Animation Source Forums

=> Visit the Animation Source fansites!

Read the site rules!

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Funny but spot-on
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:09 am 
Famous one
Famous one

I'm sorry (well, I'm not really), but I have to...I just HAVE to! Because this trailer, from the YouTube channel Screen Junkies, totally had me in stitches (because it's true on SO many levels!):

Avatar of epicness, and awesome signature image, by MightyBalto1925!

Post subject: Re: Funny but spot-on
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:56 am 
Animation Source is my home!

Is it sad that I found the butt humor amusing? XD

People are finally done talking about Frozen, ey? They ought to come and visit my neck of the woods. The baseball stadium that I live near still likes to play Let it Go for whatever reason, which pollutes the neighborhood with that terrible song. :x If they could trade that for Try Everything, that would be great. XD (the sounds that can be heard there are generally muffled, though songs can be heard more clearly if the wind is blowing in the right direction) It isn't as nearly as annoying as having a young child repeatedly play/sing the song day in and day out, but it's still annoying to hear when they do play it.

^ Sarcasm. I'm well aware that Frozen is still a popular film... unfortunately.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 8:22 am 
Famous one
Famous one

:lol: Yes, surely. The scars I have, from listening to repeated singing of that vicious and inane Frozen song, by my niece, will never go away. It is a horrid song, and a horrid movie. How such a movie, with such a bland and predictable story, and certainly not top-flight animation quality, remained so disturbingly popular is a complete mystery to me.

Of course, besides the obvious snark all over the video above, I do like the references to furries, and how snarky that is. ROFLMAO It's a personal viewpoint.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:21 am 

It's not working with the media player, but I suspect this is the "Honest Trailer," which I have seen.

Sig and userbars created by Bastet :spiderman:
Body piercing saved my life
my-book-t30672.html Click here

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:37 am 

"Media player"? Are you using a external program that can play YouTube videos such as VLC? Otherwise your computer should be able to play the video, even without flash installed (if you view it on the YouTube page). But yes, it's a Honest Trailer.

Quote:
:lol: Yes, surely. The scars I have, from listening to repeated singing of that vicious and inane Frozen song, by my niece, will never go away. It is a horrid song, and a horrid movie. How such a movie, with such a bland and predictable story, and certainly not top-flight animation quality, remained so disturbingly popular is a complete mystery to me.

When it comes to dealing with that, I'll say your scenario is far worse. lol At least I can drown the song out if need be.

I don't get the hype either. I've only seen the movie once (against my will) and that was enough. It's the WORST Disney film I've ever seen. It's a bunch of nonsense heaped together, and the songs only make it worse.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:54 am 
Famous one
Famous one

Jake Razor wrote:
It's not working with the media player, but I suspect this is the "Honest Trailer," which I have seen.

There is a direct link to the page on YouTube right below it, DT...

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:49 pm 

Library computers. Anyway, already saw it. I think they went a bit too far in some respects (though I acknowledge that the decision to include that "naturalist" club was asking for it; who gave that the green light anyway?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 5:05 am 
Famous one
Famous one

Jake Razor wrote:
Library computers. Anyway, already saw it. I think they went a bit too far in some respects (though I acknowledge that the decision to include that "naturalist" club was asking for it; who gave that the green light anyway?

Screen Junkies is just one of many parody accounts on YouTube. I am sure they didn't get any "green light". It probably falls under the shield of "fair use parody". I suppose the only area they may have gone too far, for those sensitive about such things, is the question of animals in the world not being able to breed because they don't seem to have any genitalia. lol But that was meant as humor, DT, not as a serious inquiry. Just like the one about them having no apparent means of going to the bathroom. Of course, we know the characters must...a bathroom appears in the scenes during Judy's training at the police academy.

Remember, it's parody. And Screen Junkies is one of the popular parody accounts. I don't think they were out to rip on the movie anyway. It looks to me like it was all just in good fun.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 7:18 pm 
Famous one
Famous one

*WHEW!* I guess it's all good...Byron Howard, one of Zootopia's directors, saw the Screen Junkies parody and liked it! lol

A tweet from his Twitter account:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 2:30 pm 

I was talking about who gave the green light to having that thing in the movie itself. I realize that nobody screens these parodies.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 4:44 pm 
Famous one
Famous one

Jake Razor wrote:
I was talking about who gave the green light to having that thing in the movie itself. I realize that nobody screens these parodies.

Well it was obviously put in for a reason. It might be worth discussing their possible reasons for adding it. But one would presume that it was added to move the story along somehow. If it was nothing more than a brief lead for Judy and Nick to follow, just to create a bit of "fish-out-of-water" humor for Nick and Judy, as the latter demonstrates her discomfort with being in a nudist sanctuary, then that would be a pretty poor reason to have thrown it in. I mean, why would a seemingly meek, clean-cut, family-oriented guy like Emmitt Otterton be taking yoga classes in a nudist sanctuary, unless he has a darker side to him? lol

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 6:57 pm 

I'm now going to start calling this film Paw and Order.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 2:39 pm 

BaltoSeppala wrote:
Well it was obviously put in for a reason. It might be worth discussing their possible reasons for adding it. But one would presume that it was added to move the story along somehow. If it was nothing more than a brief lead for Judy and Nick to follow, just to create a bit of "fish-out-of-water" humor for Nick and Judy, as the latter demonstrates her discomfort with being in a nudist sanctuary, then that would be a pretty poor reason to have thrown it in. I mean, why would a seemingly meek, clean-cut, family-oriented guy like Emmitt Otterton be taking yoga classes in a nudist sanctuary, unless he has a darker side to him? lol

I don't think I could put that any better. The whole thing is just one big, "Why?"