now XD

I think I'll change this to a general game search topic now so it doesn't go to waste.

Agreed. I'll stick this and edit your first post.

Post subject: Re: Game search
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:56 pm 

-blows dust off the thread-

Hey, guys, I've been looking for a good RPG game for Nintendo DS similar to the Pokémon series. You know, where you have your own unique characters and you train them to get stronger and stuff. Friends recommended Final Fantasy, to me, but I was never really a fan of the franchise to begin with. I found Digimon World DS, because I'm just weird like that. But if any of you know anything else that similar and PHUN, then I'd really like to hear them. :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:31 pm 
Famous one
Famous one

Dr. Rex wrote:

Hey, guys, I've been looking for a good RPG game for Nintendo DS similar to the Pokémon series. You know, where you have your own unique characters and you train them to get stronger and stuff. Friends recommended Final Fantasy, to me, but I was never really a fan of the franchise to begin with. I found Digimon World DS, because I'm just weird like that. But if any of you know anything else that similar and PHUN, then I'd really like to hear them. :wink:

I'm going to be another friend who recommends Final Fantasy. But here's the thing, each Final Fantasy game plays differently. I'll tell you what I mean, but first, a list of Final Fantasy games on the DS:

Final Fantasy III
Final Fantasy IV
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Ring of Fates
Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift

Final Fantasy III Box
Final Fantasy III Battle
Final Fantasy IV box
Final Fantasy IV battle

Final Fantasy III and IV are remakes of the older games of the same name (III never came out of Japan when it was first released for the Famicom, and this version of IV is the fourth remake of the same game) They are the most similar of the list above because they are part of the main numerical line. That said, they play like this: You control a character and his party (most commonly 4 members, but has been 3 and 5) through a overworld filled with town, castles, caves, and all the other locations a classic RPG would have. You follow them through their story through these locations fighting monsters, looking for magical item, and saving the world from certain doom.
Fights are [read: very, VERY similar to pokemon] played out like this: your line of party members are on one side of the screen and the monsters are on the other side. Both sides take turns pulling off commands (well III is turned based. IV uses a bit more complex system called Active Time. The general saying for that is that the enemies are not going to wait around for you to go through and issue commands to your characters). The battle is completed when either side is defeated or flees and you are given a rewards screen or a Game Over screen.

Think of these games as a very mature Pokemon game without a collection aspect.
Both games use the same graphic engine, though IV is slightly move improved and has voice acting and more in-game cut scenes than III.

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Ring of Fates Box
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Ring of Fates Battle

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Ring of Fates is part of a spin-off series of the main Final Fantasy line. The Crystal Chronicles games are a real-time action, dungeon crawler, and hack-n-slash type of game (think Zelda with a far more focus on action than puzzle solving). You'll get a party of four consisting of one member from each of the four tribes [read: races]. You'll control one at a time while the rest follow you and attack enemies by A.I. The game's one castle acts as a base where you'll buy new, sell, and craft equipment, and restock on items and magicite (stones that are use to do magic). All the other areas are dungeon that you'll take your party to to get though and fight a boss monster.
The game also has a multiplayer mode where you will create a character from any tribe and either gender and team up with 3 other players to take on the same dungeons that are in the single player mode and do special missions that will either team you up to take on a challenge or put you against each other.

Final Fantasy Tactics A2 box
Final Fantasy Tactics A2 battle

Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift is part of another spin-off series of the main Final Fantasy line. This series of games is all about strategy. You'll have your clan of members of many different races and you'll command them into battle with a group of monsters, common enemies, and other clans. Think of this game as being like chess: the clans and groups are the armies and the members of the groups are the pieces. Unlike chess, the environment plays a role into what areas units can walk on, or slow them down, and what not. The neat thing about this game is the amount of customization you can do to each of the members. Because each member has their own level, states, and classes they are able to take, you can make them be as general or as specialized as you want.

That's a bit long winded and far less organized than I should have it, but it will do... I hope.
I'll give it another go with other games later if you're not convinced with these.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 2:23 pm 
Newcomer
Newcomer

Rusty the Fox wrote:
Dr. Rex wrote:

stuff

Yes the Final Fantasy games are a good choice, I think, but for some reason a lot of my friends somehow find it boring and hate when I play it around them :shock: . But.. to each their own.

A good title if you aren't much into Final Fantasy is one of the Castlevania games. In Dawn of Sorrow (I think its the first one), you can switch between the main characters and it has -alot- of weapons that you can upgrade as you go along, Its more of a side scrolling action adventure RPG than a turn based RPG, but it is still really fun.
You only start off with a few lousy weapons (throwing bones) you can later get stuff like the flame whip and others that you have to choose carefully which to upgrade to use effectively in boss battles. The games themselves are a bit pricey compared to other DS games but I think it is worth it.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 7:42 pm 

Hmmm... perhaps I should look more into the Final Fantasy games, since it appears to be having the most acclaim right now. It sounds like it could keep me busy for a while, and that's just what I've been needing right now. Lol. Thanks a ton, Rusty and Frycook!!

By the way, is anyone else anticipating Pokémon: Platinum in [March/April] 2009? :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 7:58 pm 
Famous one
Famous one

Dr. Rex wrote:
Hmmm... perhaps I should look more into the Final Fantasy games, since it appears to be having the most acclaim right now. It sounds like it could keep me busy for a while, and that's just what I've been needing right now. Lol. Thanks a ton, Rusty and Frycook!!

By the way, is anyone else anticipating Pokémon: Platinum in [March/April] 2009? :mrgreen:

I don't normally buy into the third game of any pokemon generation because, to me, there's not enough that is changed to make it worth it to play the same game again.
Platinum, however, seems to be a different case, but I'll need a bit more information before I'm convinced.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 9:55 pm 
Newcomer
Newcomer

Just lookin for a good game with tons of fantasy violence. Besides Final Fantasy. I have (well have played) all of em with my cousin. So just something that you think might be good for a PS2 gamer.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:04 pm 
Newcomer
Newcomer

looking for a nice lion king game for pc...

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:35 pm 
Beginner
Beginner

I must say that one of the best games I've bought for the DS was "the world ends with you." That game is crazy, in a battle you control to characters at the same time(lol i usually button mash for the top char but I'm workin on fixing that) there are hundreds of pins, each pin is an attack. you can set 6 pins at once. To use your pins you do things like slashing taping drawing circles and my favorite dragging a line where fire emerges from the ground. At first it seems like the story is going to be really short but don't worry it's not.

This has nothing to do with my previous paragraph but I've noticed that a lot of Nintendo's games have stopped being for the Gamers of the Nintendo 64 and started being for New gamers with no hand eye coordination experience that are just learning. It's why i got an X-box but almost every game is a first person shooter and lack something that Nintendo 64 offered. Does anyone know of any games that you don't beat in a flash or have lots of replaying abilities like star fox or something.
Whoever did this image deserves congratulationsImage

Who are you guys
Fox: We're Star Fox
Lol I get over excited about stuff, If you see a really stupid post, probly cause I'm over Excited.

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 7:29 am 

So hard to find good games i cant think of any to make stronger for a DS exept for final fantasy the only one i know that is real good is final fantasy Tactics A2 i have that and its pretty much training and fighting bit late on this post as the topic may of moved on alittle but hope it helped ^^

A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world.